Dolphins Meet With Drew Lock At Senior Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Meet With Drew Lock At Senior Bowl

He's VERY similar to Patrick Mahomes out of college. He could be Mahomes or he could be Jay Cutler. He has a huge upside, but he's definitely a project. He has the ideal size. The best arm and release. Good pocket awareness and movement. He has a gun slinger mentality and all that it entails like struggles with touch passes and decision making. His deep ball is very inconsistent. He struggled against good competition, but that's probably because he was facing elite competition in the SEC. I would be happy if we drafted him.

With that said, it's hard seeing him fall to us.

I expect Miami to meet with all the top quarterbacks. Lock is certainly interesting. May have the best arm talent in the draft. I've seen some comparisons to Jay Cutler and some to Carson Wentz. Like most young quarterbacks, his success will depend a lot on the coaching staff and the talent around him.

He's VERY similar to Patrick Mahomes out of college. He could be Mahomes or he could be Jay Cutler. He has a huge upside, but he's definitely a project. He has the ideal size. The best arm and release. Good pocket awareness and movement. He has a gun slinger mentality and all that it entails like struggles with touch passes and decision making. His deep ball is very inconsistent. He struggled against good competition, but that's probably because he was facing elite competition in the SEC. I would be happy if we drafted him.

With that said, it's hard seeing him fall to us.
I think he'll go higher than expected. I have mixed feeling about him, but the talent is certainly there. If he lands with a good coach like Mahomes did with Reid, he could be a good one.

Can he move around like Mahomes? I really think the guys that can bounce out of the pocket and make plays are the guys to take shots on. Is this kid able to do that?

His golden arm is because it is accurate and strong.

Do me a favor and post a highlight video for each of the players you posted and post Lock's. If you cant see how he is hands down a better pure passer than they are then you wont ever know a quality QB when you see one.

Jamarcus Russell was always a scrub that the scouts fell in love with because of how strong his arm was and his physical prowess... None of these guys hold a candle to Lock as a passer.

And I said this draft class... Anyone who thinks Haskins is better than this guy is delusional. Kyler Murray is a better athlete but not more accurate.

It is cool... You people are all the same. You fall in love with the pundits picks and just regurgitate whatever they believe. If you cant see how this guy would be incredible in aqua and orange then I dont think you can rightfully admire good QB play.

Reminds me a lot cutler coming out of college. The arm and his attitude. Congrats you hitched your wagon to smoking jay part Deux. Not terrible but I will pass.

Reminds me a lot cutler coming out of college. The arm and his attitude. Congrats you hitched your wagon to smoking jay part Deux. Not terrible but I will pass.

Funny how you made reference to Jay Cutler like everyone else did... I wonder what sports pundit said that that now you all want to say it.

What makes this guy like Cutler? Do you not see his passion for the game? When thw **** have you ever seen Jay Cutler scramble like that and hit throws like that?

Stop giving me old news... If you want to convince me the kid isnt as good as advertised... Fine... But dont do it with BS like that.

I guess everyone knew Tom Brady was going to go to 9 superbowls right out of highschool.

Funny how you made reference to Jay Cutler like everyone else did... I wonder what sports pundit said that that now you all want to say it.

What makes this guy like Cutler? Do you not see his passion for the game? When thw **** have you ever seen Jay Cutler scramble like that and hit throws like that?

Stop giving me old news... If you want to convince the kid isnt as good as advertised... Fine... But dont do it with BS like that.

I don't know the kid personally but when I watch him which I have quite a few times I don't see the "passion for the game" like you do. Quite the opposite. It's looks like he could give two shits about being out there. Great arm but I get that vibe from him. To each their own though. Might want to chill out though man. We got 4 months to go until the draft. You are spitting off some serious hot takes in here already. But carry on calling everyone idiots because they don't agree with your drew lock assessment.

The Dolphins have met with Drew Lock. Dan Marino was among the entourage who met with him.

Wow!! could this team FINALLY target the right qb? What more can you say about luck. He has all the tools and knows how to use them. Also has the intangibles. I can see marino loving this kid as they have a lot of the same traights. Any of locks ragged edges can be fixed by pro training and surrounded by a better cast around him than his college team had. Intantativaly assuming an o-line will finally be built in miami.

All in all lock is a great talent that we havnt had here since marino. Doubt he gets to us as his stock will rise considerably before draft day (as it should).

I have said this many times before but I would have no hesitation in drafting Lock at 13, I wouldn't pass on Murray or Haskins however to draft him, nor would I be aggressive and move up. I can see this kid however being elevated during the process, when it's all done he could very well be the first QB off the board, which would be over drafting but he's got a lot going for him. One of the all time best passer stats in SEC history, better than Manning (the good one and little brother), an absolute cannon of an arm, prototypical frame, can hurt you with his legs and above all else he's going to check all the boxes for character. Where the main question will be is his desire to be a great in this league, it's his biggest knock as I see it, that'll perhaps come out through the interview process.
I watched pretty much all of his games after first piquing my interest when he tore my gators apart (Florida were a top 10 team last year so the kid did beat good opposition), everytime I saw him he just impressed me, never disappointing, I was looking for these negatives I had heard on accuracy and feet but I just couldn't see them, all I saw was a very good QB lighting up the scoreboard.
I doubt we draft him at 13 though, for two reasons one, he'll be gone, Denver, JAX or NYG (one of these will take him) and the other reason is I think we are aiming for 2020 to draft a QB and we won't draft one even if a good one like Lock, Murray or Haskins drops to us, I don't think that's the right tactic but I think it's pretty clear fthey are trying to tank 2019 in the hope to draft Tua or Herbert.

I'm not a buyer.

I'm seeing a lot or wide open receivers coupled with some bad habits (back peddle throws, bad mechanics, etc).

He did not elevate Mizzou during his time. A lot of hype but no real results. Especially against elite talent.

Give me a break blaming his unferior team and talent. Because that is precisely the conditions you want to see. You want to see a QB elevate his team against elite talent. Those are the intangible results you hope for as a scout. You need that proof he rises to the occasion.

Not seeing it is not a chance to blame his team, it is probably one of the sibgle biggest indicators of elite talent you can hope to see.

If you need great talent to be great, you're not great.

It isn't there. I'm seeing more examples if what we've already see fail in the NFL. Just in a new package. Pass

Wow!! could this team FINALLY target the right qb? What more can you say about luck. He has all the tools and knows how to use them. Also has the intangibles.

Hate to break it to you dude but they met with Lock not Luck. Easy mistake to make, I too would be excited about the prospect of Luck.

People blaming his surrounding talent are funny. Emanuel Hall is one of the best WR's in the class, and he has a legit shot to be drafted in the Top 50.

People blaming his surrounding talent are funny. Emanuel Hall is one of the best WR's in the class, and he has a legit shot to be drafted in the Top 50.

The only thing I'll say about his supporting talent is that at times the OL was insanely overmatched. With Derek Dooley as the new OC they started to go away from the schemes that his some of those deficiencies.

That being said, I'm hesitant to give support for Lock. Not because he fell apart against too SEC schools though (despite lackluster stats I thought he handled the pressure of Georgia and Bama well... at times) I just dont trust Mizzou offensive players (ironically we got the one awful Mizzou pass rusher)

I do want to add though that Elway and the Broncos are supposedly in love with Lock

Back
Top Bottom