Dolphins Offseason: Three Position Battle Updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Offseason: Three Position Battle Updates

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
1057286474.jpg.0.jpg

It is a busy time in Davie, Florida, even as there is no live hitting happening in these practices. The coaches are starting to get an impression of the team, and the individual players. Where should a player be positioned? Should he start? Is he a backup? Can he play on special teams? There are an infinite number of questions that can be asked, and the observations of the coaches this week could go a long way to finding answers to some of them.

With the first couple of practices complete, where do some of the key positions battles stand? We take a look at what we know now, though, as head coach Brian Flores explained, every position battle - and every position - is a fluid situation, “(It’s) day-to-day. Everybody is getting evaluated in this building every day, period. That’s just what it is.”

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/5...erback-josh-rosen-ryan-fitzpatrick-cornerback

1057286474.jpg.0.jpg

It is a busy time in Davie, Florida, even as there is no live hitting happening in these practices. The coaches are starting to get an impression of the team, and the individual players. Where should a player be positioned? Should he start? Is he a backup? Can he play on special teams? There are an infinite number of questions that can be asked, and the observations of the coaches this week could go a long way to finding answers to some of them.

With the first couple of practices complete, where do some of the key positions battles stand? We take a look at what we know now, though, as head coach Brian Flores explained, every position battle - and every position - is a fluid situation, “(It’s) day-to-day. Everybody is getting evaluated in this building every day, period. That’s just what it is.”

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/5...erback-josh-rosen-ryan-fitzpatrick-cornerback
Thanks for posting, good read. I had no idea about Rowe.

reads like nothing but rampant filler speculation.

Reshads still here come week 1 my moneys on minkah being the other starting boundary.

Reshads still here come week 1 my moneys on minkah being the other starting boundary.
That still leaves you with two strongs out there, neither beingoverly good at coverage.

Almost everything is speculation, at this point, except LT and X. Some speculations are just more founded in reality than others.

I hope Minkah is not playing corner. He is competent there, but i think he is far more valuable as a versatile chess piece, IMO.

Almost everything is speculation, at this point, except LT and X. Some speculations are just more founded in reality than others.

I hope Minkah is not playing corner. He is competent there, but i think he is far more valuable as a versatile chess piece, IMO.

Depends on if this scheme plans to play tj and reshad together. If that’s the case then imo given what we have in house minkah should be the other starting boundary. He had a better rookie year boundary wise than x did even.

Just depends on that safety plan. I don’t think Rowe beats out minkah head to head for anytbing. Nor should he.

We added next to nothing db wise so...

Depends on if this scheme plans to play tj and reshad together. If that’s the case then imo given what we have in house minkah should be the other starting boundary. He had a better rookie year boundary wise than x did even.

Just depends on that safety plan. I don’t think Rowe beats out minkah head to head for anytbing. Nor should he.

We added next to nothing db wise so...
I'm not sure Rowe beats him out 1 on 1 either, but the goal should be to field the best, most cohesive unit.

Jones and TJ are, for the most part, the same player, and I don't think playing them together is the best, most versatile unit, as a whole.

I'm not sure Rowe beats him out 1 on 1 either, but the goal should be to field the best, most cohesive unit.

Jones and TJ are, for the most part, the same player, and I don't think playing them together is the best, most versatile unit, as a whole.

Well then miami needs to lose one of them and let minkah play the devin Mccourty role which he’d be ideal for.

Well then miami needs to lose one of them and let minkah play the devin Mccourty role which he’d be ideal for.
Come on bro, you know as well as I, and most others do, that if it wasn't for the ridiculous contract, Jones would be gone already. Being that they have to pay him anyway, there is no reason to cut him, and he does have talent that can be used in 5 or 6 DB sets.

I think you put too much emphasis on specific players with comments like the "xyz player role".

The best coaches do not copy roles of other players specifically. The put the player they HAVE in the role they create for them, based on overall philosophy, and that players strengths v weaknesses, not that MF has many of those.

I think we are one year away from seeing that full time.

Miami will move Jones(one way or another)next off season and then Minkah is the FS/matchup guy like McCourty in NE.

I do expect to see TJ playing a hybrid LB spot in nickle and dime packages, I think he excels there.

We are going to see a lot of snaps with 3 corners and Jones/TJ/Minkah out there together.

I think we are one year away from seeing that full time.

Miami will move Jones(one way or another)next off season and then Minkah is the FS/matchup guy like McCourty in NE.

I do expect to see TJ playing a hybrid LB spot in nickle and dime packages, I think he excels there.

We are going to see a lot of snaps with 3 corners and Jones/TJ/Minkah out there together.

I agree with the year away side of things but I’ve seen zero indication that Miami even entertains tj as a off ball lb. so I’m gonna have to see that one before I buy into it

Back
Top Bottom