Dolphins officially sign national champion | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins officially sign national champion

Any chance they drafted him in hopes to convert him to center? Still can’t get around this pick

There needs to be a comedy movie about a long snapper. Can't wait to see this guy snap!! Welcome aboard!

I work with a engineer who long snapped for one of the SEC schools and knows the Ferguson brothers well. I had no idea but there is a whole market of coaches who will train your football player on this one particular skill set. It lets several players, who might not otherwise have played D1, get a chance to do so as well as a free college education. Blake Ferguson is suppose to be the best to come along in a while.

Any chance they drafted him in hopes to convert him to center? Still can’t get around this pick

No he is a pure long snapper.

Few long snappers have a history as a C. Denney was a DE in college

I don't understand why everyone is mocking this pick. Earlier than round 6, OK, I get it; but once you get to round 6, those guys are such a long shot to make the team or ever contribute, why not take a player that you are confident can make the squad, contribute, be re-signed repeatedly as long as he performs and never have to break the bank. The potential to get sick mileage with the selection is high. It is a bit unconventional, I know, but when you have 14+ picks what the hell? Maybe they should have taken a guard from Boulder Valley State we can all project into the starting lineup knowing damn well he'll never contribute. Or we can pick a guy, who is supposedly one of the best at what he does, and check that box and move on.
It's a SIXTH ROUNDER. Those picks are ideal for going outside the box.
And people are assuming that we could have just signed him as an UDFA because there aren't 31 other teams he could have chosen to sign with.

I don't understand why everyone is mocking this pick. Earlier than round 6, OK, I get it; but once you get to round 6, those guys are such a long shot to make the team or ever contribute, why not take a player that you are confident can make the squad, contribute, be re-signed repeatedly as long as he performs and never have to break the bank. The potential to get sick mileage with the selection is high. It is a bit unconventional, I know, but when you have 14+ picks what the hell? Maybe they should have taken a guard from Boulder Valley State we can all project into the starting lineup knowing damn well he'll never contribute. Or we can pick a guy, who is supposedly one of the best at what he does, and check that box and move on.
It's a SIXTH ROUNDER. Those picks are ideal for going outside the box.
And people are assuming that we could have just signed him as an UDFA because there aren't 31 other teams he could have chosen to sign with.

I totally agree. I think this was a great pick. A good long snapper helps to increase field goal percentage and punting average. Reggie Roby was a 6th round pick I liked many years ago. :)

Back
Top Bottom