Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Owner Stephen Ross Wasn't Exactly Blown Away By Team's Early-round Picks

So a Boston Globe reporter who covers the patriots has a story on a division rival. that is inyeresting... I'm not buying it.

I'm reading this as he understands the stockpiling pick strategy and wants to be more like the smarter teams in the leavue.

The money issue is BS. He has never refused to spend his money even for foolish reasons.

I think he was watching to much ESPN and didn't agree with our selections based on their top 100. A lot of owners don't understand the actual scouting process to begin with. Only what they hear on the network television

Losing faith in the FO because he wanted a qb? No.

I think once Ross sees Minkah on the field and Mike G he’s going to be happy. They were the 2 best at their positions in the entire draft.

Miami hit a homerun.

I didnt see anything about a QB?

Im extremely interested to see how Gaine does with the Texans. He should have been given the Dolphins job years ago instead of Hickey. Tough first year with no first or second round pick though

I always thought Hickey did a decent job, personally...but he got pushed out with arrival of Tbag and the rest.

Xanders was a candidate that year as well, IIRC.

Time will tell. I think of Lamar turns out to be better than Tannehill, then Ross is gonna hold that against this FO.

I too wanted James before Minkah, but that's more personal preference than anything.

This is a non story like the other two. This is only a story about a story the Boston Globe wrote. The only thing quoted by Ross was when he was asked about the picks being great. He properly replied "we'll see". He doesn't have a crystal ball and know for certain these picks will be great. No one does.

I would've been tempted as well to trade down for extra picks. Especially if we got offered the Saints' #1 pick in 2019.

Ross probably felt that adding extra picks could be beneficial to us, given our large number of needs coming into the draft.

However, everyone knows that you don't pass on a potentially elite defensive talent for extra picks. I'm sure that's what Grier and co. told him, and I'm glad he let them make the final call.

If Stephen Ross wants to get involved with football operations, he should sell the Dolphins and buy the Cowboys, a franchise that is used to being run by an owner that thinks he knows football more than he does.

seems like the picks weren't flashy enough for him.

he probably wanted to get Rosen or trade down for Lamar Jackson.

glad we didn't pass on Minkah & go to Jared Odrick route instead of the Earl Thomas one

Well since Ross doesn’t know about football scouting and was smiling ear to ear when we spent $100M on a DT, I would say this is good news.

He wanted splash players, as said above. He bought in on Miami’s QB smokescreens, since he was probably in NYC the whole time, lol.

You do realize that guy who went out and gave that DT 100 Million is still running the show here?

I think he's tired of 10 years of a singles and a few doubles. Sounds like he didn't interject, but it sounds like they're on notice they better be right. Despite what is said about him, Ross has spent a ton of money trying to turn the team into a winner over the last 10 years. His fallacy has been relying on the likes of Jeff Ireland, Tony Sparano, Joe Philbin, and Mike Tannenbaum to bring a winner.

Also he's 77 years old, i'm sure he wants to win one sooner than later.

Back
Top Bottom