Dolphins Player Profile: LB Andrew Van Ginkel | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins Player Profile: LB Andrew Van Ginkel

I keep forgetting about this kid when I try to picture what the Fins LB corps will look like.

He was drafted as a Van Noy "type" and now he will play with him.

It is going to be fascinating to see all the different looks the Fins show the opposing offenses, they look to have a very versatile group to mix and match with.

I have long wondered why more teams did not emulate the BB/Pat's use of basketball style matchups on defense and am very happy to finally see my team doing it.

It will be interesting to see how things work out in camp:

Kyle Van Noy
Elandon Roberts
Kamu Grugier-Hill
Blake Ferguson
Vince Biegel
Jerome Baker
Raekwon McMillan
Andrew Van Ginkel
James Crawford
Sam Equavoen
Trent Harris
Kylan Johnson
Calvin Munson
I was a huge fan of Sam all last year. Really was pulling for him. But I just don't think he did enough. I feel he will be the easiest let go...unfortunately.

I keep forgetting about this kid when I try to picture what the Fins LB corps will look like.

He was drafted as a Van Noy "type" and now he will play with him.

It is going to be fascinating to see all the different looks the Fins show the opposing offenses, they look to have a very versatile group to mix and match with.

I have long wondered why more teams did not emulate the BB/Pat's use of basketball style matchups on defense and am very happy to finally see my team doing it.
That's the key, IMHO. Van Ginkel needs to learn how Van Noy does it, and if he does that, he could get a lot of snaps over the next few years, and inherit the position from Van Noy eventually. Van Ginkel doesn't have a lot of power, and while he does have some speed, he isn't truly explosive, so he'll need to make his mark mastering the system and becoming a jack of all trades type. This defense is a great fit for him if he can absorb Van Noy's wisdom.

Back
Top Bottom