*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) *** | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) ***

Thoughts on NEW Leaked Logo?

• Like It

Votes: 204 37.4%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 236 43.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 105 19.3%

• Total voters
I may have missed something as this thread is quite long, but did Dee actually make a statement, or was this just Salguero saying that Dee has said that? I suppose it would be easier for the organization if they made no official statment denying it.

I like it more now than when i first saw it, I wish they would put a whole orange circle as the sun and not white ... I also wish it wasnt in humping mode(maybe they are going for " we will Phuck the other teams up" . but i will buy a hat and jersey when this comes out for sure no matter what! GO Dolphins.

If this is the logo, guess what there's nothing you or I can do about it now, right?

I may have missed something as this thread is quite long, but did Dee actually make a statement, or was this just Salguero saying that Dee has said that? I suppose it would be easier for the organization if they made no official statment denying it.

He DID. He says it is not it.

I like my tattoo better but then again I am biased.

20120917_210843L-1.jpg

Damn, a lot of people sure do love that goofy, helmet-wearing dolphin!

Still surprise there is still so much hate about this logo. I chalk it up to 3 things:

1. There is a lot of resentment and frustration with the current regime. All the feelings associated with Ireland, Ross, and the recent blunders are seeping into fans' perceptions of this logo.

2. It breaks away from tradition. As hokey as the Dolphin's logo has been over the years, it was once associated with greatness. People grew up with this logo as a symbol that represented those great memories. Unfortunately, many people seem to overlook the fact that the current logo also broke away from the traditional look, and the current logo has only represented mediocrity. It is the Wannstache of logos.

3. People formulated an opinion based on rough, unfinished protoype, and have latched onto that opinion at all costs. The initial leak was very rough and blurry. It looked just like a big swirly thing. A designer on another forum used that blurry image to create their own vector illustration of what they thought it was SUPPOSED to look like. The thing didn't even have an eye, and looked somewhat amorphous. There was strong opposition against that logo, and I think that initial reaction has tainted their ability to see the FINISHED logo with fresh eyes.

I honestly believe fans will come to like this logo a lot once they have seen it on the helmet and with the uniforms. Remember, a logo doesn't exist in a vacuum. It is meant to be a piece of a larger branding identity. The uniforms are a big part of that.

I find it interesting that non-Dolphin fans tend to think that this version of the logo is a marked improvement over the previous logos. See this thread for example: http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1al658/possible_leaked_dolphins_logo_on_a_new_uniform/

It seems like the only people that dislike the logo in this thread are Dolphins fans! Fans of other teams were strongly in favor of it.

He DID. He says it is not it.

Thanks. I knew he had made a statement when the first design came out that was similar to this, but I couldn't find one where he commented on today's leak, which seems pretty authentic.

Damn, a lot of people sure do love that goofy, helmet-wearing dolphin!

Still surprise there is still so much hate about this logo. I chalk it up to 3 things:

1. There is a lot of resentment and frustration with the current regime. All the feelings associated with Ireland, Ross, and the recent blunders are seeping into fans' perceptions of this logo.

2. It breaks away from tradition. As hokey as the Dolphin's logo has been over the years, it was once associated with greatness. People grew up with this logo as a symbol that represented those great memories. Unfortunately, many people seem to overlook the fact that the current logo also broke away from the traditional look, and the current logo has only represented mediocrity. It is the Wannstache of logos.

3. People formulated an opinion based on rough, unfinished protoype, and have latched onto that opinion at all costs. The initial leak was very rough and blurry. It looked just like a big swirly thing. A designer on another forum used that blurry image to create their own vector illustration of what they thought it was SUPPOSED to look like. The thing didn't even have an eye, and looked somewhat amorphous. There was strong opposition against that logo, and I think that initial reaction has tainted their ability to see the FINISHED logo with fresh eyes.

I honestly believe fans will come to like this logo a lot once they have seen it on the helmet and with the uniforms. Remember, a logo doesn't exist in a vacuum. It is meant to be a piece of a larger branding identity. The uniforms are a big part of that.

I find it interesting that non-Dolphin fans tend to think that this version of the logo is a marked improvement over the previous logos. See this thread for example: http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/1al658/possible_leaked_dolphins_logo_on_a_new_uniform/

It seems like the only people that dislike the logo in this thread are Dolphins fans! Fans of other teams were strongly in favor of it.
Or it just is really bad, which is why I hate hate hate it

Or it just is really bad, which is why I hate hate hate it

I have yet to see a single professional designer say that this logo looks bad. Seeing as that they are authorities on aesthetics, I think we must say that this logo is solid from a functional design perspective. Now, that is not to say that people cannot have a negative opinion about it. Afterall, art is somewhat subjective. An art piece that is done well from a technical perspective, can still "look bad" to people.

But again, most professionals that deal with brand identity and design are overwhelmingly supportive of this concept.

Here is a thread with some of them if anyone is interested: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/89472-2013-nfl-uniformlogo-changes/page__st__2400

I've been watching since around 1988 and I can deal with the supposed new logo. It will grow on me once I know it is the real thing.

This logo is sweet...no doubt http://phinfever.com/2012/2012-12_newLogo2.gif

but it doesn't work...it won't work...it won't be the logo

It's not catchy enough...it's not enough of a change to modern....we are the fast dolphins that are streamlined and streaking down the field (supposedly)

everyone of you that "hates it so much you wanna cut yourself" will not give two ****s what the logo is if we are winning...and even if we are losing, in a year you will be over it for sure. If you aren't, well, then you are a bad fan :)

Let's break down the differences between the 2 logos...

miamilogo-1.jpg

Similarities:
1. They both depict a dolphin
2. They both have a white underbelly
3. They both are placed in front of an orange and white sunburst
4. They are both jumping out of the water
5. They both have an aggressive eye
6. They both have grins

Differences:
1. Position and shape of the tail
2. One has a helmet, the other lacks a helmet
3. One is a cartoon, one is a more stylized, less cartoonish illustration of a dolphin
4. One is teal, one is aqua
5. One has more strokes (lines) around the shape than the other

When you break it down, you mean to tell me that these 5 changes turned an acceptable dolphin logo into a super wussified dolphin logo only fitting for feminine hygiene products or Sea World bathrooms???

I have yet to see a single professional designer say that this logo looks bad. Seeing as that they are authorities on aesthetics, I think we must say that this logo is solid from a functional design perspective. Now, that is not to say that people cannot have a negative opinion about it. Afterall, art is somewhat subjective. An art piece that is done well from a technical perspective, can still "look bad" to people.

But again, most professionals that deal with brand identity and design are overwhelmingly supportive of this concept.

Here is a thread with some of them if anyone is interested: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/89472-2013-nfl-uniformlogo-changes/page__st__2400

I am a professional graphic designer and illustrator with over 15 years experience working in the aforementioned fields, and I don't like the leaked logo. It's technically well done, but it's just flat to me.

Back
Top Bottom