Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England | Page 31 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England

Oh joy like 5th choice to be GM might be GM, way to seal the deal Ross

Sometimes the 5th choices turn out to be the best in the long run. Forget Cesario. Let him run back to his daddy at NE. Perhaps whoever we hire will be better. Time will tell.

I'd like a candidate that sees challenges and tackles them head on. He obviously wasn't that candidate.

To be fair about four other men wanted nothing to with it. Farmer nixed a finalist interview. Caserio turned down an actual offer. Heck, Ireland even walked a way in a sense. Do you not see a trend.

In the end, whichever one of these three candidate becomes the GM, he will have NO honeymoon period and will be in the hot seat from day 1.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

To be fair about four other men wanted nothing to with it. Farmer nixed a finalist interview. Caserio turned down an actual offer. Heck, Ireland even walked a way in a sense. Do you not see a trend.

I think Ireland did quit. I would gain respect for him if he did. The structure is a ****en joke.

Sometimes the 5th choices turn out to be the best in the long run. Forget Cesario. Let him run back to his daddy at NE. Perhaps whoever we hire will be better. Time will tell.

I don't doubt he could be because its not an exact science but it says something about the people at the top when they identify the best people and they get turned down.
I mean dumb luck is fine too but I would like our leadership to have identified the best person and be able to hire them

NO GM wants to come here and have to deal with this organizational structure. A QB we should have never drafted, and an o-line in need of repair. Setup to fail year one.

NO GM wants to come here and have to deal with this organizational structure. A QB we should have never drafted, and an o-line in need of repair. Setup to fail year one.

I think QB is actually one of the best selling points.

I doubt our qb and line have much to do with Gm candidates turning us down. Probably more like power and dysfunction

Oh, trust me: I'm not saying *just* Caserio. I'm saying I want somebody who looks at this clusterf*ck and thinks, "Let's do it". That's also what Miami needs.

Caserio, Farmer, etc weren't those people.

I doubt our qb and line have much to do with Gm candidates turning us down. Probably more like power and dysfunction

Guess we will have to disagree. IF I was looking at this team it wouldn't be too far behind the power/dysfunction

Or maybe he saw bad organizational structure and didn't like that he may have to answer to too many people as well as have limited power to hire the people he wants

Also known as ... uhm, challenges?

LOL some of you dolphins fans still have your heads in the sand about this franchise, Philbin, and Ross I see. News flash! No one wants to be saddled with a mediocre coach they didn't pick and a cap person who not only doesn't report to the GM, but who potentially wields just as much if not more power in the organization. Oh not to mention an absentee owner

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess we will have to disagree. IF I was looking at this team it wouldn't be too far behind the power/dysfunction

Wouldn be an issue with me since if given proper power its my job to find those people. I wouldn't care about the roster in place if Im confident in my ability to spot and aquire talent. My issue would be will they let me do my job and not have idiotic restraints on me , like answering to an extra person who knows less about my job than I do and not having power to hire my people

Where are all the Apomte and Philbin backers? Those posters that killed me for saying that this GM job was not a good one based on the set up? It chaps me because when I am wrong, I come back and take the heat. I took **** for a week stating I thought Matt Simms would lead the Jets back in the second half. Yet, I came back and faced the music.

Back
Top Bottom