Dolphins might trade down, but for later picks. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins might trade down, but for later picks.

PeterJNO

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted!
The Dolphins already have turned their attention to the April draft that will offer them three basic courses of action. The team could fill its need at running back, with some NFL people believing Miami would use its second overall pick on Auburn's Ronnie Brown. The team could fill its need for a future quarterback, with Alex Smith being the likely leftover choice because San Francisco seems focused on picking California's Aaron Rodgers. Or the pick-starved Dolphins could try to trade down in exchange for extra picks because they need help in a number of areas. "We haven't really had any discussions with anybody about that," coach Nick Saban said of the trade scenario. "I think that's probably a little premature at this point.
-- Miami Herald

Source: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/03/25/truth.rumors.nfl/

Dolphins might trade down, but for later picks
That is usually the kind of picks you would get if you trade down. If we trade down with say Arizona, that Cardinals 7th pick is a later pick.

I thought we might trade down to the #1 overall...:rolleyes:

Explain, the #2 for a crap load of 6th rounders? What do you mean by late rounds?

That makes no sense..

"The Miami Dolphins have traded the #2 overall for three 6th rounders and a conditional 7th rounder."

Says Saban about the deal, "We wanted more picks and we got that."

I think he meant what I've been thinking for two weeks. Everyone is focused on the activity with the second overall pick.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see us take the second overall and then start trading in the third round just to get more early picks in the second day.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we finish the day with eight total picks out of the 4 or 5 that we started with.

If we dont pick until the 3rd, I'll hate Saban! I'm sick of waiting 10 hours before our first pick.

What the hell is this about three 6th rounders and a conditional 7th rounder?? Who the hell would have 3 6th rounders unless it's over the next 3 years. Something ain't right. For some Dolphin news... this sounds "Fishy". :rolleyes:

ih8brady said:
If we dont pick until the 3rd, I'll hate Saban! I'm sick of waiting 10 hours before our first pick.

I don't think there is anyway possible to trade down from the #2 and have our first pick in the 3rd.

Where does it say anything about 6th or 7th round picks???

What???? Is it Saban's Fault that we traded away our 2nd? Do you want him to throw away the 2nd pick for a bunch of 4 or 5th round picks? If there is a deal that benefits the Dolphins, then and only then does Saban trade down. "Hate Saban"....

Back
Top Bottom