Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins offer Caserio the GM job/Rejects offer to stay in New England

I'm surprised there hasn't been any new leaks this morning. Ross must have battened down the hatches on the sinking ship.

You really aren't following this very well. Caserio isn't a candidate that *fits the current issue with the Miami Dolphins* because of that exact reason. Miami needs to go find the person who *fits the current issue with the Miami Dolphins* and considers it a *challenge worth tackling*. Otherwise, they're better off not hiring a damn person. Or a Bruce Allen type, that just waited until Shanahan got canned to get that extra power. But most of them are snakes, and Miami already has enough of those.

Im not the one failing to be able to hire the person I want for the job. A guy that is considered one of the better Gm canidates in the league does not want to settle for what ever a team gives them. He has turned down interviews before because he did not like the situation. He gave us a chance and we failed his smell test. Why be a sham GM and have to answer to Aponte when you can stay put and actually have to answer to a guy that obviously knows what he is doing. Why be forced to keep a coach you may not want to keep. A guy may want to get started now and not set up to fail.

I personally like challenges but I don't want to work for bad organizations and answering to people that I shouldn't be answering to.
Interviewing is a two way street. These people are not turning down the job because its a challenge.

There are a few things that make bad organizations:

1.) the product
2.) the leadership

Both can be fixed. Even in privately owned, head-up-your-ass organizations like the Miami Dolphins. And I'm convinced that somebody is out there that can help them out. For the most part, NFL teams are rather cyclical (Patriots, Raiders, etc are good examples). A lot of that has come down to the leadership of that organization (and not just the owner).

All I'm saying, again: I *hope* that Miami can go find somebody that ruffles some feathers and presents different perspectives on things. Because that's what they need.

Again: Hope

Gotta love the people that want to act like the candidates just don't have the drive to move up.

I can see the interview in my head.
Ross:How are you

Im fine

Ross:
OK here is the job in a nutshell. You have no power to hire and fire coaches. Any personnel decisions must be ran through Dawn Aponte first and then she reports it to me.
Joe Philbin actually runs the draft you just give him the scouting and analysis of the players he wants you to look at.

So what If I don't agree .
Ross: Well you just shut your piehole and get me and Dawn some coffee

Im not the one failing to be able to hire the person I want for the job. A guy that is considered one of the better Gm canidates in the league does not want to settle for what ever a team gives them. He has turned down interviews before because he did not like the situation. He gave us a chance and we failed his smell test. Why be a sham GM and have to answer to Aponte when you can stay put and actually have to answer to a guy that obviously knows what he is doing. Why be forced to keep a coach you may not want to keep. A guy may want to get started now and not set up to fail.

We don't know if Caserio was told he'd be answering to Aponte your basing that on one report that Ireland was told this year that he would have to do that. I think that was just Ross's backwards way of allowing Ireland the ability to walk away instead of firing him. It was Ross's first GM and probably friend, didn't know what to do. Also reports out that Ross is loyal to a fault which I'd agree with.

There are a few things that make bad organizations:

1.) the product
2.) the leadership

Both can be fixed. Even in privately owned, head-up-your-ass organizations like the Miami Dolphins. And I'm convinced that somebody is out there that can help them out. For the most part, NFL teams are rather cyclical (Patriots, Raiders, etc are good examples). A lot of that has come down to the leadership of that organization (and not just the owner).

All I'm saying, again: I *hope* that Miami can go find somebody that ruffles some feathers and presents different perspectives on things. Because that's what they need.

Again: Hope

Well the Patriots traded draft picks and acquired Bill Belichek and gave him total control. They didn't just say well you have no control over anything and you answer to such and such and then got won over because he is such a good leader.

when are you all going to realize nobody wants to work with this dumb bitch Aponte and Philbin. Ross is a clueless owner nobody would want to be a part of this.

Or they were up to the challenge and decided they didn't have the power to do what they thought needed to be done. They didn't want to be set up to fail.

See my other post: Miami needs to find the person who doesn't look at things that way. Or just not have a GM. That's. all. I'm. saying.

It's not a knock against Caserio, to be honest. Everybody has their own risk profile in mind when entertaining opportunities and to me, it just means that they aren't a fit for the current mold of the organization. That's it. Nothing more.

Caserio is in quite a 'cushy' situation. He has a franchise QB in Brady (even if he is regressing some), arguably the best coach in the NFL in Belichick, one of the best owners in Robert Kraft, and one of the nicest places when it's not the winter in Boston (and if he has kids, great schools, too). Nobody has to convince me on why he wouldn't take the job, it's pretty damn clear.

Farmer, on the other hand, is more telling of the situation.

Again: I think Miami will hire Gaine and then probably clean house in the next 2-3 years, unless he and Philbin prove themselves. At this rate, it's the only way to fix it (and may have been the only way, we'll surely know in the future).

I'm surprised there hasn't been any new leaks this morning. Ross must have battened down the hatches on the sinking ship.

I was thinking the same thing. It is still early in the morning, but I agree

If Ross has any sense, Gaines will be the GM by tonight. Cut your losses and declare next year a do or die year for everyone. What else could he do unless he restarts the WHOLE process and brings in Elliot Wolf or Hightower.

Well the Patriots traded draft picks and acquired Bill Belichek and gave him total control. They didn't just say well you have no control over anything and you answer to such and such and then got won over because he is such a good leader.

I would too. He's only the best damn coach out there. He was already *known* as a good leader. Even with his time in Cleveland; a place that God can't even fix.

I can bet you this much: If Ozzie Newsome called Stephen Ross and said, "I want to be Miami's GM, but I need total control", then Stephen Ross would send a plane and probably a few hookers to get him on board.

I would too. He's only the best damn coach out there. He was already *known* as a good leader. Even with his time in Cleveland; a place that God can't even fix.

I can bet you this much: If Ozzie Newsome called Stephen Ross and said, "I want to be Miami's GM, but I need total control", then Stephen Ross would send a plane and probably a few hookers to get him on board.

Its not even total control they seem to be offering neutered control. If the report is true on answering to Aponte that's an idiotic thing to do and would be a major reason for turning job down.
I want a guy that can come in here and make changes if necessary not stick with a continued losing plan that Ross has in place

I'm not failing to hire the person either. And I really don't think Caserio "gave us a chance". I think Caserio used the tried and true method called "leverage". Show that people like you, get a raise for it. And good for him. Thumbs up for free markets and capitalism.

Its not even total control they seem to be offering neutered control.

That wasn't my point.

If the report is true on answering to Aponte that's an idiotic thing to do and would be a major reason for turning job down.

Agreed. And what I'm saying is that if that's the case, Miami needs to either 1.) find a person who sees that as an obstacle to knock down or 2.) hire Brian Gaine. I think it's going to be numero dos.

I want a guy that can come in here and make changes if necessary not stick with a continued losing plan that Ross has in place

That's pretty much what I've been saying all along...

I'm not failing to hire the person either. And I really don't think Caserio "gave us a chance". I think Caserio used the tried and true method called "leverage". Show that people like you, get a raise for it. And good for him. Thumbs up for free markets and capitalism.

Or very likely also that he didn't like what he heard in the job offer as far as what his actual position was. This has been questioned since the beginning of the process with people blaming everybody but Ross. When RAy FArmer pulls out of the process to stay in Cleveland as pro personnel director there is a legitimate issue

Back
Top Bottom