*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread *** | Page 36 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread ***

5mrwmz.jpg

Now that is a little bit offside, eh??

Yep. And it’s still very early.

T Lawrence was called the best prospect since Luck…so should the Jags quit on him cuz he threw 3 INTs today? I get people being somewhat impatient cuz we haven’t been THAT team in many years…but damn.
Excellent point, I'm a Clemson fan and of course love Trevor but he didn't look good today. It is what it is, Tua will progress or he won't, I see more things with my eyes that he will get better and of course will have burps along the way. This is what Young dudes do, it's the growth that has to be observed. We're in a good spot as we have a year to evaluate him and that will be enough to see how we want to proceed with him.

7-3 as a starter is solid, we just won a very tough game that many so called experts had us losing...we're good, let's solidify the oline, obtain a identity on offense (important) and get stronger each week. We'll lose some we should win and tke some we shouldn't but the end result will be what counts. Enjoy this one boys, us fans deserve it.

Do people not realize this was just the first game? Talking about the blueprint is there for everyone to see how to beat us.. Wtf? This was THE FIRST GAME... Y’all do realize that we are going to improve and get better with each day each practice each workout each snap each game. We won AT Foxborough. We are 1-0. We sit alone at the top of the AFC East. What more could anybody want?
It was the first game, we, like you also want the team to improve each day, each practice, each workout, each snap and we are happy (hopefully) as pigs in mud for the win. But I also want to see more, I want better Oline play giving Tua enough time to go through at least his second read, I want to see better Dline play by not having to rush more than four to bring pressure on opposing QBs since every time we do that we leave our secondary exposed, blitzing shouldn't be the norm. A rookie QB carved up our defense yesterday but we stilled eked out a win which showed grit and determination by the team, but we won't make much noise if we can't clean up the line play for sure......and here comes Buffalo.

anyone see the Michael Palardy from the preseason yesterday?

anyone think the punting game was somewhat less than expected?
Those punts yesterday were not good. No hang time at all. Pats were running up to catch our punts while Grant was running backwards to catch theirs.

Those punts yesterday were not good. No hang time at all. Pats were running up to catch our punts while Grant was running backwards to catch theirs.
i was wondering if i was the only one that felt that way, or if i was imagining things.

on a related note, i did see that Haack had some issues yesterday.

let's hope that home next week we see "the real michael palardy we were all expecting"

Was it windy yesterday or did he just shank a few. He had a 56 and 37 yarders I believe.

anyone see the Michael Palardy from the preseason yesterday?

anyone think the punting game was somewhat less than expected?
I went back last night because he did not look as good as preseason. However on 4 punts he had 1 touch back. Avergaed 45 yards with a 52 long. I mean that's pretty average. We just didn't get that game impactful pin down. I think he'll have them...

I’m just gonna say this. If anyone is waiting for Tua to come out and throw for 400 and 4 TDs, it’s probably not going to happen very often. We do not run an Offense that will produce that, but on extremely rare occasions. He has not done it yet anyway. Tua is a guy you’ll get 200-250 range. For this Offense to succeed we need to be able to run the ball, get the ball out quick and make the catches. The RPO is designed for short yardage throws, Slants, curls, HB tosses.
At least I’ve come to this conclusion and arent waiting for him to explode. He just needs to be Efficient.
You mean...The fins need him to be "Brady Like" which makes sense knowing where Flo's background came from right?
Brady has never really impressed me with long beautiful throws like Marino or Manning did....he is just the NFLs best game manager ever and does it mostly 10-30 yds at a time.

Thats who Tua needs to be...and most likely who Flo wants him to be.

It was a bad throw but he still had a chance to catch it

I'm just pissed at him because he did nothing in my fantasy league

:DWN:
ZERO is what he got me yesterday. I'm down 15 points with Jacobs and Waller still to play.

My biggest take away from yesterday's game is that I really don't believe we are built or should be a run first team. Not even sure we should be looking to establish the run early. I think we should be play calling more RPO, slants, quick pass reads....while getting the ball to the RB via screens

That's my opinion and will probably change...

Back
Top Bottom