Dolphins OL Ranked Last in 2014 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins OL Ranked Last in 2014

what does any other nfl game have to do with that chart? it showed Miami dead last in pressures per attempt. you said it doesn't show anything because tannehill could have been back there for 5-6 seconds. You only have to watch the dolphins, to see that it's probably closer to 2-3 seconds. what other teams do is irrelevant, unless they all somehow had an average of less than 2-3 seconds.

it's very relevant, if we aren't comparing like things then how is a comparison valid? again, those rankings a year ago had Seattle as a bottom 5 OL yet they managed to win a SB, they have NE as a bottom 10 and NE is a favorite this year. I don't believe in these rankings but if you guys do then how can some teams win and Miami not? the D stunk late this year but they didn't last year and the result was the same.

it's very relevant, if we aren't comparing like things then how is a comparison valid? again, those rankings a year ago had Seattle as a bottom 5 OL yet they managed to win a SB, they have NE as a bottom 10 and NE is a favorite this year. I don't believe in these rankings but if you guys do then how can some teams win and Miami not? the D stunk late this year but they didn't last year and the result was the same.

I honestly don't care about rankings. I just know that the oline stunk for a good majority of the season.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

I think he may be referring to Marino.

that makes more sense. :lol:

you remember incorrectly. The OL was not great but there were a million issues that season which have nothing to do w/ the 2014 Miami Dolphins.

but indeed they do since nothing can be in a vacuum: in fact they have to do with your ability to judge QBs and assess appropriate culpability. Case in point as frequently pointed out on TGG by word and video: it doesn't matter whether a receiver is a scrub or not, when they make it to the pros and are wide open but not thrown to because their QB is busy throwing into double or triple coverage, they're not to blame for his ineptitude.

but indeed they do since nothing can be in a vacuum: in fact they have to do with your ability to judge QBs and assess appropriate culpability. Case in point as frequently pointed out on TGG by word and video: it doesn't matter whether a receiver is a scrub or not, when they make it to the pros and are wide open but not thrown to because their QB is busy throwing into double or triple coverage, they're not to blame for his ineptitude.

that's interesting considering your feelings on your QB

I'm not pleased with our OL. There are a lot of reasons and I could get in to a lot of explanation of how my predictions came true. But the fact of the matter is that the 2014 OL was significantly better than 2013 or 2013 and I can't see it ranked at the bottom of the league.

Albert was as good as advertised ... but my issues were that he is older and gets injured a lot. Check. But he was good when he played. We overpaid. Check.

James is too soft. Check. He did solid job at RT in pass pro, and I give him credit ... but as a RT you gotta run block ... not just pillow fight. Soft. Check.

We should have had Zack Martin, but the Cowboys were smart and took talent over need and he was as good as advertised ... wish we had traded up and grabbed him.

Turner has the tools and attitude, but I knew the step up in competition would expose his sloppy technique and he would be a project that needed time to adjust with the huge step up in competition and a change of position. Check.

People just defended Shelley Smith until the cows came home, but the guy just isn't a good pass blocker and is best suited as an extra blocker in short yardage. Check.

Dallas Thomas was and is epically bad. Check.

The veterans Satele and Colledge were stopgaps. Check.

Pouncey wasn't himself and while it's admirable that he fought his way back and played through it ... he wasn't as good a previous years and now is in position to be a high priced free agent. Check.

We need to continue building this OL through the draft, and we need at least one good tall combination TE who can block and be a red zone threat. That is my humble opinion.

I'm not pleased with our OL. There are a lot of reasons and I could get in to a lot of explanation of how my predictions came true. But the fact of the matter is that the 2014 OL was significantly better than 2013 or 2013 and I can't see it ranked at the bottom of the league.

Albert was as good as advertised ... but my issues were that he is older and gets injured a lot. Check. But he was good when he played. We overpaid. Check.

James is too soft. Check. He did solid job at RT in pass pro, and I give him credit ... but as a RT you gotta run block ... not just pillow fight. Soft. Check.

We should have had Zack Martin, but the Cowboys were smart and took talent over need and he was as good as advertised ... wish we had traded up and grabbed him.

Turner has the tools and attitude, but I knew the step up in competition would expose his sloppy technique and he would be a project that needed time to adjust with the huge step up in competition and a change of position. Check.

People just defended Shelley Smith until the cows came home, but the guy just isn't a good pass blocker and is best suited as an extra blocker in short yardage. Check.

Dallas Thomas was and is epically bad. Check.

The veterans Satele and Colledge were stopgaps. Check.

Pouncey wasn't himself and while it's admirable that he fought his way back and played through it ... he wasn't as good a previous years and now is in position to be a high priced free agent. Check.

We need to continue building this OL through the draft, and we need at least one good tall combination TE who can block and be a red zone threat. That is my humble opinion.

Wooow! Talk about a post being way off. You get the prize.

Back
Top Bottom