Dolphins' New OLine | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' New OLine

He's got some experience so he may be the starter but right tackle is very important when Tua eventually get in.
Long term it may take another draft or a FA next year to find our right tackle if the rookies don't step up

2021 is not a good year for free agent right tackles

Ok so what happens when And if Tua plays? Is there a switch? Im not sure if Jesse Davis needs to be on Tua’s blindside

Like it or not (I don't), the option could be Davis (or anyone) at RT and keep the TE end to block - at least this fall. Maybe pick up a OT later or wait til '21 draft.

Miami needs to get starting contributions from both Jackson and Hunt almost immediately. Nothing less!!! They can't afford for them to be a repeat of Deiter from last year, who's play was less than stellar. These kids have to show early and play well. A huge task to say the least. If Hunt and Jackson lock down their respective positions and play well and hold their own, this draft could turn out to be the best in quite some time?

Hunt is going to be Tua's blindside protector, I know everyone says he's a better guard than a tackle, but I think Hunt is going to prove he can play that RT spot and man it for years to come.
Wish I was as confident in the player..

We need to sign a left tackle like peters. Or we are going to be stuck with Davenport starting early in the year. Jackson ent be ready without the regular offseason minicamps etc. it’s a problem.

We need to sign a left tackle like peters. Or we are going to be stuck with Davenport starting early in the year. Jackson ent be ready without the regular offseason minicamps etc. it’s a problem.
I agree. We need a vet Tackle wether it’s Peters or Corey Glenn or someone that gets cut. We are very thin in that position and Davenport tho young has been garbage

IMO Hunts body type does not say Tackle. His frame looks like a guard to me

Seriously doubt our OL is a finished product -- and yet once again
the single biggest ??? / concern on the team. I'm still optimistic
we can solve at least 3 5ths of the equation this season with
noted upside re LT. But my biggest concern is the OL coach
who is the most critical position coach in football IMO.
Not sure we have a good one. Let alone a really good one.

IMO Hunts body type does not say Tackle. His frame looks like a guard to me

If we go into '21 draft needing a RT with LT solved I'm ok with Hunt @G.

Just have to hope we solved at least one of the tackle spots.

It would be a HR (!) to solve both LT + RT in 1 draft.

Especially given the scenario we dealt with in terms of resources vs. need.

I had picked "oodles" of OTs in mocks because I wanted to play the odds a bit!

2 for 2 on the starter front is really hard to do...

I would’ve gone a different direction with OL.
I like Hunt though. Believe he will be our RT.

Everyone else I’m crossing fingers.

Linemen generally take a year or two to hit their stride, and it was one reason why I was DELIGHTED with our draft this year... we took several linemen, then signed another potential keeper as a UDFA.

Taking many shots is a better idea than drafting one guy, forcing him to play, and then being pissed off that he's not a star already before he really gets it.

I really like the guys that we've drafted, but expecting them to play at an average NFL level right out of the box is probably a mistake. That said... I'm FIRMLY against signing any retread older players to play right away. C'mon guys... we are rebuilding, not competing for this year's Super Bowl. The best thing that we can do is let these young guys play, work with them when they screw up, and let them develop with less pressure.

Those of you calling for us to sign 38 year old players really don't understand the state of our team, and being THAT impatient is what led us to our years of misery.

Grow up... try to remain patient... and cheer for the young guys when they get it right.

Back
Top Bottom