*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) *** | Page 114 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) ***

Thoughts on NEW Leaked Logo?

• Like It

Votes: 204 37.4%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 236 43.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 105 19.3%

• Total voters
Putting the logo controversy to rest.

Here's the one overlooked point of the whole logo thing.

Dolphins fans have been screaming for change in so many other aspects of the team.

The players. The offensive and defensive philosophies. The coaches. The stadium. The end zone designs. The stadium concessions. The "entertainment" aspect of the gameday experience. And so forth.

Now, the logo is getting an overhaul, and the majority of fans don't like the change....

Here's my 2 cents...

When Pepsi changed their logo design, did you stop drinking Pepsi?

When Jack in the Box changed their logo, did you stop getting 2 tacos for 99 cents at 2 a.m. hammered?

When Kentucky Fried Chicken rebranded their image, did you stop getting the bucket?

Just saying....no matter what the finished, on the field product is, you will still root for your Fins.

Look at the bright side, at least all of Miami's "throwback" uniforms don't look like Pittsburgh's. :)

Re: Putting the logo controversy to rest.

Can we get a super thread going for the new logo?

No offense man.

Forgive my spelling. This was sent from my phone.

I think most of you guys who are hating the logo should wait until you see the final product and how the helmet/uniform looks with the new logo and color schemes.

Finally. What took so long. there were seriously 16 threads about the logo on the front page!

Finally. What took so long. there were seriously 16 threads about the logo on the front page!
Why? because we're damn careful about merging threads. If you merge too often you KILL conversation, and you tend to put people off from starting new threads. And, merging threads because a portion of the membership doesn't want to read about it isn't a solution either. Some members view merging threads like a form of censorship.

So why did it take so long? because a.) all the threads were active, b.) most of them had a good reason for staying unmerged, (different topic, even though they concerned the logo).

I am saying to ditch the sunburst on the helmet only. I feel like it should still be in the logo in other cases. If the sunburst were more symmetrical and balanced I would be fine with it on the helmet, but the new sunburst is a noisy mess. It is very distracting and breaks the flow of the design, especially on the helmet

Without the sunburst your helmet immediately reminded me of the hideous Portland Breakers helmet from the USFL. That was my start into serious sportsbetting so I remember all the USFL logos and uniforms. The Breakers moved from city to city and their helmet was terrible at every stop.

USFL logos in general were awful but the new trend is somehow in that direction, and not away from them. I don't pretend to understand modern taste.

Actually, my favorite memory of the Portland Breakers was when the San Antonio Gunslingers and Rick Neuheisel went in there as 16 point underdogs and won by huge margin, on the same night Villanova upset Georgetown for the NCAA title. Those were the only two games that night. The NBA took the night off in deference to the college game. I had one friend, Larry from Tennessee, who contemplated betting a $10,000 money line parlay on the two underdogs -- San Antonio and Villanova (8.5 point underdogs). His buddy Herman from Oklahoma talked him out of it. Meanwhile, it would have paid more than $300,000. You should have seen and heard Larry seething that night. All of us won big on the two games, but nothing like Larry could have made. We went to a bar and strip joint and Larry was so busy chewing out Herman than he didn't pay attention to anything else.

Why? because we're damn careful about merging threads. If you merge too often you KILL conversation, and you tend to put people off from starting new threads. And, merging threads because a portion of the membership doesn't want to read about it isn't a solution either. Some members view merging threads like a form of censorship.

So why did it take so long? because a.) all the threads were active, b.) most of them had a good reason for staying unmerged, (different topic, even though they concerned the logo).
:lol:
each its own i guess. I find it confusing when you have 16 threads about the logo, its intimidating, and hard to keep up with. But hey thats me. and its just my opinion

Here's the one overlooked point of the whole logo thing.

Dolphins fans have been screaming for change in so many other aspects of the team.

The players. The offensive and defensive philosophies. The coaches. The stadium. The end zone designs. The stadium concessions. The "entertainment" aspect of the gameday experience. And so forth.

Now, the logo is getting an overhaul, and the majority of fans don't like the change....

Here's my 2 cents...

When Pepsi changed their logo design, did you stop drinking Pepsi?

When Jack in the Box changed their logo, did you stop getting 2 tacos for 99 cents at 2 a.m. hammered?

When Kentucky Fried Chicken rebranded their image, did you stop getting the bucket?

Just saying....no matter what the finished, on the field product is, you will still root for your Fins.

Look at the bright side, at least all of Miami's "throwback" uniforms don't look like Pittsburgh's. :)

It's not entirely accurate, at least not in my case. I'm nowhere near as much of a fan of the Dolphins or Canes these days, after the move from the wondrous Orange Bowl to unthinkably bland Dolphin Stadium. I had equal loyalty to the stadium as the teams who called it home. In fact, it's still hard for me to believe that the Orange Bowl doesn't exist. I don't drive the Shula Expressway, probably to remain in denial. Getting rid of that stadium symbolizes the decline of the city in general.

I pay attention to the Canes and Dolphins but the results are hardly as significant.

More than anything, I'm convinced the Dolphin organization is stuck in a rut from the top down. On the Canes side, at least Al Golden was a sharp hire, far more impressive than anyone who has held that job for more than a decade. He's a PR whiz. Donna Shalala has been feisty, gutsy and astute during the ongoing battle with the NCAA, demonstrating great timing and instincts in her released statements the past couple of months. I don't detect anything of similar caliber from the Dolphins. We get into a name calling and insult battle with Norman Braman. Wonderful. Every Mike Dee quote is just as I would expect from him. Likewise, this logo. It's not horrendous but it's nothing special.

The arched back is an unforced error. Reminds me of current golf instruction, the move away from the curved back during the follow through, the so-called Reverse C. Somehow we brainstormed that our Dolphin needed that Reverse C.

BTW, I notice the dislike percentage in this thread continues to slide slightly. That's very typical of human nature. We may have hated the logo in theory, but now it's official.

It may be a leaking toilet, but dammit it's our leaking toilet.

Without the sunburst your helmet immediately reminded me of the hideous Portland Breakers helmet from the USFL. That was my start into serious sportsbetting so I remember all the USFL logos and uniforms. The Breakers moved from city to city and their helmet was terrible at every stop.

USFL logos in general were awful but the new trend is somehow in that direction, and not away from them. I don't pretend to understand modern taste.

Actually, my favorite memory of the Portland Breakers was when the San Antonio Gunslingers and Rick Neuheisel went in there as 16 point underdogs and won by huge margin, on the same night Villanova upset Georgetown for the NCAA title. Those were the only two games that night. The NBA took the night off in deference to the college game. I had one friend, Larry from Tennessee, who contemplated betting a $10,000 money line parlay on the two underdogs -- San Antonio and Villanova (8.5 point underdogs). His buddy Herman from Oklahoma talked him out of it. Meanwhile, it would have paid more than $300,000. You should have seen and heard Larry seething that night. All of us won big on the two games, but nothing like Larry could have made. We went to a bar and strip joint and Larry was so busy chewing out Herman than he didn't pay attention to anything else.

Weren't they the Boston Breakers? I actually really dug that helmet.

In any case, I am starting to come to your side on the new logo debate. The final logo just doesn't "feel" Miami Dolphins to me, and I am starting to get worried about the uniforms.

I think the thing that is killing me now about the logo is the awful forced perspective that is making the head and eye look huge, and the way it looks bad and not distinctive at small sizes. Also the new sun is just awful. No idea what they were thinking with that

Back
Top Bottom