*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) *** | Page 118 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins New Logo SUPERTHREAD (Merged x8) ***

Thoughts on NEW Leaked Logo?

• Like It

Votes: 204 37.4%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 236 43.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 105 19.3%

• Total voters
I'm sure you are right. What I can't understand is why they would forsake the first version that orange trim and decide to go with less orange and more navy? If they really wanted to go with the colors of the 70's and 80's then navy wouldn't even be in the scheme. Doesn't make sense to me.

If you saw it you'd understand. It doesn't look as good. It's not just coral trim, it's actually the number surrounded by a small navy (or black) trim and then the (also small) coraltrim, not just the classic wide coral trim. It looks just kind of bizarre, honestly, like pinstriping. The "actual" version holds less to history, I suppose, but it looks better in and of itself.

When are they deciding to do it? I got several ideas but, I am going under knife on the 13th. I have a cyst on my Pancreas. I am going to have chemotherapy and radiation treatment to slow it down. Yes, my fellow finheaven fans PASQUALE will be off the boards for awhile. I need to get this under control or I am going to die. Cancer sucks guys and gals. It definitely kills and it hurts. God only know what's next. I am only 42. My wife and family are so scared. I am too. Thank you one and all. Go DOLPHINS!!!!!

Thoughts and prayers to your and your family. Hope everything goes well for you. Good luck, bro. :brewskis:

DiscoveryCove3-1.jpg

I hate to interrupt this thread, but who are these girls...?

d-1

Please stop...the new logo sucks balls. Nothing anyone can do do to improve that SH*T!!!!

i think the logo is an upgrade from the last.. but can still be better. the direction they took the dolphins is definitely a positive, and the color enhancement too. i think they just positioned the dolphin awkwardly

kind of looks like an insurance company or hotel logo to me for some reason

Yes, I feel the same way. Hotel caliber logo was one of my first thoughts upon the initial leak many months ago.

There's no reason to care about that dolphin. That's what I keep going back to. It's swimming away and doesn't acknowledge us at all. Nothing striking about it. The people who support it primarily do so in comparison to their opinion of the old logo, not on the merits of this one. Notice there hasn't been any suggestion of a nickname for the new dolphin. That would have been automatic and immediate if they had given us a distinct popular new dolphin. I can almost guarantee the Ellerbe logo, or something along those lines, would have inspired a nickname.

BTW, I saw an article today suggesting that Sea World may have played a role in the logo, and softening the image. The Dolphins quietly entered a marketing agreement with Sea World last year. So the idea of a fierce logo apparently was a non starter.

More than anything, best wishes and outcome to PASQUALE, one of the most impressive posters on this site.

Yes, I feel the same way. Hotel caliber logo was one of my first thoughts upon the initial leak many months ago.

There's no reason to care about that dolphin. That's what I keep going back to. It's swimming away and doesn't acknowledge us at all. Nothing striking about it. The people who support it primarily do so in comparison to their opinion of the old logo, not on the merits of this one. Notice there hasn't been any suggestion of a nickname for the new dolphin. That would have been automatic and immediate if they had given us a distinct popular new dolphin. I can almost guarantee the Ellerbe logo, or something along those lines, would have inspired a nickname.

BTW, I saw an article today suggesting that Sea World may have played a role in the logo, and softening the image. The Dolphins quietly entered a marketing agreement with Sea World last year. So the idea of a fierce logo apparently was a non starter.

More than anything, best wishes and outcome to PASQUALE, one of the most impressive posters on this site.

I would suggest calling it "Air-Dolphin" as it arrives in times team added a bunch of receivers in order to implement a powerful air-attack.

First all I want to thank all of you for support that's family even though I may never know who you are or ever see you, I if feel it in my heart and soul because we are all MIAMI DOLPHINS fan who bleed AQUA, ORANGE, DARK NAVE BLUE AND WHITE. Now, I am going to post my version of the uniform which I think we will see on the 25th. I am working on them now. Give me a good hour I want to be prefect. Arrivederci. See you in few.

Shamu-ee!!! The Whaley Dolphin!
Good grief. Time to start petitioning for a new new logo for five years from now.
Maybe they can do like Ole Miss does with their black bear mascot. You hear about it but rarely see it!

When are they deciding to do it? I got several ideas but, I am going under knife on the 13th. I have a cyst on my Pancreas. I am going to have chemotherapy and radiation treatment to slow it down. Yes, my fellow finheaven fans PASQUALE will be off the boards for awhile. I need to get this under control or I am going to die. Cancer sucks guys and gals. It definitely kills and it hurts. God only know what's next. I am only 42. My wife and family are so scared. I am too. Thank you one and all. Go DOLPHINS!!!!!

TheWalrus just contacted me and we decided something. Check your messages, Pasquale. Youve got some pictures to look at.

There's no "claiming" to have inside information, here. Nobody here is claiming anything but me, and enough people on this forum (Walrus, the Site Owner, CKParrot) have seen proof that I'm not bull****ting to know I know what I'm talking about.

Ben Volin hasn't seen a picture - he had it described to him. And guess what he's describing? Something that I showed people a while ago - something that was the original mock up. The first uniform design. What he is describing makes complete sense to me, but he's behind the 8 ball. He's about 2 months ago.

They've been through THREE total mock ups since then. Ben Volin is a great beat writer and I believe him, but I'm convinced that he's gotten the old picture described to him.

They need to go back to the design with more orange in it then. It may be too late for the logo, but the actual uniform design I have to think they can still adjust. You seem to have connections to people, spread the good word... our colors are aqua and orange, the uniform should reflect that.

154dc9g-1.jpg
This is the logo facing left

300gzgp-1.png
This is logo facing right

Left looks strange. The sun looks bad. Right is better. Left not so much. Just my perspective.

Back
Top Bottom