Dolphins’ Low-profile Pass Rush, Somewhat Surprisingly, Shows Some Potential | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Low-profile Pass Rush, Somewhat Surprisingly, Shows Some Potential

We will start slow but I have a great feeling Flores will help the defense improve big time over the course of the year. It will be slow but after our bye I hope for great improvement. It takes a while to get this system in place

That’s not all that matters

Baltimore has owned Miami since the 1-15 season, we win that game, the whole narrative of this team changes from tanking to formidable in one afternoon.

Nobody knows how good/bad this team is going to be until they play week 1 of the regular season, despite what people say/predict.

Baltimore has owned Miami since the 1-15 season, we win that game, the whole narrative of this team changes from tanking to formidable in one afternoon.

Nobody knows how good/bad this team is going to be until they play week 1 of the regular season, despite what people say/predict.

I think we have a chance in this one for the following reasons even though I know history will be the biggest reason as to why many here will think we don't:
1. @ Miami at 1 PM in September might be the best home field advantage in the NFL.
2. Nobody has any clue what to expect from us, especially defensively.
3. The Belichick scheme, assuming that's what we are running, usually confuses the **** out of young QB's.
4. Although running QB's kill us, they NEVER killed the Patriots and we are running a similar scheme so I expect the same.
5. Flores will have the team keyed up and the stadium will be rocking for the opener of the Flores era.

I expect a hard fought game and a while a win would be surprising it wouldn't shock me. Our difference in opinion is afterwards. I in no way shape or form think a win over the Ravens in week 1 would set the tone for the season. I just think it would be one win due to some things in our favor on that day. My expectation for the season wouldn't change (4 to 7 win team).

I think we have a chance in this one for the following reasons even though I know history will be the biggest reason as to why many here will think we don't:
1. @ Miami at 1 PM in September might be the best home field advantage in the NFL.
2. Nobody has any clue what to expect from us, especially defensively.
3. The Belichick scheme, assuming that's what we are running, usually confuses the **** out of young QB's.
4. Although running QB's kill us, they NEVER killed the Patriots and we are running a similar scheme so I expect the same.
5. Flores will have the team keyed up and the stadium will be rocking for the opener of the Flores era.

I expect a hard fought game and a while a win would be surprising it wouldn't shock me. Our difference in opinion is afterwards. I in no way shape or form think a win over the Ravens in week 1 would set the tone for the season. I just think it would be one win due to some things in our favor on that day. My expectation for the season wouldn't change (4 to 7 win team).

I just hate the ratbirds and most of their fans, so beating them in week 1 would in a way would make the season for me personally as I know a lot of Baltimorons irl.

And I know they could win that game and regress soon after, but the way people are talking about the Dolphins is like we're intentionally trying to lose games, that all goes away IF we can beat the ratbirds week 1 so the narrative would change instantly.

I can't wait for the season to start, it might be crazy for me to believe but I think this team can win 8 games this year if luck is on our side, specifically injury luck which recently hasn't been kind.

I know many want to tank, but in ANY season where we're playing both Baltimore and Philthadelphia I just can't support that.

Last edited:
Flores knows precisely what he is doing re the D-line. While it would be great to have an elite pass rusher, we haven't got one (yet). However, I observed that the DTs (ie Wilkins, Godchaux and Taylor) were being disruptive up the middle and some of that provided opportunities for players like Harris to make a sack. Wilkins in particular looks powerful. Who knows, maybe Flores can coach Harris to become a good contributor?
Tank Carradine also appears to be a good low cost addition. On top of that, we might get something from Robert Nkemdiche, when he gets fully healthy. He's been given an opportunity and he either grasps it or gets cut.
The so-call football media experts on Rotoworld have written the Dolphins D-line off, but our players get the opportunity to show what they can do on the field.
I thought that the Miami D-line was best thing to come out of the game against the Bucs (and we're doing it at low cost). Next year we will have money and draft picks to improve it further.

I just hate the ratbirds and most of their fans, so beating them in week 1 would in a way would make the season for me personally as I know a lot of Baltimorons irl.

And I know they could win that game and regress soon after, but the way people are talking about the Dolphins is like we're intentionally trying to lose games, that all goes away IF we can beat the ratbirds week 1 so the narrative would change instantly.

I can't wait for the season to start, it might be crazy for me to believe but I think this team can win 8 games this year if luck is on our side, specifically injury luck which recently hasn't been kind.

I know many want to tank, but in ANY season where we're playing both Baltimore and Philthadelphia I just can't support that.

I want a high pick and franchise QB but unlike many on here I know my rooting interests have no affect on anything. I’ll root for the team to win and let the cards fall as they may. They’re going to fall that way no matter what I do. I’ll wait for the comical threads from the tank crew thanking the guys rooting for the team for the “ meaningless wins”. Like Finheaven posters are out there making plays destroying their tank strategy. It’s actually hilarious!

I want a high pick and franchise QB but unlike many on here I know my rooting interests have no affect on anything. I’ll root for the team to win and let the cards fall as they may. They’re going to fall that way no matter what I do. I’ll wait for the comical threads from the tank crew thanking the guys rooting for the team for the “ meaningless wins”. Like Finheaven posters are out there making plays destroying their tank strategy. It’s actually hilarious!

Exactly, who and what we cheer for has absolutely no effect on the game, so why not root for your team to win and show promise?

I get the tank strategy as well, but personally I just get too hi off of wins especially against quality opponents to realistically ever root against that, go Dolphins!

Last edited:
This is the best D I've seen in the last two years. I don't think their studs, but I think they will competent. It's going to take at least 8 games for them to really find their groove. I"ve seen more D this preseason than I've seen in the last 3 regular seasons combine.

This isn't a Matt Burke defense anymore. There are legitimate schemes at all levels to this defense that have at times, over the past 2 preseason games shown to be effective, in limited use. They've had Minkah Fitzpatrick playing MLB in a 5 and 6 DB package, you've seen 7 DB's on the field, 2 LB's rushing, 3 and 4 DLinemen, stunts and twist. LBs playing DT and stand up rushers from the DT spots. I think it's safe to say Flores will have this Defense prepared for the Ravens in week one. This ain't Matt Burke running things anymore. Miami has legit defensive coaches.

Back
Top Bottom