*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) *** | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) ***

Thoughts on NEW Leaked Logo?

• Like It

Votes: 204 37.4%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 236 43.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 105 19.3%

• Total voters
I like my tattoo better but then again I am biased.

20120917_210843L-1.jpg

If this is really yours then props dude...but I think the 2nd fin is unnecessary and would look better without it...still pretty sick

I actually like it if it's really the new logo

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Looking forward to seeing the new uniforms

The old poll has been closed, and a new one created to represent the consensus on the recently release leaked logo. There have been enough alterations done to this version to warrant a new poll to get a better idea of the current outlook on the logo.

miamilogo-1.jpg

clear.gif

I am a professional graphic designer and illustrator with over 15 years experience working in the aforementioned fields, and I don't like the leaked logo. It's technically well done, but it's just flat to me.

Thank you. Not liking it is one thing, but does it "suck" as so many people put it? Do you think it gives off a vibe of feminine hygiene products? Is this a design that would be laughed out of the office at a leading design firm (as so many posters here would have us believe)?

Classic logos that have existed since the begining of the modern NFL...

as was the basic overall shape of our dolphin...it is a part of our history...

also i dont see anyone saying it has to look tough, we dont want it to be boring or as people have already said, look like the mens room sign on the bathroom doors at sea world...
Logo20240x180resized1JPG-1.jpg

This logo is boring and looks nothing like any kind of sports logo...even the marlins M looks cooler than this thing...

once again, if the dolphin kept the same outline and changed the colors to similar ones lie this I bet a lot of people that hate it would be much more okay with it...

I for one HATE THE BLUE...we have 3 colors: white, teal/aqua, and orange....blue is only an accent color now, and this logo is makeing it much more important...

also they said it was retro and looks back at the original logo somewhat...

Truthfully this was my fav logo of all
clear.gif

How the hell does the OP's logo look like a Sea World sign but the one you like the most doesn't?

I have yet to see a single professional designer say that this logo looks bad. Seeing as that they are authorities on aesthetics, I think we must say that this logo is solid from a functional design perspective. Now, that is not to say that people cannot have a negative opinion about it. Afterall, art is somewhat subjective. An art piece that is done well from a technical perspective, can still "look bad" to people.

But again, most professionals that deal with brand identity and design are overwhelmingly supportive of this concept.
This logo sucks like your made up statistic of 'overwhelming support'. Please site your source. "Professional" bad idea in most people opinion.

Is this something that you guys think we will come around to enjoy, or do you see this thing being something we hate to the point where the logo gets changed again in a year or two?

This is going off of the assumption that this is the real thing. I don't see this as something temporary.

Also a (struggling) graphic designer here and I also do not like the leaked logo. Current logo is superior by a decent amount.

I don't like it. I do want an updated looking logo, but I just don't care for that one. Now, the one on Ellerbe's twitter.... I would love that. Wish it was the real one...

I agree, loved the one in Ellerbe's twitter, not a big fan of the new one. As one other poster said, it just looks too flat and I don't think it will look good on a helmet. I was actually waiting to get a T-hill jersey with the new logo. I think I'll get an old one on clearance now.

Is this something that you guys think we will come around to enjoy, or do you see this thing being something we hate to the point where the logo gets changed again in a year or two?

This is going off of the assumption that this is the real thing. I don't see this as something temporary.

Logo won't get changed in a year or two. There is a 4-5 year wait before teams can alter the logos after they change it

I was on the fence at first, but I like it more and more every time I look at.

New Logo Looks great. People are acting like its some crazy change. all in all the logo got more simple but more realistic at the same time. Its gonna Look amazing on our helmets when we are winning!

While the leaked logo is a very slight improvement over the current one, I dislike it for several reasons. It remains cartoonish. It remains feminine. It has a theme park or"Sea World" feel to it. It looks too nice and cuddly. It's not something I would wear for sure. I would have been ecstatic if the new logo was anything like the Ellerbe Dolphins logo on his twitter. That would have been great. The leaked one seems as if it was targeted for women and children. The leaked logo just has too much of a "aw shucks we are the soft cuddly dolphins...come play us and kick our pansy arses" feel to it.

Back
Top Bottom