Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England | Page 30 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England

Disappointed he turned us down. It definitely makes one wonder if that was his intention all along ... which cannot be great for his future chances honestly. But, if there is a silver lining at all, it would be that we offered the job to the best candidate. If Cesario had wanted the job and we offered it to Hickey, I would have been upset.

At this point, Brian Gaine is once again my preference ... although it definitely feels like leftovers.

Oh joy like 5th choice to be GM might be GM, way to seal the deal Ross

I have been more than patient. All of us have. We deserve better. Ive gotten to where I cant stand Ross, being our owner....and wish hed sell. "WHAT A NIGHTMARE"!!! He really is as clueless as he looks......Just Unbelievable!!!

This is what's MOST troubling. You have legitimate candidates coming here to interview who have spent days of preparing for this. I'm sure they all watched the film on the Dolphins players, came up with a specific plan in the form of positional upgrades via draft and free agency. Discussed how the scouting department would operate, how they would bring in players that would fit the current coaching staff's systems, (due to the fact Philbin is already here, which means they probably even spent time looking at the coordinators systems) and gave specific details on their past successes and how that would translate into future success's. They were all probably well prepared. So.......Here comes this last minute interview out of the blue that no one saw coming. If Caserio came here only to drive his price up with the Pats, which by all reports seems to be the case, how much do you think he prepared for the interview. I'm sure not nearly to the extent of the legitimate candidates, if at all. So he basically came here, sat through the interviews, and was offered the position. All in two days. This means he is either the best bull****ter in the history of the world, or the people sittin in on the interview, as a group, are TOTALLY inept. How could you NOT sniff out what this guy was doing. Didn't he seem a little unprepaired? Was he able to answer specific questions related to the team? Did he have a methodical plan with concrete examples showing how he would turn the team around? Ross let himself, his so called advisors, and coach be fooled by a person who basically flew into South Fla for a weekend to catch a few rays. Don't you think Ross, Peterson, and Philbin collectively should have been able to sniff this out? He has a room full of buffoons advising him. There is no way on God's green earth he could have been as prepared in comparison to the candidates who really wanted this job. This speaks volumes about how bad it really is. I knew it was not good, but this is disastrous.
It's like going out with a chick twice, and asking her to marry you, only to find out she was using you to make her boyfriend jealous. And the best part is, you and your friends were so inept, you didn't even realize she had been calling you by the wrong name for two days! I didn't want to believe it, but we are totally screwed.

Your analogy of dating the chick twice and asking for her hand in marriage is excellent. That's exactly how it feels. Only he didn't have to proceed with the next girl in line, but we still have to go ahead and find a GM.
You ask - how could the interviewing panel not know Caserio's motive? We know that he is extremely smart and he has been personally taught by Belichick for many years. We should not really be surprised that this guy got a high distinction in the subject of Devious 101. It is part of the Patriot way, Belichick wrote the book - remember he was Head Coach of the Jets for one day before heading to Foxboro. The Kraft boys are probably celebrating at the cheese factory with a very good vintage Chateau Lafitte to go with the January 2014 Processed Cheddar. However, Caserio lives with the consequences of this decision. He is a New England Patriot for good and no other serious prospective employer should try to pursue him. Maybe it's a good thing he declined - do we really want a GM with lousy ethics (they were not Ireland's strong suit either).
The next person offered the job is actually in a very strong negotiating position. While it is possible that Gaine is the man, I would not be surprised if either of the other guys were offered the job and given the opportunity to implement their plan. The reality is that we were not aware of Caserio until a couple of days ago.
Time to dust ourselves off and get on a different horse. It's disappointing and a bit embarrassing but not the end of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
New strategy…CLEAN HOUSE and allow a talented GM/HC to come in at the same ****ing time. How hard is that? He continues with half measures.

At this point Ross should really hire a Czar, and not Petterson. Hire someone that is very respected, my top choice would be Dungy, but Polian would be a good hire as well. Let him come in and do whatever the hell he wants to the football side of the operation. Ross can back away and just hob nob with his celebrities.

