Dolphins most interesting F/A pickup so far is | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins most interesting F/A pickup so far is

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Shirdonya Mitchell. Pound for pound...if this kid didn't get hurt on March 5 during his pro-day...Saban may have not had the chance to acquire him...at least so cheaply. Former wide receiver turned Corner also does Kickoff returns averaging 24.1 yds per return for the last two years in a row. This kid is raw but fast...he ran a 4.32 and a 4.38 at his pro-day, turned a 3.96 short shuttle and did 17 reps at 225. Last season in 11 games he had 4 INT's, deflected 6 passes, forced a fumble, 39 solo tackles, 3 behind the line of scrimmage. And he's just learning the position. Coming out of high school he was an all texas class 5A pick...with 64 reps for 1,094 yds and also had 307 yds on the ground

To give you an example....Pac Man averaged 23.2 yds per return.

He'll be lost for this season....but with this kid and the Dolphins, time is on there side. He could a gem on both offense and defense...and a plus on special teams as a returner. A very interesting F/A pickup indeed!! GO PHINS!

fishypete said:
Shirdonya Mitchell. Pound for pound...if this kid didn't get hurt on March 5 during his pro-day...Saban may have not had the chance to acquire him...at least so cheaply. Former wide receiver turned Corner also does Kickoff returns averaging 24.1 yds per return for the last two years in a row. This kid is raw but fast...he ran a 4.32 and a 4.38 at his pro-day, turned a 3.96 short shuttle and did 17 reps at 225. Last season in 11 games he had 4 INT's, deflected 6 passes, forced a fumble, 39 solo tackles, 3 behind the line of scrimmage. And he's just learning the position. Coming out of high school he was an all texas class 5A pick...with 64 reps for 1,094 yds and also had 307 yds on the ground

To give you an example....Pac Man averaged 23.2 yds per return.

He'll be lost for this season....but with this kid and the Dolphins, time is on there side. He could a gem on both offense and defense...and a plus on special teams as a returner. A very interesting F/A pickup indeed!! GO PHINS!

His injury knocks him out for the entire year? You sure about that?

wrong...most interest udfa pickup so far definitely has to be

sorry but Brock Berlin i think the guys gonna end up making the roster and saban really wants to develop a guy...the guy has the tools with an above average throwing arm and above average accuracy right now but he makes poor decisions...he needs to work on that and maybe in 2 years we could have a qb on our hands...or maybe in 2 monthes this guy will be cut so you never know

I think KJ Harris will make this team and might even see 5 to 10 carries a game if Ricky Doesn't come back.

Buddwalk said:

sorry but Brock Berlin i think the guys gonna end up making the roster and saban really wants to develop a guy...the guy has the tools with an above average throwing arm and above average accuracy right now but he makes poor decisions...he needs to work on that and maybe in 2 years we could have a qb on our hands...or maybe in 2 monthes this guy will be cut so you never know

I'd be surprised if he makes the team. Sage has a better arm than he does.

fishypete said:
Acl tear.

I think we just found a gold mine of talent... I just hope it doesn't set him become on his development. He'll be Mel Phillips project for a couple years...

Jaj said:
I think we just found a gold mine of talent... I just hope it doesn't set him become on his development. He'll be Mel Phillips project for a couple years...

Kinda like a troy Brown....receiver/corner type. All he needs is some teaching and time. From what I can find...this is his first major injury...and on pro-day no less...geez.

Buddwalk said:

i'm a huge cane fan but i hope your city has an afl team

Buddwalk said:

Sorry dude, Brock sux. He is horrible he was a great HS QB, who couldnt even make the transition to college, let alone making it to the NFL. He was one of the most horrible QB's I have seen play at a big school, it surprised me every game when UM still had him starting.

fishypete said:
Kinda like a troy Brown....receiver/corner type. All he needs is some teaching and time. From what I can find...this is his first major injury...and on pro-day no less...geez.

No but this kid has GREAT talent. That's good size for a corner, he smooth hips, blazing speed. He also shows aggresiveness and CB instincts. He just is raw on technique. Hopefully he can be worked with on the practice squad.

Will his ACL injury keep him out all year and is it serious?

Jaj said:
No but this kid has GREAT talent. That's good size for a corner, he smooth hips, blazing speed. He also shows aggresiveness and CB instincts. He just is raw on technique. Hopefully he can be worked with on the practice squad.

Will his ACL injury keep him out all year and is it serious?

At first they thought it was just sprained knee...afterwards he had a MRI and it revealed a torn ACL...most likely will be placed on the PUP list....but like I said that just gives him time to be taught up...I don't see him as a needed player this year anyway. Saban is looking to the future with him.

knight6jb said:
Sorry dude, Brock sux. He is horrible he was a great HS QB, who couldnt even make the transition to college, let alone making it to the NFL. He was one of the most horrible QB's I have seen play at a big school, it surprised me every game when UM still had him starting.

He was not that bad his senior year. He had the negative stuff he gained his junior year and never shook it off when he made a major improvement (look at his TD/INT ratio). These stats are with overrated wide recievers and a crappy defense that allowed 500+ yards a game. His biggest peeve is his field vision behind center. He has a tendency to gain tunnel vision and is inconsistant. Possibly, good coaching can help him pleanty. He does have the capability to improve, as you see by comparing his junior to senior year. Will he start here? Very little chance. Does Saban want to ATTEMPT to develop him, I am sure he will try. We'll see how things advance.

Buddwalk said:

what, Brock Berlin sucks. I don't know why we even signed him. He has no chance of being our starting qb. what a waste. Must be a charity signing.

Dolphin1184 said:
He was not that bad his senior year. He had the negative stuff he gained his junior year and never shook it off when he made a major improvement (look at his TD/INT ratio). These stats are with overrated wide recievers and a crappy defense that allowed 500+ yards a game. His biggest peeve is his field vision behind center. He has a tendency to gain tunnel vision and is inconsistant. Possibly, good coaching can help him pleanty. He does have the capability to improve, as you see by comparing his junior to senior year. Will he start here? Very little chance. Does Saban want to ATTEMPT to develop him, I am sure he will try. We'll see how things advance.

I agree i trust sabans judgement in saying he wanted to bring in a qb after the draft to develop and this is it...Saban tried to recruit this guy at LSU i read somewhere.

22 TDS
6 INTS
56 % completion ratio [thats horrible for college...should be like a 66% but oh well]

Numbers dont lie he wasnt that horrible but me being a Miami fan i saw him play many times and he never looking comfortable in the pocked but...Saban must of seen something we havnt

Back
Top Bottom