Dolphins officially announcing staff hires | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins officially announcing staff hires

By using my eyes and watching football and talking to players who played for him

to each their own - but considering half of his offenses were in the bottom half of league rankings when it came to scoring, and he only had one top 10 squad (scoring) in his time w/ NYJ and BUF, I don’t think he has ever unveiled an unstoppable offense.

Likewise, Flores could hire Rosie O'Donnell to be the defensive coordinator and some of you would still be waving your Dolphins pom poms.
Not true Day. Most FloCo supporters like myself are taking a wait and see approach. I've posted several times stating I'm not crazy about bring gailey out of retirement. I know in today's world it seems like only extremes exists but there are a few moderates left that can see benefits from both sides.

He did, but I'm way more interested in the implication that he's flexible. Flexibility and adaptability in a DC/OC/HC is one of the most valuable trends a coach can have, IMO. There's nothing sadder than a coach trying to force his system on a group of players that don't fit it.

Miami has never had a coach like that *cough* Gase *cough cough* Burke *cough*

to each their own - but considering half of his offenses were in the bottom half of league rankings when it came to scoring, and he only had one top 10 squad (scoring) in his time w/ NYJ and BUF, I don’t think he has ever unveiled an unstoppable offense.
What coach has? Even the greatest Show onTurf lost?

What coach has? Even the greatest Show onTurf lost?

I’m not talking about wins/losses at all. I was pointing out that he only has ever had 1 top ten squad in the scoring metric.

The Titans do not have BOTh lines as dominate as the 49"ers. Yea I know we were talking running game but the two in combination are deadly.
My point was both run heavy teams made it to their respective championship games, agreed the 9ers have a better defense but the run game propelled the Titans to the championship game. This to me means there's no cookie cutter way of achieving the goal of winning a championship, teams should assess where they are and make choices/changes based on that. This means if QB is not the best player available for this Miami team I don't have an issue with building the trenches initially and finding the QB later.

Miami has never had a coach like that *cough* Gase *cough cough* Burke *cough*
In all fairness, Gase's system may have been fine. It is hard to know when the playcalling was such horse****.

As far as Burke? I never saw any decernable system to judge.

But I agree. Gase had no concept of adjusting to the players individual skills.

Nice writeup for anyone interested.

I realize AC is a total homer, and it is tge Dolphin site, but it turns out they went to school together in th 70s, and have remained friends.

Back
Top Bottom