Would be our luck. Wonder if Gaine will want to stay with Dolphins since he was passed over for promotion

because its STILL probably all smoke.

i imagine there will be some sort of "offer he couldnt refuse" at the last minute from new england and he will stay there [thank God!!!] and in the end it will be who it ALWAYS HAS BEEN...., brian gaine.

i dont want either of these two clowns. i just cant believe the out of the blue ceserio worship thats happening here. he has done NOTHING but be bill billicheks coffee runner. he hasnt had a hat in ANYTHING SOLID, JACK OF ALL TASKS, MASTER OF NONE. well, if this is true, you can certainly see why the aponte mafia wants him. he is a quiet, do whatever they say guy. isnt imposing, wont get in anyones way, will do what the 3 headed monster asks, without question.

and again, if ANYONE thinks we are getting some PERSONEL guy who staffed all the recent talent in new england, there is only ONE personel guy with the pats, BILL BILLICHEK!!!

this ceserio guy brings NOTHING to the table that puts this organization forward. we will not have a TRUE gm OR the most important thing we have needed for the last 15 years, someone who IS a bonafide talent guy, one who knows college players and how to work the draft. its painfully obvious that the dolphins once again are not going after what the team really needs.

and of course, this is all IF they do hire crazy eyes ceserio. i can just see dawn aponte in the draft room, eyes scanning for decent on her input.

this isnt going to weeken a division rival as billichek is the talent there. seen ANY of his former staff do ANYTHING other than fail? all these teams that grab up these pats lackys are SURE they are getting the patriot way when they hire bills scruffs. and then they quickly find out the the patriot way is still sitting in the h/c chair back in foxboro having coffee with tom terrific.

ceserio is the absolute WORST choice for gm. might be right for dawn aponte, but BAD, BAD, BAAAAAD for the dolphins. IF he is hired. IF.

I still think its gaine. and if it does go to gaine after wasting all these guys time, when ceserio fails, they wont all be running back. its one thing to not be chosen, its another to be "interviewed" and then realizing it was all a ploy. they were NEVER hiring anyone BUT gaine. that pizzes people off. and its almost in the same realm as ross's harbaugh debacle.

we had 3 bonafide personel men, one with former gm experiance. and ceserio walks out of the blue and is handed the job? really?

no matter how one spins it, it stinks.

I always thought it was very unlikley he was going to take the job

i wonder if this has always happened in the NFL.we get to see it know with social media.

"The Miami Dolphins unsuccessfully tried to steal a member of the New England Patriots’ brain trust.
The Dolphins offered their general manager position to Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio, but he has decided to stay in New England, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Caserio interviewed with the Dolphins on Friday and Saturday."

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2014/01/report-patr...-staying-after-being-offered-dolphins-gm-job/

I remember last off-season and the time the Jets had getting a GM, and thinking boy are they a mess. Our GM search has made theirs look like a picnic in the park.

I remember last off-season and the time the Jets had getting a GM, and thinking boy are they a mess. Our GM search has made theirs look like a picnic in the park.

Rex is a better coach than Joe at least for the Jets.

If he truly has turned down a GM job it's not just on Ross its also on Caserio. The guy doesn't have the nuts to move up in the world. Scared to move on and help another team. Scared to fail. Staying in NE is easy, moving on to see what you really got in life is the hard part. FAIL all the way around.

If he truly has turned down a GM job it's not just on Ross its also on Caserio. The guy doesn't have the nuts to move up in the world. Scared to move on and help another team. Scared to fail. Staying in NE is easy, moving on to see what you really got in life is the hard part. FAIL all the way around.

He just got a raise from his current employer that is a game from the Super Bowl. He is not saddled with Aponte and Joe. However, in NE he is "saddled" with Tom Brady. Yep. Tough choice.

He just got a raise from his current employer that is a game from the Super Bowl. He is not saddled with Aponte and Joe. However, in NE he is "saddled" with Tom Brady. Yep. Tough choice.

I'd like a candidate that sees challenges and tackles them head on. He obviously wasn't that candidate.

I don't get your logic. So you should just take any job because its a so called move up. Money doesn't matter, actual responsibility doesn't matter just that its called a GM job. Who you work for has to be a fit as well as the organizational structure. when I interview for a job I weigh all the options and sometimes a so called move up to another company is not really a move up.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

I'd like a candidate that sees challenges and tackles them head on. He obviously wasn't that candidate.

Or maybe he saw bad organizational structure and didn't like that he may have to answer to too many people as well as have limited power to hire the people he wants

Back
Top Bottom