Dolphins pitiful drafts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins pitiful drafts

Phinatic

HVAC Technician
Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I sure hope our coaches did alot more homework this year then in the past.I just did some research and check this out.
1998-Traded down and took John Avery when we could have set still and got Randy Moss
1999-no first rounder, took James Johnson in 2nd over Peerless Price
2000-no first rounder, took Ben Kelly over Laverneous Coles and Darrell Jackson
2001-Took Jamar Fletcher over Deuce Mcallister, Chad Johnson, and Michael Bennett
2002-no first or second rounders, took Omar Lowe over Najeh davenport
2003-No first rounder, took Eddie Moore over Anquin Boldin

This is really bad isnt it...........

yeah we could have had tom brady in what ever draft he was in, in the first round. but why would we do that? we wouldnt cause we didnt know he would turn out to be a good QB. all you say would only be usefull if we had a time machine

Phinatic said:
I sure hope our coaches did alot more homework this year then in the past.I just did some research and check this out.
1998-Traded down and took John Avery when we could have set still and got Randy Moss
1999-no first rounder, took James Johnson in 2nd over Peerless Price
2000-no first rounder, took Ben Kelly over Laverneous Coles and Darrell Jackson
2001-Took Jamar Fletcher over Deuce Mcallister, Chad Johnson, and Michael Bennett
2002-no first or second rounders, took Omar Lowe over Najeh davenport
2003-No first rounder, took Eddie Moore over Anquin Boldin

This is really bad isnt it...........
I remember thinking that the Fins would regret not taking Anquan Boldin last year. When they took Eddie Moore I was wondering WTF they were doing and then Moore went down in preseason. I was hoping that Boldin would get drafted by Miami because I followed him closely at Florida State because he was my favorite player on the 'Noles and they had questionible wide reciever depth. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20.

Look at how many teams had shots at players like Chambers(2nd round), McMichael(4th round), and Wale(undrafted). You can't expect someone to come out of the draft with all of the right players.I think we have done very good getting steals in the draft lately.

McAllister was gone before we picked Fletcher. Otherwise he'd be a Dolphin.

Ya.. Damn Saints.. They really stuck it to us! :(

It was a complete surprise to everyone when they drafted Deuce.. I think the Phins were riding their hat on getting him when they saw him fall.. they didnt see anyone before them that would take him.. They underestimated Ricky's flakiness.. twice.

Muck said:
McAllister was gone before we picked Fletcher. Otherwise he'd be a Dolphin.

That is exactly right and what send wanny over the deep and when he picked fletcher. He figured for sure NO would not go RB and obviously they did. I dont fault them for not expecting NO to make that pick, but I do fault them mightily for not having a better back up plan. Jeez its only the 1st round. Get a series of options so as not to panic at the last minute and pick a guy who is a terrible fit for our system at a position of depth :fire: . Bennet might have been a nice choice!!

Back
Top Bottom