Dolphins Lose $8MM In Cap Space | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Lose $8MM In Cap Space

X Howard will not get his raise.

Not sure how we can afford 2 high paid corners when we have some decisions with other guys this upcoming year and half the o-line and Tua in a few years.

Wait wtf did we do to get the escalations?...5 sacks or 3 ff or play 13 games.WTFF.
Over half our FA signing were overpaid.Hope these guys didnt hit some bonus clauses

X Howard will not get his raise.

Not sure how we can afford 2 high paid corners when we have some decisions with other guys this upcoming year and half the o-line and Tua in a few years.
That Byron Jones deal is looking less and less palatable . I wish we could restructure . I think I’d rather try working with X on his contract than sign new players. Let’s just hope is willing to work with us like I think he will be. There has to be a way to restructure to backload the cap hit and still make it feasible.

Wait wtf did we do to get the escalations?...5 sacks or 3 ff or play 13 games.WTFF.
Over half our FA signing were overpaid.Hope these guys didnt hit some bonus clauses
Generally... these sorts of upgrades are awarded when a player starts a set number of games.

Ya no **** .That's why I see if true this post is deeply disturbing.
DVP got another million... which only brings him up to 25th in WR pay. It isn't an unreasonable number. Most of these are not. I sense that you just want bargains.

That Byron Jones deal is looking less and less palatable . I wish we could restructure . I think I’d rather try working with X on his contract than sign new players. Let’s just hope is willing to work with us like I think he will be. There has to be a way to restructure to backload the cap hit and still make it feasible.
I like Howard when healthy. I just don't trust those knees. When his knees do act up again he is probably done. It will be a steep drop-off. Hopefully, Noah will make one of these guys expendable and we keep selecting a CB regularly after this years draft.

I like Howard when healthy. I just don't trust those knees. When his knees do act up again he is probably done. It will be a steep drop-off. Hopefully, Noah will make one of these guys expendable and we keep selecting a CB regularly after this years draft.
Iggy was drafted as a hedge against X's knees and legal problems... As good as X is when he is right, I'd offload him if I got the right offer. I fully believe in the trade a guy one year too early rather than one year too late mantra.

Guess you place assertions anywhere and hope they stick.

If I am paying a CB top 5 money then I want top production. If I pay a top 25 WR that then I want top 25 production.

Everyone wants bargains.This has absolutely nothing to do with it.
DVP got another million... which only brings him up to 25th in WR pay. It isn't an unreasonable number. Most of these are not. I sense that you just want bargains.

If I am paying a CB top 5 money then I want top production. If I pay a top 25 WR that then I want top 25 production.

Parker was 39th in yardage... and a number of the players above him have not reached their second contract yet, so all of them will eclipse what he is making. His pay is dead on what it should be.

Something funny that I just noticed while looking at the yardage chart...

The two WRs immediately above DVP in 38th and 37th place? Chris Godwin and JuJu Smith-Schuster... LOL two guys who half of Finheaven thinks we should sign...

Something funny that I just noticed while looking at the yardage chart...

The two WRs immediately above DVP in 38th and 37th place? Chris Godwin and JuJu Smith-Schuster... LOL two guys who half of Finheaven thinks we should sign...
DvP imo was hurt probably 90%+ this year.Game 2 if I am correct.Granted he played a full season but it damn well wasnt 2020 Parker.

i have been pretty adamant that there are 2 WR i look at .Ju Ju and Godwin are neither.

I like the Gimmicky Samuel's on a relatively Team friendly and Corey Davis.

For those who are seriously questioning the Byron Jones contract, let me add a couple of words of caution here.

1) We had the money and it HAD to be spent somewhere. There is, as I always point out, an NFL minimum. Teams are REQUIRED to spend a set % of the maximum salary cap.
2) When we signed X, his pay was routinely questioned as being too high... "a desperation signing" many here wailed girlishly... and yet, a couple of years later, the cap has grown and his salary looks so low that many are saying "the poor, poor man needs a raise."
3) Jones only has guaranteed money through next year. His 2023 salary is 13.5 (plus a 500k bonus), and his 2024 salary is 12.5 (plus a 500K bonus). He can be released/traded easily after next year and those salaries wouldn't prevent it.

I think the hysteria here is a bit much.

DvP imo was hurt probably 90%+ this year.Game 2 if I am correct.Granted he played a full season but it damn well wasnt 2020 Parker.

i have been pretty adamant that there are 2 WR i look at .Ju Ju and Godwin are neither.

I like the Gimmicky Samuel's on a relatively Team friendly and Corey Davis.
I am happy that you like those players... but Parker's pay is completely reasonable for his production. If he's healthy, he'll be underpaid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom