Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen

Accuracy issues are real with Allen, How do u completely miss the whole freakin net lmao.

Mayfield's hands came in at 9 1/2 so his height isn't an issue...Overall, I like him more as a player...his constant fight to make teams and prove himself, reports that his teammates love him. He wins and wins a lot.

the guy has been 56% for the last two years. there is no excuse especially in that offense against the talent he plays. now don't get me wrong he has the prototypical size, athleticism, and a huge arm but man 56% scares the hell out of me.

Remeber that guy who was drafted in 2012 that has a completion rate of 72% in college? His name was R2D2 or something....well it turned out he sucked in the NFL.

The main reason I'm comfortable with Josh Allen is that there is no pressure for him to start in 2018 or even 2019. This guy can learn from Tannehill and Gase and develop the right way. There's also a risk that Tannehill doesn't return to form, and even if he does return to form, he still has a ways to go to be a top QB in this league. I like Tannehill, but I suspect the Pats also liked Brady when they drafted Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett, Ryan Mallet, and Kevin O'Connell.

Agree here. You can't pass on franchise type QB.
The staff will know if the pick has it by preseason. If so you can get a definite Rd2 or even a future RD1 for RT17.

The main reason I'm comfortable with Josh Allen is that there is no pressure for him to start in 2018 or even 2019. This guy can learn from Tannehill and Gase and develop the right way. There's also a risk that Tannehill doesn't return to form, and even if he does return to form, he still has a ways to go to be a top QB in this league. I like Tannehill, but I suspect the Pats also liked Brady when they drafted Jimmy Garoppolo, Jacoby Brissett, Ryan Mallet, and Kevin O'Connell.
Are you assuming the Dolphins can get Allen in the 2nd or 3rd round? That's what the Patriots did with the QBs you mentioned. BTW, all but one of them suck and none of them helped the Patriots win. Mallet and O'Connell sucked. Brissett was traded for Phillip Dorsett (who had 4 catches for the Pats). Jimmy G. Resulted in a swap of 2nd round picks 4 years apart, hardly a good deal.

He won't be there.

But others will. What is priority? Protecting your QB or Defense.

With the 11th fewest sacks allowed despite a statue at QB, I'm going defense. Unless a top tier QB falls, in which case the decision becomes more difficult.

IDK Hoops, accuracy and feet look like a night and day difference between him and Baker Mayfield in this clip.

Looks to me like he’s trying to throw to that high upper hand corner one and just misses.

I did see some errant throws in team yesterday from allen but I bet teams think they can fix his foot work and dial that in.

Mayfield does have better feet no doubt about that.

But I also saw a rep in team with mayfield where he stepped up inside only had a dt to outflank horizontally couldn’t do it and threw the ball into the stands.

A 320 lb dt kept mayfield contained from outflanking the edge. That’s a bit of an eye opener vs nfl speed

The team is nuts if they don't draft quality insurance for Tannehill. If RT is healthy, and I totally believe he will be, then groom a big arm behind Ryan, let Gase work with the kid. I think it sets us back if we don't draft a QB. If we lose Landry the fan base is going to be really down about it. We better draft a future star QB to change the narrative.

Yes, because we're clearly so successful already.

What will it prevent us from drafting? Another Dion Jordan?

I don't understand all of the hate on Josh Allen.

Its the death throws of resistance. Its like when you catch a fish. The hook is set and the fish knows what's coming, so it runs, it writhes, it jumps, it dives.....it does anything it can to shake that hook.

People fall in love with the idea of drafting certain players or positions, and when it becomes apparent that the team is looking in a direction they dont want, they will trash those other players, still clinging to the hope that their special player will be drafted by the team.

It's really not Josh Allen that they hate, its the IDEA of Josh Allen and the realization that their own special player may not be chosen.

Looks to me like he’s trying to throw to that high upper hand corner one and just misses.

I did see some errant throws in team yesterday from allen but I bet teams think they can fix his foot work and dial that in.

Mayfield does have better feet no doubt about that.

But I also saw a rep in team with mayfield where he stepped up inside only had a dt to outflank horizontally couldn’t do it and threw the ball into the stands.

A 320 lb dt kept mayfield contained from outflanking the edge. That’s a bit of an eye opener vs nfl speed

Saw that a couple of times in the Georgia game, too.

I don't think size is going to be what causes a potential Mayfield slide... I think it's going to be limited athleticism. Call me crazy.

Its a bit annoying when people compare Mayfield to Russell Wilson. Wilson is MUCH more athletic and has better acceleration than Mayfield does. Mayfield can scramble a bit, throws from good platforms and makes plays but there is no chance he is in the same category as Russell Wilson. If he was 2 inches taller there would be zero comparison's to Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom