*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) *** | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) ***

Thoughts on NEW Leaked Logo?

• Like It

Votes: 204 37.4%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 236 43.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 105 19.3%

• Total voters
I can understand people not liking it, change is always going to be tough to accept. As I said in the other thread I think the biggest problem is the tail curving up, since people are used to seeing it curved down for 40+ years.

I really like the current logo we have and never thought a change was needed. However, change is happening and this "leak", whether it is real or not, is a pretty solid design. It isn't an artistic mess like the Marlins and it is a sleek modernization. Removing the helmet was a good move and I am actually a fan of changing the tail to curve up. If they are going to change the logo, at least it is something different.

I think the comments of "effeminate", "Sea World logo", "girly", etc. are just ridiculous in my opinion. I understand we all have different opinions of whether we like it or not, but those comments just seem drastic and an apparent attempt to grab attention by other members.

Whether you like it or "hate" it at this point, the fact is most of us will all grow to accept it and love it. I am sure the 1997 change was hard for some to accept at first.

[video=youtube;ZgIrXKpv2gw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIrXKpv2gw[/video]

clear.gif

clear.gif

Come on Nubs! Ha!

I can understand people not liking it, change is always going to be tough to accept. As I said in the other thread I think the biggest problem is the tail curving up, since people are used to seeing it curved down for 40+ years.

I really like the current logo we have and never thought a change was needed. However, change is happening and this "leak", whether it is real or not, is a pretty solid design. It isn't an artistic mess like the Marlins and it is a sleek modernization. Removing the helmet was a good move and I am actually a fan of changing the tail to curve up. If they are going to change the logo, at least it is something different.

I think the comments of "effeminate", "Sea World logo", "girly", etc. are just ridiculous in my opinion. I understand we all have different opinions of whether we like it or not, but those comments just seem drastic and an apparent attempt to grab attention by other members.

Whether you like it or "hate" it at this point, the fact is most of us will all grow to accept it and love it. I am sure the 1997 change was hard for some to accept at first.

Completely disagree that change has anything to do with most people disliking it. I think people that are assuming that are delusional and out if touch with the reasons people don't like it. You guys need a reality check. I recall most people loving the idea of a new logo when it was first announced it would change. Personally, I was excited of the possibility of wearing something Dolphins that didnt have a feminine or childlike feel to it. Oh well. It is what it is. I will continue to support the team regardless. Just disappointed the organization didn't pay attention to the fans on this one. I bet if you do a poll on Ellerbe's logo at least 65% of people would like it.

I thought the alleged logo was ugly when I saw it on Paul Lukas' Twitter although the team denied it was the real logo. I prefer throwback logo but the mileage may vary among the fans. A great man once said, "Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past are certain to miss the future." I feel like the change is always going to happen whether we like it or not in the future.

I like the logo change. I like the color tweak from what I've seen so far.

I was deathly afraid we were going to get something close to that hideous thalidomide baby dolphin people keep posting.

So they let this highly secretive stuff just hang out with a bunch of warehouse bubbas who can open it and do this? And we think that its that loose? And no one in the warehouse supervisor or no one is making sure this doesnt happen?

It's apparel being shipped in bulk. It's not being guarded by the FBI. I mean, even if you assume that the guy snapping the photo isn't a customs agent, it's not that hard to get a peek.

He DID. He says it is not it.

Link? Where did he say anything about it? Last I read (Armando) he said the picture hadn't leaked yet, but it wasn't confirmed if Dee even knew about the overnight leak.

Link? Where did he say anything about it? Last I read (Armando) he said the picture hadn't leaked yet, but it wasn't confirmed if Dee even knew about the overnight leak.
I think you got it right. I think the only comment from Dee was through Armando. It is very possible Dee never saw today's "leak" when he made that comment.

Personally I like it. I like the revisions they made too it. I especially like how they redid the sun. Now all we need to see is how it looks with the new uniform.

Oh please, don't let this thing be the real logo! This looks like something that points to the dolphin petting pond.

Personally I like it better than some of the versions I've seen and not as much as some others. What's important is that it's changing and the mammal doesn't look like it's sporting a vagina. Symbolically it marks a franchise strategic paradigm reversal and IMO, that's what's a lot more important than specific aesthetics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Change is awesome. Time to stop looking back 40 years and move forward into a new era. We had some great times with the original logo and then some horrid seasons with the most recent logo. So change is good, and I'm glad we got rid of that cheesy helmet. The more streamlined look is great. It's not the best logo but I'll take it.

I don't hate it....that said I really don't like it either. They've been working on this for years though, and I don't see how : ( I don't see how they are going to go through with this when a majority of the phin fans hate it...I for one will not be buying anything with the new symbol on it. I'll buy jerseys from clearance places with the (now) old logo. No Wallace jersey for me : (

Back
Top Bottom