Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins meeting with Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen

Smells to me like Tannebaum is scurrying to give himself a lifeline in case the ship goes down. Win-win for him. If Tannehill/Gase fails and Allen looks good he can say: told you we should have drafted him. And if Tannehill/Gase succeeds he won't be fired because winning teams don't fire people.

Bottom line is it looks like there might be some fissures in the "all on the same page" crew.

I smell something too but it has more of a garbage stench to it. sniff, sniff, oh my bad it's your post.

It wouldn't surprise me if Miami is looking hard at Allen and strongly considering him if he's available when we're on the board.

However, one thing to remember with the players we interview... we sometimes don't interview the guys we have targeted. It's smokescreen season.

But I thought Gase came here specifically because of Tannehill? Can't be true if he's contemplating drafting a QB in the first can it?
They are interviewing draft picks that might be available where they pick. They might even be trying to set a smokescreen to teams looking to trade up for a QB. And we do need a QB, at minimum a back up or a QB to develop. Can't have nobody behind him again that you can't trust. Are these more plausible than your silly agenda to bad mouth Tannehill or any coach that followed Philbin? I don't think there are any fans who do not see us drafting a QB this year. Difference is where they would like one to be drafted. If they absolutely love a QB prospect at 11, draft one. Nothing wrong with having 2 good QB's. I honestly do not know why you try so hard to stir the pot with your constant narrative. Can't be true Tannehill is the guy if we draft one in the first round? BPA works for me...for you its always wishful thinking that it spells doom for RT or Gase.

But I thought Gase came here specifically because of Tannehill? Which can't be true if he's contemplating drafting a QB in the first can it?

Your right, it's not true. Ryan is the franchise. Thanks for clearing it up.

I was worried everything I read this time of year pertaining to the draft was true.

He has potential, a Carson Wentz type. But he will need a full year to sit back and watch. It also matters who is teaching the kid on our team. Gase appears to be good at this.

These threads always suck because you can't even have a discussion of Josh Allen or Miami's potential draft strategy because people just have to launch into their 'Ryan Tannehill kicked my dog' crusade again and again, and of course people are going to jump on that in return.

Josh Allen has got to be probably the most polarizing player in this draft class for the simple fact that some people look at him and see Carson Wentz, and some people look at him and see Paxton Lynch or Christian Hackenberg. And for the life of me, I can't figure out which one he's going to be. Well, he won't be as bad as Hackenberg, but I think he's got tremendous chances of getting a lot of people fired in two years.

One thing that struck me the wrong way about Allen was his recent comments about how he had to put his team on his back this season, and stuff like that. I don't know, I'm really concerned about what that kid has between the ears. He strikes me as a player who won't get past the Broncos, and that's probably the most damning indictment you could make of him. John Elway is a ****ing dumbass when it comes to picking quarterbacks.

I think his college production is an important factor...I saw a tweet (I can't find it) but he was between 6th and 8th in his conference in most passing statistics. While stats don't tell the whole story and the dude can sling it, but so could Jeff George.

He fits the height requirement...

Idk why but your post made me think of this meme.

55388d972c56971e2b23e57349f83544.jpg

These threads always suck because you can't even have a discussion of Josh Allen or Miami's potential draft strategy because people just have to launch into their 'Ryan Tannehill kicked my dog' crusade again and again, and of course people are going to jump on that in return.

Nobody said anything negative about Tannehill in this thread. So far.

I will say that even Tannehill is not so naive that it would be like water off a ducks back if we drafted a QB in the first. Going to be huge news and talked about all offseason if we do that.

We're going to talk to a lot of players and we'll bring many players into Miami too but we can't draft them all. I really don't think we're going to draft a QB in the first round which means we're not drafting Allen. I can see us drafting one in the 3rd round tho. I'm pretty sure we're going defense at 11

Ozzy rules!!

Again, some people just don't want to talk about Josh Allen. Sad!

We're going to talk to a lot of players and we'll bring many players into Miami too but we can't draft them all. I really don't think we're going to draft a QB in the first round which means we're not drafting Allen. I can see us drafting one in the 3rd round tho. I'm pretty sure we're going defense at 11

Ozzy rules!!

I would love for us to go defense at 11, especially if there is a run on quarterbacks, as it means a top player will fall to us. But the team is smart to do its due diligence on players at all positions.

Back
Top Bottom