Dolphins Next Qb....tom Brady? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Next Qb....tom Brady?

I think the issue with hypotheticals is that we are used to some fans being so delusional that they believe these things not only could happen but should, and that the only thing holding it back is the football Gods holding a grudge over the 72 season.

But FH is full of rational fans that provide good discussion. Sometimes it’s tough to remember our community is a step above the rest.

Let's assume Brady is somehow up for a trade or release this off-season. Should the Fins bring him in to start in 2019?

This is assuming that the next franchise QB will be the back up. It's also assuming Brady is still healthy ,and the Fins are a star QB away from being SB contenders.

A lot of what if's. Would you still be a fan if Brady was the QB? Would we be SB contenders?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You do realize that even in the hypothetical dream land where this somehow could possibly happen, there's no way he would take a discount with another team besides the Patriots and I'm pretty sure the Dolphins don't even have the cap room to sign a top tier QB contract next year.

87 Million.
Great! I'm sending over my application immediately! I'm quite confident I can do a better job as a waterboy for $50 Million. Congrats, when you hired me you just hired the most motivated waterboy EVER!

Great! I'm sending over my application immediately! I'm quite confident I can do a better job as a waterboy for $50 Million. Congrats, when you hired me you just hired the most motivated waterboy EVER!
waterboy%2Bheader.jpg

He has nothing to play for. His best way to help the Pats at this point is get traded for two number ones and retire in game five.

Imagine if Kraft sided with Bill over Tom....

Patriots resign Belicheat to long term contract

Patriots trade Brady to highest bidder getting at minimum a 1st round pick.

Sign garoppalo....things could have been very very bad...as it stands I just hope Belichick goes to the NFC or retires

...and how did that work out when Favre finally hit the wall at age 41?

Well he instantly took the Vikings to the post season and made them competitive again while also having one of his best seasons of his entire career so....yeah not sure what your point is. They didnt expect him to play another 10 years.

I'm surprised you of all people wouldn't be on board with this idea since you have the same username as Tom Brady

No. Tom Brady is going on 41. Rather roll with Tannnehill make or break year. Im still a believer Tannehill is a great QB down deep inside him. Hoping he finds it.

Well he instantly took the Vikings to the post season and made them competitive again while also having one of his best seasons of his entire career so....yeah not sure what your point is. They didnt expect him to play another 10 years.

I'm surprised you of all people wouldn't be on board with this idea since you have the same username as Tom Brady

You mean OTHER than the point that Tom Brady is already older than Favre was when he did that, and he's still the QB of the Patriots?

My points are as follows:

1) If Tom Brady is to be the next QB of the Dolphins, he would start his first game for the Dolphins at age 42 at the youngest. This is working under the assumption that the Patriots cut him or trade him. He would be two years older than Favre was when he took the Vikings to the playoffs and did one of the dumbest things I have ever seen a QB do.

2) If the Patriots make the playoffs with Tom Brady this season, he will be the seventh-oldest QB to start a game in the history of the NFL. Ever.

3) Here's a fun stat that you can look up: At age 42 or older...do you know how many of those six QB in the history of the NFL who actually started a game...started at QB for a full season at that age? I'll save you the time - it's zero. Again - nobody, in the history of the league...has ever started a full season at age 42 or older. The closest was Warren Moon. Ten games. In fact, all six QB who will be older than Tom Brady at the end of this season started a combined 23 games for the rest of their careers.

4) The decline of a QB does not happen gently. Now, I know Tom Brady is immortal and inhuman. But eventually Father Time gets everyone. It might be at 41, it might be at 42, heck...it MIGHT be at 43. But it gets riskier every year. It's not just conditioning. It's not just staying healthy. It's reaction time. I said this TWO YEARS ago, and Tom Brady keeps on chugging, but there are parts of his game that he's losing. He's adjusted wonderfully so far, but the end is coming, and it will happen suddenly. To use your Brett Favre example; in his final year? He threw 11 touchdowns and 19 picks. This was the year right after the best statistical year of his career. He fell off a cliff - he just all of a sudden couldn't make the throws. And that was at age 41, the same age Tom Brady will be this upcoming season. Those six QB mentioned above? All six of them combined threw a total of 37 TDs and 36 INT fo the rest of their careers.

And this is who we want to be the next Dolphins QB? We want to gamble that he can not only be the only human ever in the history of professional football to be successful as a QB at age 42 or older for a full season, but also to do so while moving to a new team?

