Dolphins Offensive Line | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offensive Line

I believe Pff had our offensive line rated at 28th not exactly what anyone call average but we did have 3 rookies playing considerable minutes. Don't kill the messenger but the breakdown looks like

Austin Jackson 37/38(next to last) (Erik Flowers 14/39) , (Solomon Kindley, 38/40 ) (Robert Hunt 20/38 ) lets be realistic , This line was bad but hopefully Jackson,Kindley, and Hunts play will improve but nothing is guaranteed except Jessie Davis, who is waiting in the wings to play 90%+ of the snaps again. This offensive line better step up otherwise all those shinny, new playmakers might lose their sheen awful fast
Like you said, we had 3 rookies that played over 700 snaps each. We knew going in there would be ups and downs. Specially with no real off season nor pre season games. They should all be much better this coming season if they put in the work in the off season.

I think the OL will be better with another year together.
Skura should be ok, but the line calls might need a couple of games to get in tune.
I agree that drafting a franchise center should be a priority, and a pass blocking RT to protect Tua blindside.
They will do what they can or plug the holes until next year.

By the end of the season Hunt was our best OL. They love him at RT. They are not looking to replace him or move him to RG. I've also heard they are excited about the future with a right side of Kindley and Hunt. I expect they will draft IOL and/or C to replace Flowers and Skura next season.

I believe Pff had our offensive line rated at 28th not exactly what anyone call average but we did have 3 rookies playing considerable minutes. Don't kill the messenger but the breakdown looks like

Austin Jackson 37/38(next to last) (Erik Flowers 14/39) , (Solomon Kindley, 38/40 ) (Robert Hunt 20/38 ) lets be realistic , This line was bad but hopefully Jackson,Kindley, and Hunts play will improve but nothing is guaranteed except Jessie Davis, who is waiting in the wings to play 90%+ of the snaps again. This offensive line better step up otherwise all those shinny, new playmakers might lose their sheen awful fast
No doubt about it, our OL was below average last year. But PFF hated it more than any other site or writers last year.

Skura should be ok, but the line calls might need a couple of games to get in tune.
I agree that drafting a franchise center should be a priority, and a pass blocking RT to protect Tua blindside.

I fully agree!

Make a focused effort on the Center position, until we have one that plays well and will be around awhile.

Keep making improvements across the line as drafting or free agency and cap space allow, while giving the OL time to gel this year (last year the OL began to gel, but late due to no preseason) in order to see where improvements need to be made.

Skura being a one year rental and veteran shows that we are drafting a top Center, whether it be Myers or Humphrey

I'm still mad NO got our center. In any case, center help is needed more than RT, imo.

Draft Dickerson and you can stick him anywhere with some effect but play him at center.

Dillion Radunz in the 2nd round? Quinn Muinerz in the 3rd?
It sounds like they really liked Meinertz at the Senior Bowl, and he looked good working at center. Having Skura on a one year deal makes me wonder if QM is who they want to draft as a C and giving him a year to learn the position on a full time basis.

One advantage of PS > letting the OL get experience with line calls before live bullets

I would love a left tackle who could push and maybe replace Jackson. But as insurance, a guy who has positional flexibility in case Jackson works out (have my doubts about that).

Radunz, Christensen, AVT.... Someone along those lines.

By the end of the season Hunt was our best OL. They love him at RT. They are not looking to replace him or move him to RG. I've also heard they are excited about the future with a right side of Kindley and Hunt. I expect they will draft IOL and/or C to replace Flowers and Skura next season.
So possibly creed humphrey (#36) and quinn muinerz (#81)

With #6, 18, 50 being Jamar Chase, Zaven Collins, and Javonte Williams

So possibly creed humphrey (#36) and quinn muinerz (#81)

With #6, 18, 50 being Jamar Chase, Zaven Collins, and Javonte Williams
Love your first 3. I’d prefer Harris or Etienne but that is a helluva way to start the draft

Back
Top Bottom