Dolphins meeting with prospects! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meeting with prospects!

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
So far I have seen Landry Jones and Kenjon Barner!
If you guys know anyone else post them on here!

Barner and Miller would be an interesting 1-2 backfield. Jones....he's a career backup in my mind. Of course the team is going to do all the due diligence required, not only so they don't miss out on players but to shadow their focus from other teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
could the fins meeting with qbs be an indication that they'll be rolling w/ pat devlin as backup next year?

Barner and Miller would be an interesting 1-2 backfield. Jones....he's a career backup in my mind. Of course the team is going to do all the due diligence required, not only so they don't miss out on players but to shadow their focus from other teams.
We should just go out and get the Oregon playmakers, Barner and Wheaton. Also, Kyle Long for LG.

They will probably speak to a hundred players, having a meaning with any specific one means little

Tyrann Mathieu

Tyrann Mathieu
http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/22/3193921/tyrann-mathieu-seeks-a-chance.html
At the very least, the Dolphins are intrigued by his potential. Team scouts had casual conversations with Mathieu prior to this week, and the organization had a meeting planned with him Monday evening.

If Mathieu can stay clean, there’s plenty to like. He was college football’s defensive player of the year and a Heisman Trophy finalist his sophomore season. Although just 5-9, Mathieu created 14 turnovers in just 26 games with the Tigers. He also averaged 15.6 yards per punt return, bringing two back for touchdowns.

He probably projects as a nickel corner in the NFL, and the Dolphins might be a good fit. They allowed 248 passing yards per game last year and forced just 16 turnovers, fewest in franchise history.

“I’m a Dolphin fan; they need some excitement,” Lawlor said. “He is a kid who will bring total excitement, not only to the team, but to the fan base.”

“I’m a Dolphin fan; they need some excitement,” Lawlor said. “He is a kid who will bring total excitement, not only to the team, but to the fan base.”
And the local police.

i like mathieu as a nickle corner personally...miamis just doing homewwork there most likely...althougn don't blow off who they meet with as means nothing stuff cause ireland rarely drafts a guy he hasn't spent time with...or the organization hasn't...so who miami meets with and invites to the facility and the college day where like 25 prospects can visit or whatever # it is matters

althougn don't blow off who they meet with as means nothing stuff cause ireland rarely drafts a guy he hasn't spent time with...or the organization hasn't...so who miami meets with and invites to the facility and the college day where like 25 prospects can visit or whatever # it is matters

This is the point. It isn't so much about who they talk to as who they don't, because if you haven't met them you're not getting drafted by them.

Back
Top Bottom