Dolphins Offensive Line | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offensive Line

This group is still average. Way better then 2019 but still average.

LT- Austin Jackson (very solid, I expect him to be much better in 2021)

LG- Flowers ( better then 2019 but average. Did show toughness and leadership, I’ll give him that. I believe he should be at RG.

C- Skura ( veteran if healthy is better then karras but a 1 year rental. Miami should do their research and draft the # 1 center in the draft.

RG- Kindley ( love him, should be starting at LG, played a lot better as a LG.

RT- Hunt ( should be the starting RG, we need to draft a RT who can start )

Miami 100% needs to draft a RT. At which pick you decide. Can you roll with guys we have , yes you can. But one thing that annoys me the most is not playing guys at their best position. In my eyes our OL starters should be the following.

LT - Austin Jackson
LG- Kindley
C- Skura
RG- Hunt
RT- ?

Please don’t say Jesse Davis, that dude is a career backup.
Good thread and I agree with most of what you outlined! My nitpick might be that I'm more comfortable with Solomon Kindley as a RG than LG, but that's just quibbling. The end result is that we really have 3 RG's in Kindley, Hunt and Flowers, with Jesse Davis being a swing player that can play every position except probably C.

I agree with your assessment as well, I'd draft one RT and one IOL (probably a C). I think there will likley be one of the good IOL guys falls to our #50 pick, with an outside chance one is available in the 3rd round. If we get an OT with pick #36, we'll have addressed the OL well.

This group is still average. Way better then 2019 but still average.

LT- Austin Jackson (very solid, I expect him to be much better in 2021)

LG- Flowers ( better then 2019 but average. Did show toughness and leadership, I’ll give him that. I believe he should be at RG.

C- Skura ( veteran if healthy is better then karras but a 1 year rental. Miami should do their research and draft the # 1 center in the draft.

RG- Kindley ( love him, should be starting at LG, played a lot better as a LG.

RT- Hunt ( should be the starting RG, we need to draft a RT who can start )

Miami 100% needs to draft a RT. At which pick you decide. Can you roll with guys we have , yes you can. But one thing that annoys me the most is not playing guys at their best position. In my eyes our OL starters should be the following.

LT - Austin Jackson
LG- Kindley
C- Skura
RG- Hunt
RT- ?

Please don’t say Jesse Davis, that dude is a career backup.
Good assessment except for Jackson. Before the injury he was average to slightly above then he had the injury and someone had time to watch some tape. He had one glaring issue coming out of college, and that was when someone tried crossing his face they were always successful. There were downs when a DE crossed his face that he couldn't even get a hand on them. Totally lost and ended up losing his confidence. He was much better when Kindley was playing LG but he finished the year grasping for confidence. Hopefully we find out he was playing injured or something, otherwise we have to face the fact that we have 3 starting OGs and no OTs. Hunt is a OG, no two ways about it. Zero bend, stiff as a board. That's not something that can be fixed.

I'm all for Darrisaw or Cosmi or Mayfield or Eichenberg at 36

The phins need a plug & play ORT for the next dozen yrs
yep, and you can add my 2nd favorite Teven Jenkins (behind Sewell of course) to that list. A true RT. The dude plays ANGRY. Pretty sure someone puts inching powder in his jockstrap before every game or something. Great aggression.

yep, and you can add my 2nd favorite Teven Jenkins (behind Sewell of course) to that list. A true RT. The dude plays ANGRY. Pretty sure someone puts inching powder in his jockstrap before every game or something. Great aggression.

Im a jenkins fan if he slips but I definitely don't want to over draft for him. Radunz could be had 14 picks lower and imo will be every bit the player

Im a jenkins fan if he slips but I definitely don't want to over draft for him. Radunz could be had 14 picks lower and imo will be every bit the player
In my opinion Jenkins is a player that can change the culture. Both he and Kindley and to a lesser extent Hunt, have the attitude that can take over a game in the 4th quarter. I would love to have an OL that could turn the S.FL heat into a home field advantage like we used to have in the OB. Depending on who is still on the board at 18 I wouldn't be upset with Pitts and Jenkins in the 1st rd, or even Smith and Jenkins for that matter. Now if someone like Parsons or Harris were still there at 18 I don't think I could pass, but Jenkins is a game changer that will go in the 1st for sure.

Back
Top Bottom