Dolphins Offensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offensive Line

Goonies

Active Roster
Reaction score
This group is still average. Way better then 2019 but still average.

LT- Austin Jackson (very solid, I expect him to be much better in 2021)

LG- Flowers ( better then 2019 but average. Did show toughness and leadership, I’ll give him that. I believe he should be at RG.

C- Skura ( veteran if healthy is better then karras but a 1 year rental. Miami should do their research and draft the # 1 center in the draft.

RG- Kindley ( love him, should be starting at LG, played a lot better as a LG.

RT- Hunt ( should be the starting RG, we need to draft a RT who can start )

Miami 100% needs to draft a RT. At which pick you decide. Can you roll with guys we have , yes you can. But one thing that annoys me the most is not playing guys at their best position. In my eyes our OL starters should be the following.

LT - Austin Jackson
LG- Kindley
C- Skura
RG- Hunt
RT- ?

Please don’t say Jesse Davis, that dude is a career backup.

This group is still average. Way better then 2019 but still average.

LT- Austin Jackson (very solid, I expect him to be much better in 2021)

LG- Flowers ( better then 2019 but average. Did show toughness and leadership, I’ll give him that. I believe he should be at RG.

C- Skura ( veteran if healthy is better then karras but a 1 year rental. Miami should do their research and draft the # 1 center in the draft.

RG- Kindley ( love him, should be starting at LG, played a lot better as a LG.

RT- Hunt ( should be the starting RG, we need to draft a RT who can start )

Miami 100% needs to draft a RT. At which pick you decide. Can you roll with guys we have , yes you can. But one thing that annoys me the most is not playing guys at their best position. In my eyes our OL starters should be the following.

LT - Austin Jackson
LG- Kindley
C- Skura
RG- Hunt
RT- ?

Please don’t say Jesse Davis, that dude is a career backup.
they're not paying Flowers 10mill a year to be a backup. he's starting at LG again and kindley's staying at RG.

I don’t see them paying Flowers almost $9 mil this year to sit him.

Hunt played well at the end of the year so I think he stays at RT and Kindley at RG.

I think Miami drafts WR, edge/LB, RB, edge/LB, and then iOL with 81.

Of course dependent on who’s on the board, but not seeing Miami spending a 1st round pick on an OL for the purpose of starting a rookie at RT.

Last edited:
Last season, average, I give you that.
We will take a C in the draft. A full camp plus the natural progression of our last year rookies, all three will only get better. I don't see any reason at all they will regress. Just these two factors alone, our OL will be better than average.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into Sewell at 6 if he is available.

Last season, average, I give you that.
We will take a C in the draft. A full camp plus the natural progression of our last year rookies, all three will only get better. I don't see any reason at all they will regress. Just these two factors alone, our OL will be better than average.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into Sewell at 6 if he is available.
I agree, point of thread was to discuss OL , find your RT in 2nd or 3rd round.

The offensive line took a step forward. But, to your point, it's still a work in progress.

After the wide receiver group, tackle might offer the best talent in the draft. I agree. Miami should take advantage of that fairly early possibly pick #18.

Jenkins is the one I'd be hoping for, but Vera-Tucker would work.

I think we’re good.. wouldn’t be upset with the Jenkins kid from okie state though..

If someone who knows OLine play better than I do could please confirm:

Robert Hunt disproved the narrative that he can't play RT at a high level in the NFL with his play last season.

We know there were some who said he will only be able to play Guard in the league.

Can we put that to bed now for good, and just assess him based on how he actually plays at RT moving forward?

I believe Pff had our offensive line rated at 28th not exactly what anyone call average but we did have 3 rookies playing considerable minutes. Don't kill the messenger but the breakdown looks like

Austin Jackson 37/38(next to last) (Erik Flowers 14/39) , (Solomon Kindley, 38/40 ) (Robert Hunt 20/38 ) lets be realistic , This line was bad but hopefully Jackson,Kindley, and Hunts play will improve but nothing is guaranteed except Jessie Davis, who is waiting in the wings to play 90%+ of the snaps again. This offensive line better step up otherwise all those shinny, new playmakers might lose their sheen awful fast

I believe Pff had our offensive line rated at 28th not exactly what anyone call average but we did have 3 rookies playing considerable minutes. Don't kill the messenger but the breakdown looks like

Austin Jackson 37/38(next to last) (Erik Flowers 14/39) , (Solomon Kindley, 38/40 ) (Robert Hunt 20/38 ) lets be realistic , This line was bad but hopefully Jackson,Kindley, and Hunts play will improve but nothing is guaranteed except Jessie Davis, who is waiting in the wings to play 90%+ of the snaps again. This offensive line better step up otherwise all those shinny, new playmakers might lose their sheen awful fast
The key will be Skura if we don't draft (or bring in) a guy that can start early on.

Back
Top Bottom