Dolphins’ Low-profile Pass Rush, Somewhat Surprisingly, Shows Some Potential | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Low-profile Pass Rush, Somewhat Surprisingly, Shows Some Potential

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"
Quietly, the Dolphins mounted a respectable pass rush against Atlanta.

It’s a significant development because after quarterback there’s no position so crucial and so doubted.

It also should be noted Miami’s pass rush had success with its starters, most notably Carradine but also defensive end Charles Harris, against the Falcons’ starters.

That’s unlike the headline-grabbing exploits of reserve quarterback Josh Rosen and reserve wide receiver Preston Williams, who did their thing against Atlanta’s reserves."

"
“I thought I was disruptive in the pass game,” Carradine said. “I thought all of us on the D-line were disruptive in the pass game.”

He’s right. Miami had 4.0 sacks and seven quarterback hits but the pass rushers got no love.

Perhaps that’s because the biggest damage was done by reserve pass rushers (3.0 sacks, six quarterback hits)."

https://theathletic.com/1132913/201...rprisingly-shows-some-potential/?redirected=1

Opening day is going to be an awful rude awakening for those who are wearing those rose colored glasses.

This defense looks extremely vulnerable to the QB run. Games against teams like the Ravens and the Bills could get ugly.

Opening day is going to be an awful rude awakening for those who are wearing those rose colored glasses.

This defense looks extremely vulnerable to the QB run. Games against teams like the Ravens and the Bills could get ugly.

I’m a lot more worried about the O-line than the defense at this point.

Remember when Robert Quinn had a great preseason for us last year? I have a hard time getting excited about the little bit of push we got from our starters last Thursday against the Falcons. I do think Carradine will be competent if he can stay healthy though. Hopefully Harris can give us the same.

"
Quietly, the Dolphins mounted a respectable pass rush against Atlanta.

It’s a significant development because after quarterback there’s no position so crucial and so doubted.

It also should be noted Miami’s pass rush had success with its starters, most notably Carradine but also defensive end Charles Harris, against the Falcons’ starters.

That’s unlike the headline-grabbing exploits of reserve quarterback Josh Rosen and reserve wide receiver Preston Williams, who did their thing against Atlanta’s reserves."

"
“I thought I was disruptive in the pass game,” Carradine said. “I thought all of us on the D-line were disruptive in the pass game.”

He’s right. Miami had 4.0 sacks and seven quarterback hits but the pass rushers got no love.

Perhaps that’s because the biggest damage was done by reserve pass rushers (3.0 sacks, six quarterback hits)."

https://theathletic.com/1132913/201...rprisingly-shows-some-potential/?redirected=1

The writer seems to say mutually exclusive things.
1) "Miami’s pass rush had success with its starters" but follows that with
2) "Miami had 4.0 sacks and seven quarterback hits . . . reserve pass rushers (3.0 sacks, six quarterback hits)"
So the starters had 1 sack and one QB hit. I realize the starters didn't play the entire game, but 1 sack, 1 hit?

So basically the coaches will not implement a "Game plan" against the Ravens and will probably have a LB or even a S spying on Jackson????

Did we watch the same game? Pretty horrific on those first 2 defensive series...

It’s. One. Game.

If there’s no pass rush after one month of the season, then it’s time to get concerned. Right now, it’s all about figuring out what we have and how best to use it. Even Doug Betters and Bill Stanfill needed time to grow.

Back
Top Bottom