*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread *** | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Dolphins @ Patriots POST game thread ***

Yesterday we had five rookies get significant snaps, not counting ST. FIVE. Phillips, Holland, Waddle, Eich and Long. That’s huge in their development and we’ll see the fruit of that this year. It also shows we drafted well.
We also had injuries to the starting WR cops so that unit was basically together for the first time.

I’m just gonna say this. If anyone is waiting for Tua to come out and throw for 400 and 4 TDs, it’s probably not going to happen very often. We do not run an Offense that will produce that, but on extremely rare occasions. He has not done it yet anyway. Tua is a guy you’ll get 200-250 range. For this Offense to succeed we need to be able to run the ball, get the ball out quick and make the catches. The RPO is designed for short yardage throws, Slants, curls, HB tosses.
At least I’ve come to this conclusion and arent waiting for him to explode. He just needs to be Efficient.
Don’t agree but whatever. We drafted and signed a bunch of YAC guys. Tua can throw a 5 yard pass and one of them can take it to the house. I could really care less what his stats are if we win the game. This isn’t fantasy football. I think we had more 10 and 20 yard explosive plays in yesterday’s game than almost every game last year.

Last edited:
Thanks for you input there Eeyore
Look you’re taking me all wrong. I badly want to beat Buffalo this coming week. I’m more optimistic than most and did have us beating the Pats. The game script was a little different than I imagined but I had us winning.

All I’m saying is we haven’t had answers for Josh Allen. I think the safeties are upgraded and Phillips will offer more as time goes on but is that enough to stop a guy that has pretty much been our daddy for 2 seasons? I hope so! I do think Miami will be ready to go and maybe the Pittsburg tape will lend some good clues but can Miami get that kind of pressure? I sure hope so.

Look you’re taking me all wrong. I badly want to beat Buffalo this coming week. I’m more optimistic than most and did have us beating the Pats. The game script was a little different than I imagined but I had us winning.

All I’m saying is we haven’t had answers for Josh Allen. I think the safeties are upgraded and Phillips will offer more as time goes on but is that enough to stop a guy that has pretty much been our daddy for 2 seasons? I hope so! I do think Miami will be ready to go and maybe the Pittsburg tape will lend some good clues but can Miami get that kind of pressure? I sure hope so.
Last years home game was close. If we don’t turn it over and give Tua the time to get the ball to our playmakers we will have a good chance to win. This isn’t a Philbin or Sparano team. This is Flo’s team. They’ll be ready.

Last edited:
All the talk during the off season was how Flores needed to surround Tua with high YAC receivers and that's what they did. Wilson came back, Fuller and Waddle were added.

The point was to set him up for the short to mid passing game and utilize his accuracy at those points so the WR's could gain more yards after the catch. We didn't see a whole lot of that this week but hopefully soon.
You’re exactly right on the first point. On the second we did see the explosive plays.

You mean...The fins need him to be "Brady Like" which makes sense knowing where Flo's background came from right?
Brady has never really impressed me with long beautiful throws like Marino or Manning did....he is just the NFLs best game manager ever and does it mostly 10-30 yds at a time.

Thats who Tua needs to be...and most likely who Flo wants him to be.
Thats boring bro. I want tua to be even better than marino. I want tua to be god like. If i gave tannehill the benefit of the doubt for about 7 years. ....why not give tua the same chance.

Technically this is tuas rookie season where he had an offseason to work on his game. He will definetely get better.

Let's just be as honest as we can. This O-Line in its current form isn't going to win us any Superbowls. If we make it to the playoffs, it will be despite the line, not because of it. Seeing Mac Jones with ample time in the pocket seemingly play after play was just so exhausting. Our line can't pass block, and they don't run block especially well either.
we need improvement, but put yourself in the patriots and patriot fan's shoes after the fumble recovery.

down by a point, needing a stop.

and the dolphins offense, with everyone in the universe knowing we were going to run the ball, make them use their time outs, and try to run out the clock, just handed it to Malcolm Brown.

5 yards first down.

4+ yards second down.

Brisket sneak for a first down.

The Mighty Mighty Mighty Bill Belichick knew it was coming.

Kyle Van C0ck knew it was coming.

The entire Pats D knew it was coming.

And our miserable, sh!tty, Offensive Line, miserable, sh!tty short yardage third string running back, miserable sh!tty back up Quarterback, just lined up and put it straight up their a$$ses over and over again, and we win with the ball in our hands, in the victory formation, on their home field.

How many times have other teams done that to us?

Do you remember the helpless, frustrated, anguished, feeling?

That is what we made them all feel on Sunday.

Knock the OLine and the team and the game all you want.

If that wasn't something to build on, I don't know what the fvck is.

I’m so saddened by the amount of negativity in this group after our team just secured a road win at Gillette Stadium. Not an easy stadium to win in and one we haven’t had success at in the past.

Back
Top Bottom