Dolphins: Most pleasant surprise and biggest disappointment... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins: Most pleasant surprise and biggest disappointment...

Surprises: Tannehill (playing great considering the oline), Clay, Sturgis,
Dissapointments: Miller (although it would help if he got more carries), Clabo!!!!, Jerry, Wallace (needs to catch the ball), LB core (has missed too many tackels), secondary (although it is really banged up. expected more. did not want to see Carroll playing AGAIN).

I think I was higher on Clay than most people and lower on Reshad. I don't think Jones has played poorly I think people just expected him to be more than he is. My biggest surprise would be Jared Odrick, I've always been down on him probably just sour grapes over not getting Earl Thomas, and my biggest disappointment is Cam Wake. I know Wake is hurt, but I just expected more at this point. I think of him as the best pass rusher in the NFL so it's easy for me to be disappointed there lol.

Surprise: Clay would be the most obvious choice. Also have to give some props to Grimes and Nolan Carrol (shocks me to say this but he's actually playing ok). Grimes for sure is a keeper.

Disappointment: For me it has to be Clabo. I assumed he'd blend in seamlessly but it just hasn't worked out at all. The rest of the CBs have also been a little underwhelming (injuries have played a role, yeah I know).

Miller/Thomas - not really a surprise or disappointment. Exactly what I expected actually. We're still missing a Sproles-type back that can catch the ball out of the backfield (next years wish list)

I’m still relatively new here so this may have been brought up but.....

Which Dolphins has been the most pleasant surprise and which one has been the biggest disappointment?

Pleasant Surprise

Charles Clay: I was one of those people that felt the TE position was basically doomed with the injury to Keller, but Clay has come in and added a new dynamic to the offense that was absent last season. He’s always been a guy who has had the talent and skill, but he was always far too inconsistent to be a regular contributor, but this season he seems to have found a nice rapport with Tannehill and has made some big plays.

Biggest Disappointment

Reshad Jones: After the season he had last year I expected him to be dominate (another year in the system), but his play has been mediocre at best. Granted he has had a pick six, but that was gift wrapped by Dion Jordan and outside of that one play he’s been basically invisible with the exception of a missed coverage. If the Dolphins hope to make a run at the playoffs, his play is going to need to return to his 2012 level.

On offense = IMO the biggest disappointment is Clabo. He was a one of the best RT's in the league, then he comes to Miami and flops.
On defense = Im not sure if I am more disappointed that Taylor can barely get on the field or that Jones isnt playing up to his potential.

On offense = IMO the biggest disappointment is Clabo. He was a one of the best RT's in the league, then he comes to Miami and flops.
On defense = Im not sure if I am more disappointed that Taylor can barely get on the field or that Jones isnt playing up to his potential.

To be fair....his medical issues kept him out of camp and was unable to participate in preseason which hindered his development...

This. Tannehill's play is especially impressive considering he hasn't had much time in the pocket. I do think there are times he holds onto the ball too long and other times when running opportunities are there for him. But overall I like his improvement.

Clabo is terrible and the offensive line is a mess. I wouldn't be surprised if Miami drafted offensive line in R1 and R2 come April (or is it May now?)

Another disappointment that I haven't seen mentioned is the coaching staff's play calling in terms of the running game. The team needs to run the ball more often and stick with the run. Miller has looked really good at times, but needs more carries to take the pressure off Tannehill.

Biggest disappointment is Clabo. Clay is my biggest surprise. Philbin must have told him that he has one foot out the door in the preseason.

My biggest disappointment so far is a tie between the play of Clabo and Martin -- and poor ability of Wheeler in pass coverage.

LD

Jordan has been the most pleasant surprise for me, even in limited snaps.

Sherman gets the nod for biggest disappointment, I thought he did a decent job last season given the lack of talent but this season he has more to work with and I think he's actually regressed.

Surprises : Clay, Sturgis, Gibson, Odrick, Carrol.
Disappointments : Wallace, Clabo, R. Jones.

Clay most pleasant surprise, Clabo biggest disappointment.

Disappointment for me would be our so called top ten defense... I thought our defense would be more dominant but it's been eh..
Surprise- ellerbe is really good.

Clay has been awesome stepping up and exceeding what he was expected to do

Clabo was brought in as a top notch RT, atleast we thought. He just about sucks...as does the Oline as a unit

To be fair....his medical issues kept him out of camp and was unable to participate in preseason which hindered his development...

I understand. Its still disappointing that he hasnt been able to overcome it yet. At least he is now getting marginal playing time.

Back
Top Bottom