Dolphins Make Practice Squad Transactions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Make Practice Squad Transactions

How is this possible?

Roundtree spent the first eight weeks of the season on the practice squad before being activated to the 53-man roster on November 8. He was waived on November 19.
I thought we weren't allowed to release someone signed from the practice squad (i.e. Kendall Newson). Does anyone know how these two situations differ?

If you sign a player from another teams' P squad, you have to keep them on your roster for the rest of the season.

You can screw with the heads of your own p squad players as much as you want. :D

Ours. It doesn't apply to him.

I think another team was going to sign him off OUR p-squad which forced us to sign him or lose him. That's why people are getting confused about his status.

We can put him back on the p-squad with the knowledge that that other team may try and sign him again but, at this point, do we care?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Ours. It doesn't apply to him.

I think another team was going to sign him off OUR p-squad which forced us to sign him or lose him. That's why people are getting confused about his status.

We can put him back on the p-squad with the knowledge that that other team may try and sign him again but, at this point, do we care?

And after seeing play does anyone want him anymore ?

If you sign a player from another teams' P squad, you have to keep them on your roster for the rest of the season.

You can screw with the heads of your own p squad players as much as you want. :D

The rule is about another team signing P.S. players but at most you just have to pay them and keep them on the 53 man roster for three games.

From the CBA
Section 2. Signing With Other Clubs: Any player under contract to a Club as a practice squad player shall be completely free to negotiate and sign a Player Contract with any Club at any time during the League Year, to serve as a player on any Club’s Active or Inactive List, and any Club is completely free to negotiate and sign such a Player Contract with such player, without penalty or restriction,

* If a player on the Practice Squad of one club (Club A) signs an NFL Player Contract with another club (Club B),

Page 165

(1) the player shall receive three weeks salary of his NFL Player Contract at the 53-player Active/Inactive List minimum even if he is terminated by Club B prior to earning that amount, and (2) Club B is required to count the player on its 53-player Active/Inactive List for three games (a bye week counts as a game) even if he is terminated or assigned via waivers to another club or is signed as a free agent to another club’s 53-player roster or another club’s Practice Squad prior to that time.

Thanks Merman:whew:......I thought it was the rest of the season.....I thought wrong. :(

Thanks Merman:whew:......I thought it was the rest of the season.....I thought wrong. :(

No problem inFINSible. The CBA is a complicated document written in legalese and I have made my share of mistakes about it. :lol:

Originally posted by Merman

No problem inFINSible. The CBA is a complicated document written in legalese and I have made my share of mistakes about it. :lol:

Ummm, maybe if I had actually read it......:o

Back
Top Bottom