Dolphins need to have a defensive package with... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins need to have a defensive package with...

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
Porter, JT, and Wake all rushing on a 3rd and long.

Wake from his usual downed stance.
JT and Porter both lined up on the other side.

OR

Wake from his usual downed stance.
JT coming from the A gap.
Porter coming from his usual spot opposite the left tackle.

This isn't an every down situation obviously but a couple times a game putting the best rushers in there. Its a race to the QB.

ya he never panned out. i hope Porter is back for this one. He's gonna wana back his boy Crowder.

they better get there quick because thatd leave one hell of a check off or hot route, if its third and long the other team is passing so its most likely atleast a trips package, thats alot for the dbs to cover, especially since the fourth lb would be alone on the te, and we've seen how well thats been working for us.

I envision...

Starks at NT
Langford and Merling on the ends
JT, Wake, and JP on the blitz
That leaves 5 DBs
Davis and Smith on the outside recievers with Allen in the slot
Culver and Bell as the safeties playing deep. (I really dont like Wilson)

After watching some of the Jets passing footage, we gotta be thinking mixing up who we drop back to cut off the quick slants. Sanchez looks very good at getting the ball out of his hands quick (very fluid). I don't think we can afford to all out blitz him on less than 8 yds situations, it'll be interesting to see how we go after him. I just hope we find ways to occupy the quick slant areas.

I envision...

Starks at NT
Langford and Merling on the ends
JT, Wake, and JP on the blitz
That leaves 5 DBs
Davis and Smith on the outside recievers with Allen in the slot
Culver and Bell as the safeties playing deep. (I really dont like Wilson)

sounds good except I think Starks might be in there for Langford

Back
Top Bottom