• Chris Chambers

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Jay Fiedler

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
This is a terribly simple question yet you can make a case for each option. So who will it be? Who will the Dolphins Offensive MVP be for the 2002 season when all is said and done?

Way too soon...But Chris if healthy may make a case for himself..Ricky or no Ricky.

I guess the underdog of the poll would have to be Jay Fiedler. But it would be good to remember that we scored a good many points last year without Ricky Williams and with a pretty aweful run-blocking OL. If we unleash a TON of points this year then it would probably have to be a Ricky MVP or a Chambers MVP cuz of his possible development. But if we score like say 360 points for the season (a pretty darn respectable number I suppose) then it would be good to note that even without Chris' development, Norv's offense, or Ricky Williams...Jay scored like 320 points this year.

If we run the ball this year like we hope to....Then Ricky should be the Offensive MVP.:evil:

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I guess the underdog of the poll would have to be Jay Fiedler. But it would be good to remember that we scored a good many points last year without Ricky Williams and with a pretty aweful run-blocking OL. If we unleash a TON of points this year then it would probably have to be a Ricky MVP or a Chambers MVP cuz of his possible development. But if we score like say 360 points for the season (a pretty darn respectable number I suppose) then it would be good to note that even without Chris' development, Norv's offense, or Ricky Williams...Jay scored like 320 points this year.

this year???

You mean last year?

I agree.

Wow I'm surprised. I kind of wish I'd voted for Chambers he's gettin seriously dissed. Its really really really hard to find a WR that can do the things he does...

I've got to go with Jay. Why? Well, I'm assuming that many (if not all) defenses are going to key upon Chris and Ricky. This should leave some doors open for Oronde and others. Since Jay has to pass to them, he'd get my pick of the 3 listed.

I say Fiedler because he is the key for the Fins having a successful year..

I voted for Chambers.

Jay Fiedler, you have got to be kidding me.

Originally posted by minus
I say Fiedler because he is the key for the Fins having a successful year..

I would have to disagree if RW has a good season it will make Jay and CC put up great numbers, also if RW has a great season our defense will benifit greatly from him. CC will likely be get more attention from the oposing d-cordinator this season, but if RW does his job than it will be really hard for teams to double him since they will need to bring their safetys up stop RW. The thought of CC one on one with no deep help makes me drool.

Norv's going to have some fun this year I think. Teams will want to double Ricky and that opens up the middle of the field for the TE and if McMichael continues to impress us in training camps then teams could end up seriously regretting the middle of the field being open. But first we have to try and knock the front 7 around to pull the safeties close then that makes it more fun.

Last year we got teams to play their safeties close even though Lamar was going nowhere. Luckily they still remembered Lamar from 2000. We'll make them remember Ricky now.

CK i think more than a fear of Lamar kept the safetys close in 2001. It was Chans unwillingness to waiver from his running game and teams knew this. The other big thing was the amount of screen passes we threw, and the fact that they wanted to make Feidler beet them.

Back
Top Bottom