Dolphins may select Edwards at 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins may select Edwards at 2

He is the consensus BPA... I wouldn't be devestated if we drafted him.

Edwards, if availabe at #2, is the best player available. He's the safest pick. You hate to waste the #2 pick on a risky player. Edwards has dropped some easy passes, but he's also dominated in big games. I think he's going to be at least a solid pro, with a chance to be great. Linehan's offense uses a lot of 3-WR sets, and he'd be a HUGE upgrade over Derrisu Thompson. If we can't trade down, Edwards should be our pick.

Its the smartest pick we could make IMO. Make Minny sweat and feel the pain and know you have a probowler at the same time.

I wouldn't have a problem with Edwards at #2. I'd just be mad we couldn't trade down.

I am hardly convinced Edwards is BPA. He is a risky player, and I'm frankly pretty darned risk averse with an investment this big. That sort of calculation is precisely why I firmly believe in Brown over Edwards and Rodgers. Brown is a sure thing, and I see considerable risk with the other two. Risk is absolutely a factor you have to consider in BPA analysis. If Saban isn't as adverse to risk as I am, he should pick the one player who scores highest considering his acceptable level of risk.

That said, I'm fine with a selection and a trade (perhaps auction-style) a la Eli Manning last year if the team is confident they can move the guy that way.

Not only does Drafting Edwards make Minnesota jumpy it also paves the way to releasing Derrius Thompson......which clears cap space to keep Surtain......which makes KC squirm.
:evil:

I had us taking Edwards in my "mock" a few days ago. It is debatable as to whether he is the best player available, but he probably is. As much as I really like the two Auburn backs, I would like us to take something other than a RB at the #2 slot.

Even if we do, we still have a good shot at a RB near the top of round 3.

I wish we could get a 2nd from KC for Surtain. We'd have a shot at JJ Arrington who would fit our system very well, imo.

inFINSible said:
Not only does Drafting Edwards make Minnesota jumpy it also paves the way to releasing Derrius Thompson......which clears cap space to keep Surtain......which makes KC squirm.
:evil:

Yes ... I'm all for getting rid of slow receivers.

Da 'Fins said:
I had us taking Edwards in my "mock" a few days ago. It is debatable as to whether he is the best player available, but he probably is. As much as I really like the two Auburn backs, I would like us to take something other than a RB at the #2 slot.

I wish we could get a 2nd from KC for Surtain. We'd have a shot at JJ Arrington who would fit our system very well, imo.
I think Fason would be a much better fit for a single back offense.

He is rated as the second best receivng RB as well.

Guys,

Saban is a genius. He had done his homework and knows several teams (most obviously Minn) are chomping at the bit for Braylon. This statement from Fins Headquarters comes out a few days prior to the draft, I mean seriously, he is a genius. :D

Buddwalk said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11447558.htm

pretty interesting article...Im not really a fan i've seen him drop way to many gimmies in college and thats not what i like for the nfl!

I've been saying this for a while now. Smith goes first and we draft Edwards if we can't trade down. The only thing that could possibly happen is some team jumping up to get Edwards at #1 then we'll probably go QB and draft Alex Smith.

There are virtually no "sure" bets in this draft but I think that Edwards will be the best player when all is said and done.

Da 'Fins said:

I'm trying to figure out why some of you believe taking a running back with the second pick is such a bad thing but are perfectly content with taking a wide receiver with the second pick.

Logic does not fit that opinion. A wide receiver doesn't and never will affect the game the way a running back does. Plus, wide receivers almost never make the immediate impact that running backs make.

KB21 said:
I'm trying to figure out why some of you believe taking a running back with the second pick is such a bad thing but are perfectly content with taking a wide receiver with the second pick.

Logic does not fit that opinion. A wide receiver doesn't and never will affect the game the way a running back does. Plus, wide receivers almost never make the immediate impact that running backs make.
Couldn't agree more

Back
Top Bottom