Dolphins’ Next Play-caller Talks Offensive Philosophy, What He Wants In A Qb And More | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins’ Next Play-caller Talks Offensive Philosophy, What He Wants In A Qb And More

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
PatriotsChiefsFootball%20(1).JPG

Dolphins fans, you want to know what system Chad O’Shea will run as Miami’s next offensive coordinator, a job he is expected to take as soon as Monday. He will call plays for Dolphins’ coach-in-waiting Brian Flores, his colleague for the past decade.

O’Shea, of course, cannot yet talk about that, not with work unfinished. He is still the Patriots’ wide receivers coach through Super Sunday, so this week is about getting Julian Edelman and Chris Hogan and Phillip Dorsett reaady for the Rams.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article225310845.html

I think he will be a
Great OC. I’ll give them 3 years to see how it pans out as I expect to be awful next year with growing pains. I like the hire a lot

This is his quote and exactly the opposite of Gase. Very refreshing to hear. May not have success right away but he’s got the right idea!

“I think it’s important to identify what your players that you have available to you do best and to try to build the system around what those players do.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article225310845.html#storylink=cpy

Im pretty sure that Gase said the exact same thing before he got here and then kept trying to fit the square peg in the round hole.

This is his quote and exactly the opposite of Gase. Very refreshing to hear. May not have success right away but he’s got the right idea!

“I think it’s important to identify what your players that you have available to you do best and to try to build the system around what those players do.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article225310845.html#storylink=cpy
That quote is in chapter 2 of the book: "Tips and tools for the modern NFL offensive coordinator."

ezgif-2-6a5fd9f922c0.jpg

Last edited:
To be fair, I think Gase tried exactly that, with plays designed for Wilson and Grant for example. Gase played it too safe at times but I think the effort was there.

Yes. The team could have been a hard nosed running team, but he dumped the players to bring in soft players for his crap offense.

To be fair, I think Gase tried exactly that, with plays designed for Wilson and Grant for example. Gase played it too safe at times but I think the effort was there.
Gase had no adjustment and the offense had zero identity. Predictable and the results proved that. Third down plays were a joke, qb sneaks nope. Horrible coord and HC.

Which is why he had the Rookie, TE in-line trying to block the other teams best PR? Give me a break. Gase is as inflexible as it comes as an OC.

The guy had stud RBs that would pop off 3-5 yards per carry and refused to use them because it diminished his precious passing game.

Yes. The team could have been a hard nosed running team, but he dumped the players to bring in soft players for his crap offense.

Where could we have been a hard nose running team? Ajayi, he wasn't that type of back...Gore was more that type of back. We never had the lineman for it under Gase so I could see the aspect of not drafting the right guys, but we never got rid of players to make it work. We never had them to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom