*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread *** | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread ***

I love our Tua but damn Herbert and Burrow do like like stars in the making
Their both pretty talented. I’ve come to the conclusion that Tua just isn’t that type of player, or the Scheme they run him in doesn’t allow it. Both those guys are tall pocket passers, not saying they can’t run. These guys will have games where they push 55-60 passes. That’s not Miami or Tua. Miami runs out of an RPO predicated on runs and slants, with occasional shots. But it’s a lot of motions and rollouts. Burrows and Herbert are 5-7 step drop and fling it. It works for them, not Tua.

Their both pretty talented. I’ve come to the conclusion that Tua just isn’t that type of player, or the Scheme they run him in doesn’t allow it. Both those guys are tall pocket passers, not saying they can’t run. These guys will have games where they push 55-60 passes. That’s not Miami or Tua. Miami runs out of an RPO predicated on runs and slants, with occasional shots. But it’s a lot of motions and rollouts. Burrows and Herbert are 5-7 step drop and fling it. It works for them, not Tua.
Very good point, different systems for sure

5mrwmz.jpg

I’m just gonna say this. If anyone is waiting for Tua to come out and throw for 400 and 4 TDs, it’s probably not going to happen very often. We do not run an Offense that will produce that, but on extremely rare occasions. He has not done it yet anyway. Tua is a guy you’ll get 200-250 range. For this Offense to succeed we need to be able to run the ball, get the ball out quick and make the catches. The RPO is designed for short yardage throws, Slants, curls, HB tosses.
At least I’ve come to this conclusion and arent waiting for him to explode. He just needs to be Efficient.

I’m just gonna say this. If anyone is waiting for Tua to come out and throw for 400 and 4 TDs, it’s probably not going to happen very often. We do not run an Offense that will produce that, but on extremely rare occasions. He has not done it yet anyway. Tua is a guy you’ll get 200-250 range. For this Offense to succeed we need to be able to run the ball, get the ball out quick and make the catches. The RPO is designed for short yardage throws, Slants, curls, HB tosses.
At least I’ve come to this conclusion and arent waiting for him to explode. He just needs to be Efficient.
I think those were probably the very reasons the FO drafted him; to be a reliable and fast thinking QB.

I think those were probably the very reasons the FO drafted him; to be a reliable and fast thinking QB.
Yep. And it’s still very early.

T Lawrence was called the best prospect since Luck…so should the Jags quit on him cuz he threw 3 INTs today? I get people being somewhat impatient cuz we haven’t been THAT team in many years…but damn.

Back
Top Bottom