Dolphins part ways with DL coach Marion Hobby | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins part ways with DL coach Marion Hobby

Then what are you going to do with Boyer? Demote him?
They would be co-coordinators. To get him we might need to pay him and give him the Associate HC title as he’s been a head coach. Could assign him to Dline. Juat thinking out loud. He’s a fantastic DC. Head coach not so much

We'll never know and that's okay. As long as it's for the best for both parties(coach and the organization) then good luck to both and let's move forward.

The DL, imo, overall performed well. It's clear we need to get better and consistent at stopping the run and also find ways to generate pressure on opposing QBs without having to bring the house and exposing our secondary.

If our needs and the NFL wasn't so slanted towards offensive then i'd be for taking a top notch pass rusher or LB like Parsons high in the draft.

But if you look at all of the team in the playoffs, iirc, non of them are their because of stellar defenses. 99% are their because their offenses are top notch.
Maybe.

However...., to defeat those hi octane offenses in the current touch football nfl is having a stout defense like ours AND a big time run game that drags the clock and keeps the ball out of the mahomes, brees, allen types hands. And i will say it again, and again. Getting a big time run game to pair with tua is the most important thing right now for this offense and will save the longevity of his carreer. The type of back we need just happens to be in this draft and that is HARRIS. He is not lasting to the second round so i dont care a bit where he is picked just as long as we make it happen. Get a wr in f/a and another in the second rd where there will be PLENTY of excellent talent.

And gaskin should be moved to wr. Thats his real talent as a pass catcher. Harris and Ahmad is the perfect backfield for this team, thunder and lightning.

Reactions: BSQ
Boyer is the defensive coordinator

Oh i know. The previous poster mentioned the following:

Wonder if Flo is talking to Matt Patricia. Would be a fantastic hire to run the D and would probably need to be Assoc Head Coach

^^^^The only way that happens if Boyer gets demoted or fired which i think is a bad idea. Need some consistency with some of these coaches.

Maybe.

However...., to defeat those hi octane offenses in the current touch football nfl is having a stout defense like ours AND a big time run game that drags the clock and keeps the ball out of the mahomes, brees, allen types hands. And i will say it again, and again. Getting a big time run game to pair with tua is the most important thing right now for this offense and will save the longevity of his carreer. The type of back we need just happens to be in this draft and that is HARRIS. He is not lasting to the second round so i dont care a bit where he is picked just as long as we make it happen. Get a wr in f/a and another in the second rd where there will be PLENTY of excellent talent.

And gaskin should be moved to wr. Thats his real talent as a pass catcher. Harris and Ahmad is the perfect backfield for this team, thunder and lightning.

Preaching to the choir. Although the only team in the playoffs that's kinda constructed like that right now is Tennesse which is based on strong run and play action. So there a great example for us to study. What's the pro an cons of that system?

Pro
- Control the game clock IF you can run the ball
- Killer Playaction possibilities

Cons:
- Dead in the water if you can't run the ball
- Dead if you have to play catchup

Tenn last year killed NE with the ball controlled offense and PA...The good side
Tenn last year with a tired back couldn't run the ball against KC and fell behind and had to play catch up...The bad side

Ultimately, I think the approach NE and some degree NO has is the best of all world. A offense that's so varied that it can becomes heavy run and playaction like Tenn or it can co spread/4-verticles like NO and kill you with the passing game.

I g
Gailey gone, Hobby gone, and now there is talk that Brown and Marshall might be gone. Remember when Flores said he expected all his assistants back? Quite a 48 hours since that statement.
I guess from now on, everything Flo/Grier said, opposite will happen.

Ok, did they say Tua will be their starting qb?
Now things are getting interesting with our 3....

They would be co-coordinators. To get him we might need to pay him and give him the Associate HC title as he’s been a head coach. Could assign him to Dline. Juat thinking out loud. He’s a fantastic DC. Head coach not so much

Come on ..Co-Coordinators, imo, is like a demotion to the guy that's already there. For the guy that's coming in as a former HC? I wouldn't take that gig. I know these guys are professional but it's human nature to have some ego involved. He was over both Flo and Boyer(not sure boyer was there when Patricia was) and now he'd essentially work for both?

Don't see it! He'd likely get the full DC gig from one of these future HC coaching shortly.

It’s one of the many things I like about Flores/Grier.
Nothing is cast in stone, can the organisation do better? Analyse every position from the FO, the back room, the playing and coaching staff. Spot a weak spot? Area to improve? Deal with it.
Support and improve the components you want to keep, replace the rest.

Back
Top Bottom