No thank you. I know he's the G.O.A.T. and all (not The Goat, thank you very much), but I sure as heck don't want to be the one riding that wagon at QB when the wheels inevitably come flying off.

You mean OTHER than the point that Tom Brady is already older than Favre was when he did that, and he's still the QB of the Patriots?

My points are as follows:

1) If Tom Brady is to be the next QB of the Dolphins, he would start his first game for the Dolphins at age 42 at the youngest. This is working under the assumption that the Patriots cut him or trade him. He would be two years older than Favre was when he took the Vikings to the playoffs and did one of the dumbest things I have ever seen a QB do.

2) If the Patriots make the playoffs with Tom Brady this season, he will be the seventh-oldest QB to start a game in the history of the NFL. Ever.

3) Here's a fun stat that you can look up: At age 42 or older...do you know how many of those six QB in the history of the NFL who actually started a game...started at QB for a full season at that age? I'll save you the time - it's zero. Again - nobody, in the history of the league...has ever started a full season at age 42 or older. The closest was Warren Moon. Ten games. In fact, all six QB who will be older than Tom Brady at the end of this season started a combined 23 games for the rest of their careers.

4) The decline of a QB does not happen gently. Now, I know Tom Brady is immortal and inhuman. But eventually Father Time gets everyone. It might be at 41, it might be at 42, heck...it MIGHT be at 43. But it gets riskier every year. It's not just conditioning. It's not just staying healthy. It's reaction time. I said this TWO YEARS ago, and Tom Brady keeps on chugging, but there are parts of his game that he's losing. He's adjusted wonderfully so far, but the end is coming, and it will happen suddenly. To use your Brett Favre example; in his final year? He threw 11 touchdowns and 19 picks. This was the year right after the best statistical year of his career. He fell off a cliff - he just all of a sudden couldn't make the throws. And that was at age 41, the same age Tom Brady will be this upcoming season. Those six QB mentioned above? All six of them combined threw a total of 37 TDs and 36 INT fo the rest of their careers.

And this is who we want to be the next Dolphins QB? We want to gamble that he can not only be the only human ever in the history of professional football to be successful as a QB at age 42 or older for a full season, but also to do so while moving to a new team?

No thank you. I know he's the G.O.A.T. and all (not The Goat, thank you very much), but I sure as heck don't want to be the one riding that wagon at QB when the wheels inevitably come flying off.

So basically your ONLY argument is that he is old, well no kidding. Once again, this hypothetical scenario isnt about a long term deal, should be obvious it would be a one or two year deal, it's not like we would be hitching our wagon and entire future on a 42/43/44 year old.

I mean what's the worse that could happen by signing or trading for the GOAT? No one would blame us for trying. Tannehill could start again the next season if it didnt work out at all.

Brady has a lot of tread on his tires for his age, he didnt play as reckless as Favre and has really taken care of his body better than anyone else in the hisotry of the NFL. He gets rid of the ball so quickly and avoids big hits because he isnt stupid at his current age and to say he has been successful is an understatement.

The rewards outweighs the risks. We all know it would be a 1 or 2 season run for a championship, after that we could pick up where we left off before, no harm, no future investment.

So basically your ONLY argument is that he is old, well no kidding. Once again, this hypothetical scenario isnt about a long term deal, should be obvious it would be a one or two year deal, it's not like we would be hitching our wagon and entire future on a 42/43/44 year old.

I mean what's the worse that could happen by signing or trading for the GOAT? No one would blame us for trying. Tannehill could start again the next season if it didnt work out at all.

Brady has a lot of tread on his tires for his age, he didnt play as reckless as Favre and has really taken care of his body better than anyone else in the hisotry of the NFL. He gets rid of the ball so quickly and avoids big hits because he isnt stupid at his current age and to say he has been successful is an understatement.

The rewards outweighs the risks. We all know it would be a 1 or 2 season run for a championship, after that we could pick up where we left off before, no harm, no future investment.

That is indeed the basis of my argument, yes. Basically, he would have to do something that nobody else has ever done. Now, if at the end of this upcoming year, Tannehill has regressed, Brady hasn't dropped off, he's available, and the Dolphins can acquire him without any sacrifices or mortgaging the future? Sure, I'm willing to discuss it.

Back
Top Bottom