Dolphins lose Preston Williams -- Torn ACL | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins lose Preston Williams -- Torn ACL

Wow, I'm so thankful we were able to get a couple of good punt return yards out of our best wide receiver talent in.. oh, the last ten years. That's some outstanding personnel management!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-26455-1381735529-9.gif

Seriously the whole teams thing (punt return) is just lookin' to

take a bad outcome (resulting in a serious injury) and translate that

into "something that's foreseeable/manageable" by the staff...

Lots of historic GREAT PLAYERS -- including Dion Sanders have

returned punts and played on teams. It's FOOTBALL for gawds sakes!

You can't shelter players. And of course if Flores or Grier had the ability

to see the future and thus KNOW they were absolutely subjecting Preston

to a significant injury CERTAINTY -- I guess they would make a different decision.

It sucks! It's unfair! It totally blows for this kid personally! But it's not

specifically anyone's fault. Bad **** just happens...

Does anyone else think this and X's injuries might be BS?
I think X has an injury more nagging than serious. I think as a precaution they decided to sit him out for the year. They realize they are going nowhere this year and his value increases as the years increase with his contract. Better to sit him and let him get 100% healthy rather than risk a serious injury that would sideline him for potentially an extended amount of time. They invested a lot of money on him, just protecting the future of their investment.

I know it’s one too many especially because it’s one of our players, But how many punt returner‘s, kick off return guys have season ending injuries a year.

Man this is such a bummer. This guy looked to be a legit bright spot. He had to work his tail off to get where he was. Also would have preferred not seeing him on punt duty. Pulling for him

O J McDuffie probably our best if not almost best reciever ever returned punts his entire NFL career. He finally got sidelined with tur toe FYI.

Back
Top Bottom