Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England

LOL some of you dolphins fans still have your heads in the sand about this franchise, Philbin, and Ross I see. News flash! No one wants to be saddled with a mediocre coach they didn't pick and a cap person who not only doesn't report to the GM, but who potentially just as much if not more power in the organization. Oh not to mention an absentee owner

Huh? I don't want a person who's afraid of that sh*t is all I'm saying. Why would I? May as well run without a GM in that case. They need to find someone who isn't afraid of that risk, and is confident in being able to fix it. That person will have an understanding that they may have to grind it out low-and-slow for a bit before they can tear the doors off. Like I said, someone who seeks challenges.

There are people out there that like taking the road less travelled for success. All I'm saying is that Miami should be looking for that person. Because that's what they need (and because of the clusterf*ck, it'd also be the proper fit).

Now, with all that said (because apparently people need it spelled out for them): I think Miami will end up giving the job to Brian Gaine and there may be an entire house cleaning in the next 2-3 years.

I don't get your logic. So you should just take any job because its a so called move up. Money doesn't matter, actual responsibility doesn't matter just that its called a GM job. Who you work for has to be a fit as well as the organizational structure. when I interview for a job I weigh all the options and sometimes a so called move up to another company is not really a move up.

What don't you get? pretty simple. It's about proving what you can do without your original group of guys (what can he do without the front office in NE?) We don't know and really neither does he. Money lockz really? You think that the money wasn't at least comparable? I find that highly unlikely. You don't know what the $ was on that little piece of paper passed across the table, no one does. Actual responsibility....Well he doesn't make any final decision in NE so apparently that really doesn't matter to him, obviously since he's staying in NE. He would however be choosing the players here which is moving up (He'd be "lead" on handling the draft and finding FA's) ....That IS called more responsibility and moving up. I see it more as a guy not taking a challenge like finsfanjay and you see it more as he didn't take the job because of organizational structure. Probably has a lot to do with both.

So u go to a job u see with bad ownership and structure because u feel u can change the people in charge of u , ok

My current boss has done quite well with that approach, actually. And it's not about *changing the people*, it's about *changing the organization*. Yes, there is a difference. Unless someone works at McDonald's.

Contrary to popular belief, Miami isn't running a 'good ole boys club'. It's that Stephen Ross is getting bad advice. At some point, he'll actually get some good advice, or sell the team, which would be good advice.

Huh? I don't want a person who's afraid of that sh*t is all I'm saying. Why would I? May as well run without a GM in that case. They need to find someone who isn't afraid of that risk, and is confident in being able to fix it. That person will have an understanding that they may have to grind it out low-and-slow for a bit before they can tear the doors off. Like I said, someone who seeks challenges.

There are people out there that like taking the road less travelled for success. All I'm saying is that Miami should be looking for that person. Because that's what they need (and because of the clusterf*ck, it'd also be the proper fit).

Now, with all that said (because apparently people need it spelled out for them): I think Miami will end up giving the job to Brian Gaine and there may be an entire house cleaning in the next 2-3 years.

Well we are the king of oh wait until next year. That's a flawed vision and people are turning us down not because they don't like a challenge, they feel like some how our GM job is just GM in name

Where are all the Apomte and Philbin backers? Those posters that killed me for saying that this GM job was not a good one based on the set up? It chaps me because when I am wrong, I come back and take the heat. I took **** for a week stating I thought Matt Simms would lead the Jets back in the second half. Yet, I came back and faced the music.

Don't worry. This board is riddled with people that suffer from short-term memory. It's the Internet, after all.

My current boss has done quite well with that approach, actually. And it's not about *changing the people*, it's about *changing the organization*. Yes, there is a difference. Unless someone works at McDonald's.

Contrary to popular belief, Miami isn't running a 'good ole boys club'. It's that Stephen Ross is getting bad advice. At some point, he'll actually get some good advice, or sell the team, which would be good advice.

Well there are 32 clubs in the league why go to Miami to change job titles and have basically the same power u already have. I mean if you are Caserio would u rather answer to just Bill Belicheck or Dawn Aponte.

Well we are the king of oh wait until next year. That's a flawed vision and people are turning us down not because they don't like a challenge, they feel like some how our GM job is just GM in name

JFC. It's what I want to see, not what I *will* see.

What I would like to know is:

1) What did they actually talk about for 2 days?
2) Didn't the Dolphins ask him 1st if he actually wants the job before extending him an offer?
3) If they did ask him if he wanted the job, and he did, why couldn't they agree on compensation?

Edit: I would also add that what harm would there be to just start over? Ross should re-evaluate the org structure and re-align it with traditional roles and then open the job up again. It's better to get it right even if it means you have to admit you were wrong initially. I think people around the league would respect that rather a make shift hire where we all know it is BS.

Well there are 32 clubs in the league why go to Miami to change job titles and have basically the same power u already have. I mean if you are Caserio would u rather answer to just Bill Belicheck or Dawn Aponte.

You really aren't following this very well. Caserio isn't a candidate that *fits the current issue with the Miami Dolphins* because of that exact reason. Miami needs to go find the person who *fits the current issue with the Miami Dolphins* and considers it a *challenge worth tackling*. Otherwise, they're better off not hiring a damn person. Or a Bruce Allen type, that just waited until Shanahan got canned to get that extra power. But most of them are snakes, and Miami already has enough of those.

JFC. It's what I want to see, not what I *will* see.

I personally like challenges but I don't want to work for bad organizations and answering to people that I shouldn't be answering to.
Interviewing is a two way street. These people are not turning down the job because its a challenge.

Oh, trust me: I'm not saying *just* Caserio. I'm saying I want somebody who looks at this clusterf*ck and thinks, "Let's do it". That's also what Miami needs.

Caserio, Farmer, etc weren't those people.

Or they were up to the challenge and decided they didn't have the power to do what they thought needed to be done. They didn't want to be set up to fail.

What I would like to know is:

1) What did they actually talk about for 2 days?
2) Didn't the Dolphins ask him 1st if he wants the job before extending him an offer?
3) If they did ask him if he wants the job, why couldn't they agree on compensation?

1 - I will say that is a lot of wasted time.
2 - You would think.
3 - The $ I'm guessing was fine. It was other factors which included NE, a man with IMO a fear of moving on, and an organization that has a guy as an owner that can't close on a deal. SAD

So what now?
Looks like we are going to have Gaines as the GM. I can't imagine any new interviews. What a ****en mess man.

Back
Top Bottom