Dolphins nearly control their own destiny! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins nearly control their own destiny!

It's not be good so far so let the people vent. It's been over 40 years now so what's one more year?

and we needed this thread because.........?
..because the people who are rooting against the Dolphins have to reassure themselves of their group existence. :lol:

They have a big *** tank thread but you will see these type of threads always popping up.
because people need to feel important

The point of the thread was to point out that of the five other teams with no wins or ties at this point Miami plays 4 of them. It's not rooting against the team if you're rooting for the team to accomplish the goal it's clearly establishing. Trust me if the Dolphins win four or five games they will consider the season a failure. If they go 0-16 or 1-15 and get the number one pick in the draft they will consider the long season well worth it.

The point of the thread was to point out that of the five other teams with no wins or ties at this point Miami plays 4 of them. It's not rooting against the team if you're rooting for the team to accomplish the goal it's clearly establishing. Trust me if the Dolphins win four or five games they will consider the season a failure. If they go 0-16 or 1-15 and get the number one pick in the draft they will consider the long season well worth it.
The point of our answers were that there are many threads promoting "tanking" with the false claim that the Dolphins have publicly stated that they are tanking.

The point of our answers were that there are many threads promoting "tanking" with the false claim that the Dolphins have publicly stated that they are tanking.

What do you call all the moves to purge the roster in this manner?

A statement of trying to be as competitive as possible? Please.

Wake up already and read between the lines.

All the actions of this team this season is basically stating "WE ARE TANKING".

What do you call all the moves to purge the roster in this manner?

A statement of trying to be as competitive as possible? Please.

Wake up already and read between the lines.

All the actions of this team this season is basically stating "WE ARE TANKING".
I am done explaining what the Dolphins are trying to do. They have stated it several times themselves. And there was no purge unless you call getting rid of underperfroming and over paid players a purge. Players we all were screaming to be dumped for years were let-go and/or traded. The only argument you could have is Tunsil and Minkah. But neither one was on the 'purge' list. One was a grand opportunity which will pay us multiple dividends in the future and the other was a player who did not want to play for us anymore.

There are five teams with 0-3 records and the Redskins can make it six if the lose on Monday Night. Of those teams Miami still has to play the Jets twice, Bengals, Redskins and Steelers. Miami has to find a way to go 0-5 in those games. The only team in the group that Miami doesn't play is the Broncos. Time to buy one of those "We're #32" foam fingers.

I've said elsewhere, it's HARD to go 0-16. How many teams have accomplished that? In the Fins 1-15 season, were the Dolphins better than the Ravens or was it a 'fluke' win? There are upsets frequently in the NFL. That's reality. And the Jets, Bengals, Steelers, Redskins aren't the Ravens. I can see more than 1 win.

Top free agents do not flock to perennial losers and we have a gm that has been a huge part of creating this bad situation that we are in for the past decade or more
Thinking of some of the personalities occupying the Dolphins' front office over the years and wondering if he had much impact at all. It sure seems like there is someone radically different in charge in the last year or so

There are five teams with 0-3 records and the Redskins can make it six if the lose on Monday Night. Of those teams Miami still has to play the Jets twice, Bengals, Redskins and Steelers. Miami has to find a way to go 0-5 in those games. The only team in the group that Miami doesn't play is the Broncos. Time to buy one of those "We're #32" foam fingers.
Pittsburgh lost , the Texans almost lost

The jets scare me. We might mess around and beat them. Especially while Darnold is out.

I would rather go 0-16 with the top overall pick than go 1-15 and pick second. If it looks like it'll take 0-16 to get the job done so be it. Maybe we'll reach a point where one win won't make a difference and then try to win one.
The only thing I’m looking at, I just hope with everything there doing ,there going to come away from this up coming draft looking like genius’s

I am done explaining what the Dolphins are trying to do. They have stated it several times themselves. And there was no purge unless you call getting rid of underperfroming and over paid players a purge. Players we all were screaming to be dumped for years were let-go and/or traded. The only argument you could have is Tunsil and Minkah. But neither one was on the 'purge' list. One was a grand opportunity which will pay us multiple dividends in the future and the other was a player who did not want to play for us anymore.

We agree that the players let go weren't something to be too upset.

But the fact of the matter is those same players were already on the team and most contributed to Miami enough so they wouldn't be the worst team in the league.

In other words, those players would have made this team better TODAY. So why aren't they on the team? Better yet, why were they all let go within the same calendar year? If the agenda of this administration is to be competitive and win every game this year, shouldn't they give their team the best possible?

Every other year that isn't a tanking one (Which this year is exactly it no matter how delusional the opinion) that would hold true. But they aren't interested in winning games this season. The coaching staff might be trying but the very public message the administration is putting out there is that of tanking this season.

Back
Top Bottom