Dolphins: Most pleasant surprise and biggest disappointment... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins: Most pleasant surprise and biggest disappointment...

FSU Truth

Toss a coin to your Witcher
☠️ Banned ☠️
Club Member
Reaction score
I’m still relatively new here so this may have been brought up but.....

Which Dolphins has been the most pleasant surprise and which one has been the biggest disappointment?

Pleasant Surprise

Charles Clay: I was one of those people that felt the TE position was basically doomed with the injury to Keller, but Clay has come in and added a new dynamic to the offense that was absent last season. He’s always been a guy who has had the talent and skill, but he was always far too inconsistent to be a regular contributor, but this season he seems to have found a nice rapport with Tannehill and has made some big plays.

Biggest Disappointment

Reshad Jones: After the season he had last year I expected him to be dominate (another year in the system), but his play has been mediocre at best. Granted he has had a pick six, but that was gift wrapped by Dion Jordan and outside of that one play he’s been basically invisible with the exception of a missed coverage. If the Dolphins hope to make a run at the playoffs, his play is going to need to return to his 2012 level.

Clay is the biggest surprise to me. I'm embarrassed to say I suggested we cut him after the preseason game where he had 3 drops. He has proven me wrong. I'm also surprised about Brandon Gibson. The way some people talked about him during the offseason, one would have thought he was the next Legedu Naanee.

I think Reshad Jones is playing like he always has - bad angles, out of positions, and he generally thinks he is a LB - so no disappointment there. I'll go Dion Jordan as my disappointment. I think Jordan will be a fine football player one day, but I'm disappointed he started slow, mostly due to injuries and no fault of his own.

I’m still relatively new here so this may have been brought up but.....

Which Dolphins has been the most pleasant surprise and which one has been the biggest disappointment?

Pleasant Surprise

Charles Clay: I was one of those people that felt the TE position was basically doomed with the injury to Keller, but Clay has come in and added a new dynamic to the offense that was absent last season. He’s always been a guy who has had the talent and skill, but he was always far too inconsistent to be a regular contributor, but this season he seems to have found a nice rapport with Tannehill and has made some big plays.

Biggest Disappointment

Reshad Jones: After the season he had last year I expected him to be dominate (another year in the system), but his play has been mediocre at best. Granted he has had a pick six, but that was gift wrapped by Dion Jordan and outside of that one play he’s been basically invisible with the exception of a missed coverage. If the Dolphins hope to make a run at the playoffs, his play is going to need to return to his 2012 level.

Agreed. I cannot add anymore.

The biggest disappointment individually is probably Jonathan Martin given the importance of protecting Tans backside. Wallace is
next. Especially due to his dropping catchable balls. Ridiculous. Both of those players. Also Lamar Miller. Ugh.

I'm surprised by how Misi has come on. Surprised and happy with Sturgis and of course Clay at TE making real solid contributions

From HTC 1 X now Free

Surprise: Clay.
Disappointment: Wallace.

Suprise: Gotta be Clay and Sturgis
Disappointment: O-line...didn't see that train wreck coming...

I'll go in another direction here just to broaden the discussion.

Surprise: Derrick Shelby
Disappointment: Dmitri Patterson and his g..g..g..groin injury

tyson clabo has been the biggest disappointment bar none, the worst linemen worse then Jerry or Martin. he was supposed to be a very solid RT but hasnt done anything.

clay is no doubt the biggest surprise

I'll go in another direction here just to broaden the discussion.

Surprise: Derrick Shelby
Disappointment: Dmitri Patterson and his g..g..g..groin injury

Talk about player development....the guy has been great when in the line-up....continues to show why the best coach on the Dolphins is Kacy Rodgers

Clay was a very nice surprise.

I think most of us knew that the o-line would not be a point of strength this season but I never expected them to be this bad. To be on pace to break sack records is crazy.

Surprise: Clay, and Tannehill racking up the yards with no protection.

Disappointment: The entire offensive system or scheme, whatever you want to call it. Not necessarily the players themselves (although some are terrible!), but the coaching staff's overall failure to run an effective offense. The only improvement this year has been the red zone efficiency, and that's solely due to the play of some young players (and free agents). Everything else is worse than last season. Too many stalled drives due to sacks or the inability to convert 3rd downs. The ONLY reason that they're 3-2 is because of the defense vs. Cleveland and Indy, and a nice special teams play vs. Atlanta.

Biggest Surprise: Ryan Tannehill - The kid has shown tremendous poise, 2 game winning drives (and some end of the half scoring as well) and would of had a third last week if the oline was any amount of good. Gonna have to learn to make due with the group in front of him, hold on to the ball and keep himself healthy but he certainly has the tools to be a special player at the QB position. He continues to make a believer out of me and a bad game or 2 thrown in won't change that.

Biggest Disappointment: Tyson Clabo - I don't think this could be any clearer and nobody else deserves the spot over him. He's been abysmal. When you are being compared to Marc Colombo and people are actually choosing Marc Colombo's performance over your own . . . you are playing at an extremely ****ty level. We brought him in expecting a fix and now the position has never been more cloudy.

Biggest Surprise: Ryan Tannehill - The kid has shown tremendous poise, 2 game winning drives (and some end of the half scoring as well) and would of had a third last week if the oline was any amount of good. Gonna have to learn to make due with the group in front of him, hold on to the ball and keep himself healthy but he certainly has the tools to be a special player at the QB position. He continues to make a believer out of me and a bad game or 2 thrown in won't change that.

I would love to see what Tannehill could do with a better coaching staff and a strong o-line!

Biggest surprise is Gibson. I did not expect for him to be near as effective as he is. I always look for him to pick up those 3rd downs and be an improved Bess. Great move by FO. In fact I am very comfortable with our WR group as a whole. I think they will grow and develop together nicely over the season.

Disappointment, Clabo. He is a guy on the OL that I thought would provide stability so that we could roll protection to other areas. Dead wrong, this guy is the biggest liability on the line.

Back
Top Bottom