Dolphins Love Vincent Jackson but signing unlikely/Antonio Bryant an option | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Love Vincent Jackson but signing unlikely/Antonio Bryant an option

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
An official who spoke to the Dolphins said they love San Diego restricted free agent receiver Vincent Jackson. But acquiring him is unlikely because the Chargers can match any offer or get draft-pick compensation (likely first- and third-rounders). Plus, Jackson tells us he's intent on staying with San Diego. A more realistic option is unrestricted free agent Antonio Bryant; a report in Tampa said the Buccaneers are unlikely to re-sign him.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/football/miami-dolphins/story/1479168.html

getting bryant to sign here has always been the most realistic option. all the other possibilities were kind of pie in the sky type of scenarios. have no problem with bryant coming over.

Just immagine Bryant and Boldin... And Ginn and Bess and Hartline....

I would like either signing. Bryant is a stud and I firmly believe if we can bring in a guy like him or boldin, hartline would make a lovely # 2 with bess in the slot and teddy ginn making a nice 4th option/kick returner

Just draft Dez Bryant

As much as I would love to have Dez Bryant fall to us, I look at it from two angles:

(1) I doubt Dez makes it to pick #12, especially with the potentially receiver-needy Broncos sitting in front of us with the Brandon Marshall drama

(2) The Dolphins have greater needs to fill with the #12 pick than WR. Miami can upgrade their receiver position by signing a player like Antonio Bryant. However, outside of Dansby, there is not much available in FA to upgrade Miami's severely poor LBs. Even signing Dansby does not fill the holes at both OLB positions. We already know Porter will be gone, Jason Taylor may not come back, and Cameron Wake (despite his superb passrush abilities) has not proven himself as an every-down OLB. Using the #12 pick on a stud ILB or OLB would go a long way to help shore up the defense (which WAS the main problem with Miami last season).

Again, I would love to have Dez Bryant at #12, but I think not only may he be gone, but Miami may have more pressing issues to address at that selection.

Bryant will end up being our guy. Lets just pray that we fix the glaring holes in our defense as well.

on a side-note,I really cant see Miami not starting Vontae,or Sean,cause then that'll clog their progress after practically starting the whole season together.....cant see it...

on a side-note,I really cant see Miami not starting Vontae,or Sean,cause then that'll clog their progress after practically starting the whole season together.....cant see it...

I agree with your rationale, but for it to happen, one of two things must occur first: (1) Will Allen must not be totally healed from his injury last season, and as a result, his performance would suffer OR (2) Vontae puts in a ton of film study and technique-practice time during the offseason and shows the coaches that he has retained his big-play ability while cutting down the coverage lapses he had last season.

Back
Top Bottom