Dolphins Player Profile — CB Xavien Howard | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Player Profile — CB Xavien Howard

Might have gotten away with a hold there but it wasn't much either. He disengaged and it was just a quick misdirect.

He was an outstanding CB in 2018. The problem with Howard is his availability and the numerous injuries he has had to deal with since coming to the Dolphins. He basically was paid the big contract off what he did in 2018 and the projection that he would only get better from there. Unless the can stay on the field and play at the level he did in 2018, it won’t surprise me if he isn’t on the trading block after the 2020 season.

I do hope he can come back and be the CB the Dolphins expected him to be when they signed him to that huge contract. Because with Jones at one CB position and iggy projected to be a solid slot corner, the Dolphins could be set at the CB position for several years to come.

He was an outstanding CB in 2018. The problem with Howard is his availability and the numerous injuries he has had to deal with since coming to the Dolphins. He basically was paid the big contract off what he did in 2018 and the projection that he would only get better from there. Unless the can stay on the field and play at the level he did in 2018, it won’t surprise me if he isn’t on the trading block after the 2020 season.

If he is hurt again who is going to want to trade for him?

They would have to take very little back for someone to justify taking his contract if he can't stay on the field.

If he is hurt again who is going to want to trade for him?

They would have to take very little back for someone to justify taking his contract if he can't stay on the field.
While I certainly see your point. If he has another injury riddled season I just don’t see him being on the team in 2021. Perhaps they would have to cut him in that case if no one is willing to trade for him because of his contract. He just needs to show he can live up to that contract and the first part of doing that is to be able to stay on the field and not on the injury list.

I like Howard and want him to have success in Miami but he isn’t helping the team if he isn’t on the field. Hopefully he can get back to his play in 2018 and play the entire season in 2020.

They may be forced to take junk for him to avoid just releasing him.

But I am confident he will be mostly healthy and play very well so I expect to see him in Fins colors for some time.

Back
Top Bottom