Dolphins moving down | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins moving down

Nick Saban will not take less value and trade the pick just for the hell of it. That isn't how he operates.

KB21 said:
Nick Saban will not take less value and trade the pick just for the hell of it. That isn't how he operates.

Yeah, Saban will get fair value, even if it means allowing a team to throw in some picks next year to do it. But we HAVE to get at least one more early pick this year.

Exactly KB. He's not looking to trade down just because. He's doing it to get more picks and better value. He WILL NOT take less than what he thinks is equal compensation.

We'll see .... you have to at least wonder which Saban belief holds more importance.... his position he will only accept proper value based on his chart... or.... the immense desire to have more picks and his belief he can better evaluate talent...

KB21 said:

I don't think he'll get schooled but if there is one thing that seems to be clear with Saban and the draft it's his desire to trade down. Again, I don't think he's gonna bend over to get an extra pick but he may very well take less than what you'd normally take because of the extreme situation we're in. 4-12 last year, 5 picks in the draft...2 on the first day, the hardest strength of schedule, etc.

We are very eager to trade down but Saban has said that he will follow the Value Chart very closely in any trades for picks on draft day.

They only trade I would go through with is if Minnesota gives us their 7th and 18th if im not mistaken.

KB21 said:

Since this is his first draft....how do we know how he operates? I'm sure if Tampa does want to trade up....they'll sweeten the pot with Simms.

I don't know why it said that the Bucs would want to trade up to get Ronnie Brown. They could get Caddy or Benson at #5 and still have there 2nd rounder.

THOMAS_54 said:
I don't know why it said that the Bucs would want to trade up to get Ronnie Brown. They could get Caddy or Benson at #5 and still have there 2nd rounder.

I for one don't buy the Bucs want a QB as bad as the rumor states...but I do believe they want a certain receiver...and are afraid that other teams will want him too....this only brings more value to the Dolphins pick.

DoLpHiNz34 said:
I don't think he'll get schooled but if there is one thing that seems to be clear with Saban and the draft it's his desire to trade down. Again, I don't think he's gonna bend over to get an extra pick but he may very well take less than what you'd normally take because of the extreme situation we're in. 4-12 last year, 5 picks in the draft...2 on the first day, the hardest strength of schedule, etc.

I normally would believe that Saban would stick to his guns....but this year might be very well the exception for exactly the reasons you mentioned as well as others.

GM Tom D went on record saying that teams have contacted him (BUFF has no 1st round pick) if BUFF would be interested in moving up to the 1st round. Even TD has admitted that this is VERY unusal and definitely not the norm. A sign that the "top picks" might not be quite worth they're spot in this years draft.

There seems to be more "value" picks in the 2nd-5th rounds than the 1st. Because of these unique circumstances I can see Miami moving down and taking a "little" less than they normally would and picking up more value picks in the later rounds.

fishypete said:
Since this is his first draft....how do we know how he operates? I'm sure if Tampa does want to trade up....they'll sweeten the pot with Simms.

How is that sweetening the pot? We have enough unproven quarterbacks as it is.

I think Ronnie is just a mere consideration. Ronnie could quite possibly fall to them if we go QB. I think they want a QB but if they think we want Ronnie, it would probably be smarter for them to not mention him as someone they're targeting in order to get this deal done.

Back
Top Bottom