Dolphins' New OLine | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' New OLine

Yes Hunt over Davis please. that is a young line.....need a few weeks to half a season before sprinkling in Tua
Regardless of who wins which spot, they need multiple games to gel. I do not play Tua until the OL has chemistry, and if there are injuries with backups starting, hold Tua til 2021.

Its great to think we brought in an entire new O.L. in the off season. Every position on the line was upgraded at starter or depth. We cant rebuild until we make these kind of moves.

OL will be an issue every year due to turnover and free agency. It looks that if we have the coaching right this line should be VERY MUCH improved in 2021 when compared to 2019. This coming season is a big stepping stone.

The opportunity to leave this season in a much better situation than we entered it is very exciting for our future.

Ereck Flowers would be a backup on any other team. I'm excited about everyone else though.

Yappple Dapple!?!

I question the wisdom behind invoking the catch phrase of a big, fat and gay cartoon genie...Is that who we want protecting Tua's backside?

Although, I must admit he does resemble him entirely. I mean right down to his one dread that hangs like a tassel...Black Babu it is!

1590548000224.png

Linemen generally take a year or two to hit their stride, and it was one reason why I was DELIGHTED with our draft this year... we took several linemen, then signed another potential keeper as a UDFA.

Taking many shots is a better idea than drafting one guy, forcing him to play, and then being pissed off that he's not a star already before he really gets it.

I really like the guys that we've drafted, but expecting them to play at an average NFL level right out of the box is probably a mistake. That said... I'm FIRMLY against signing any retread older players to play right away. C'mon guys... we are rebuilding, not competing for this year's Super Bowl. The best thing that we can do is let these young guys play, work with them when they screw up, and let them develop with less pressure.

Those of you calling for us to sign 38 year old players really don't understand the state of our team, and being THAT impatient is what led us to our years of misery.

Grow up... try to remain patient... and cheer for the young guys when they get it right.
I disagree. Signing a vet when you have an Oline full of young guys won’t hurt. It will only help their development. If we sign any older vet it’s wont be to compete with the rookie. We have absolutely no depth at Tackle right now

How exactly would it 'help their development'?

Please... explain.

Best Scenario in my opinion is bringing in Jason Peters on a 1 year to be our starting RT. He could be a good mentor and I would feel much more comfortable having him at RT than Davis or Davenport. I would like to see this happen unless Robert Hunt shows out in camp and shows that he is a starting caliber tackle in the NFL, but I don’t see that happening. I think he will be a really good long term Guard. If neither of those players are there, then it will either be Julién Davenport or Jesse Davis, honestly I would definitely rather have Davenport there than Davis.

The same way Dallas Thomas was a starting guard one year, and was out of the league the next.
Understand where your coming from, however, DT wasn’t a high 1st rounder with the abilities and size that Flowers possesses. Plus the fact that DT “NEVER” put together a solid year, much less a year comparable to Flowers last year.

Jesse Davis played surprisingly well towards the end of last season. I'm cautiously optimistic about the right side of the line this year. Our guard play may be the biggest improvement on the entire roster.

Back
Top Bottom