Dolphins' offensive mistakes adding up to too many lost points | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins' offensive mistakes adding up to too many lost points

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
26 points. The Miami Dolphins have scored less than four touchdowns worth of points through the first four games of the 2019 season. With an average of 6.5 points per game, it’s easy to see why the expectation of Miami locking down the #1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft is so widespread. This has been an offense that has been as bad as the league as seen in a long, long time.

But that’s the most frustrating part of the Dolphins’ first month of the season. Yes — Miami has missed the mark on too many possessions and failed to provide the needed protection to keep the offense on schedule. But this team has taken more points off the board against themselves than they’ve actually scored. Don’t believe us?

That has been the story of the dolphins for quite a while.

Yes, it's painfully obvious. The receivers are either in on the tank and should win an Oscar or we are truly inconsistent.

That has been the story of the dolphins for quite a while.
It's amazing that a handful of drops and a few missed field goals can be so debilitating. But yeah seems like forever since we were able to have more than a few drives a game worth a damn. Feels like we are getting a bread ration during the 1929 Great Depression anytime we get past the 50 yard line.

It's amazing that a handful of drops and a few missed field goals can be so debilitating. But yeah seems like forever since we were able to have more than a few drives a game worth a damn. Feels like we are getting a bread ration during the 1929 Great Depression anytime we get past the 50 yard line.
When teams are relatively evenly matched, there are, generally, less than a handful of plays that seperate winners, and losers.

When a team is overmatched, as we have been, any mistake is another nail in the coffin.

Turnovers are the biggest difference maker, and we are worst in the league at -7 differential.

Who is the best receiver we've had in some time, Brian Hartline?

Let that sink in.

I actually forgot about Landry...*

I can't wait to see PW get it together. Have high hopes for the kid - got the makings of a beast at WR.

*12 hour night shifts ad nauseum.

I actually think it's more points left on the field than the article mentions.
We left 18 points on the field in the first half alone against Dallas.

Who is the best receiver we've had in some time, Brian Hartline?

Let that sink in.
Hartline had good hands, yes. Good footwork on the sideline too. Solid player. But never scored TDs. Landry was much better, as was Stills (made big plays and scored TDs). After that, you might be right. I expected to rattle off about 7 guys better than him - but I can’t. Parker should be better. Williams WILL be better but he’s not there yet.

Back
Top Bottom