Dolphins Mock [Very Possible] | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Mock [Very Possible]

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We trade Surtain for a 2nd and 5th this year

1. Ronnie Brown RB - We all know that after his amazing combine and proday...that he was the guy

2. David Bass G/C - I'd say wilkerson in the 4th...but with bass actually on the board here i dont know how we pass him up

3. Jerome Mathis WR - 2nd fastest player in this draft...and is amazing at everything and is the best sleeper

4. Michael Munoz T - once said to go in the 1st but now hes been lost in the mix with his durability...will be a steal in the 4th and could be our LT

5. Andrew Walter QB - Has all the tools needed to be a qb and would of been a first round pick if it werent for an injury that put him on the sideline, most compares to drew bledsoe

5. Kerry Rhodes FS - 6''2 safty from louisville who is a serious sleeper not getting consideration...punished miami college earliar in the season with over 10 tackles and an int i think

7. Tyler Jones K - 2nd best kicker in the draft and nugent aint that much better than him

Opinions...personally i think its very possible and i'd love if it turned out this way

I like it. Im not a big Munoz fan, but if he gets healthy and with Houck working with him he could work out. If Shazor is gone in the 2nd (which he probably would be) then I like Baas, even if he is from Michigan.

Buddwalk said:

1. Ronnie Brown RB - We all know that after his amazing combine and proday...that he was the guy

2. David Bass G/C - I'd say wilkerson in the 4th...but with bass actually on the board here i dont know how we pass him up

3. Jerome Mathis WR - 2nd fastest player in this draft...and is amazing at everything and is the best sleeper

4. Michael Munoz T - once said to go in the 1st but now hes been lost in the mix with his durability...will be a steal in the 4th and could be our LT

5. Andrew Walter QB - Has all the tools needed to be a qb and would of been a first round pick if it werent for an injury that put him on the sideline, most compares to drew bledsoe

5. Kerry Rhodes FS - 6''2 safty from louisville who is a serious sleeper not getting consideration...punished miami college earliar in the season with over 10 tackles and an int i think

7. Tyler Jones K - 2nd best kicker in the draft and nugent aint that much better than him

Opinions...personally i think its very possible and i'd love if it turned out this way
I understand that the 2nd round pick would be for Surtain, but where did we get the extra 5th rounder?

Buddwalk said:

Mare is a good kicker and he is still young i doubt we draft a kicker. now Turk is getting old i could see us getting a Punter in the draft.

Nublar7 said:
I understand that the 2nd round pick would be for Surtain, but where did we get the extra 5th rounder?

it says at the top 2nd AND 5TH for surtain.

DonShula84 said:
I like it. Im not a big Munoz fan, but if he gets healthy and with Houck working with him he could work out. If Shazor is gone in the 2nd (which he probably would be) then I like Baas, even if he is from Michigan.
I agree with you, except I like Munoz in the 4th. He is suposed to be very findamentaly sound as a blocker. If he could become a started in 3 years I say go for it. Maybe Chris Myers from Miami will be available there. He is very versatile having played every position, but I am a UM fan and a little bias.

I kind of like this approach:

Trade the #2 to Minnesota for their 2 first round picks (#7 and #18). At #7, we take the BPA(hopefully one of the backs, say Benson, falls here). We may even have a shot(a good one) at Barron, Merriman or even DJ whom everyone is saying is on the slide.

Next, we take the #18 and we trade down a few spots to a team that really would like to move up(let's say Green Bay or Philly). We take their lower 1st rounder, but we pick up their second rounder as well. With the low 1st rounder we take David Baas, to solidify our interior Oline(unless another player has really taken a fall, and we can't pass him up). With the second round pick, we look at BPA, with a little emphasis on Safety. Hopefully Shazor or Nicholson are available.

If we could trade Surtain for a mid-to-late 2nd rounder, that would be gravy. In this scenario, we would hopefully pick up Benson, Baas, and a Safety. The Surtain pick could be used for anything. We may even take a shot at Frye with our late 1st, and hope Baas or E. Brown would still be on the board in the second(unlikely, though). Any thoughts.

Nublar7 said:
:smackhead: I missed that.

Anyways, I doubt we get anything more then just one 2nd rounder for Surtain.

haha niice...Nah be pat surtain/zgonia maybe for a 2nd and 5th would be nice

then we take my draft

Buddwalk said:

I like everything except the #3 pick. I believe that will be reserved for David Greene.

arge said:
I kind of like this approach:

Trade the #2 to Minnesota for their 2 first round picks (#7 and #18). At #7, we take the BPA(hopefully one of the backs, say Benson, falls here). We may even have a shot(a good one) at Barron, Merriman or even DJ whom everyone is saying is on the slide.

Next, we take the #18 and we trade down a few spots to a team that really would like to move up(let's say Green Bay or Philly). We take their lower 1st rounder, but we pick up their second rounder as well. With the low 1st rounder we take David Baas, to solidify our interior Oline(unless another player has really taken a fall, and we can't pass him up). With the second round pick, we look at BPA, with a little emphasis on Safety. Hopefully Shazor or Nicholson are available.

If we could trade Surtain for a mid-to-late 2nd rounder, that would be gravy. In this scenario, we would hopefully pick up Benson, Baas, and a Safety. The Surtain pick could be used for anything. We may even take a shot at Frye with our late 1st, and hope Baas or E. Brown would still be on the board in the second(unlikely, though). Any thoughts.

This trade wouldnt even happen in madden...pshh!

Honestly, im beginning to lose all hope in the surtain trade. (i can't believe im looking at this as a bad thing but i am) keeping him is becoming more and more likely everyday. You guys are out of your minds if you think a team (anyteam) is willing to give this guy the money hes asking for AND a 2nd rounder. They might as well have put out all that money for a FA then.

If Munoz is even 3/4 as good as his Father... I'de take him with the #2 overall pick.

Saban4prez said:
Honestly, im beginning to lose all hope in the surtain trade. (i can't believe im looking at this as a bad thing but i am) keeping him is becoming more and more likely everyday. You guys are out of your minds if you think a team (anyteam) is willing to give this guy the money hes asking for AND a 2nd rounder. They might as well have put out all that money for a FA then.

I believe Surtain will be traded after the draft... a team won't be happy with what they got from the draft and pony up an 06 pick for him...

evrything will fall into place sooner or later.

Back
Top Bottom