Dolphins poised to compete THIS year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dolphins poised to compete THIS year?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
With the draft picks and moves in FA do you feel the Dolphins could make a run at the playoffs this year?

IMO, I believe so. I think Brown will be a stud, a DEFINATE improvement over last year's mess. Now, our season hinges on 2 things.. The development and consistency of AJ Feeley and the Offensive line to give him that opportunity... If one of those 2 fails, it will be a mediocre to poor year.. if not, playoff contention imo.

i don't think so. we'll improve, but not like the chargers did a year ago.

we have too many question marks over our QB and our OL. we can't assume that with the same personnel, only new coaches that we will experience a complete role-reversal at QB and OL...

It all rests on AJ. The rest of the team is stacked.

We definitely have the coaching for it. If he can't develop with this awesome coaching, I don't think he'll ever make it.

It's all on AJ as others have said. He has all the weapons he needs, he's just gotta make it happen. You can bet for sure that with this year's defensive draft, our defense is going to keep us in just about every single game we play.

Even after a good draft, we are not looking for playoffs. We could say that the Pats, Jets and even the Bills are still better than us. But in 2 years, I think it is a possibility. I only hope people won't get mad if we have anoter losing season, I mean our roster was very depleted before Nick took the lead. Give him 2 years and we are back in the playoffs at the condition Feeley can become a good QB(doubtful) or if we pick up a good QB.

Do u guys forget that New England, the Jets, and the Bills are in our division? I hate them all with a passion, but we are still lacking quality depth at corner and safety to go any further than a wildcard this yr.

I think our OL will be good as we have added a lot of depth, and AJ will be far improved over last yr. We also have a new system for everyone to learn on both Offense and defense. I'm hoping yr after next we will be able to make a strong run, but atleast we will be able to compete this yr without being flat out embarrasing.

i DO think Saban made a mistake in not drafting a future-franchise QB. he IS rebuilding after all, and he should have done what the 49'ers did in getting a new QB that will be the face of our franchise.

now, lets just SAY that everything works out EXCEPT qb... then he will be screwed.. it would take too many years to draft and develop a new QB after the feely experiment is over with.

This is my perfect season....:

Ronnie Brown wins ROY.

Pro Bowl: Chris Chambers, Jason Taylor, Kevin Carter, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison

3-13

Feeley's stats: 2,500 yds, 20 tds, 35 ints 0-13 record

Furotte's stats: 300 yds, 4 tds, 2 ints, 3-0 record

Miami gets #1 pick and select Matt Leinart, quarterback of USC
:):):):):):)

For the first time in many many years, I don't have to stress about making the playoffs. I'm already pretty sure we arent gonna be there. But there is still a decent, just decent, chance we compete. So either way I will be at the games, supporting my team, win or lose.

I honesty dont care about this year. I know we cant win the Super Bowl or win the division so i want a bonafide franchise qb next year...Matt Leinart. And the only way we get Leinart is to get the number one pick. I can suffer another terrible season for Leinart...Does anyone agree?

lordlegel said:

Ronnie Brown wins ROY.

3-13

heh, and i thought I was pessimistic! jeez....

lordlegel said:

Ronnie Brown wins ROY.

3-13

You call yourself a fan? I don't what you are, but it isn't a fan. No fan wishes that on their team even for a player.

SkapePhin said:
With the draft picks and moves in FA do you feel the Dolphins could make a run at the playoffs this year?

IMO, I believe so. I think Brown will be a stud, a DEFINATE improvement over last year's mess. Now, our season hinges on 2 things.. The development and consistency of AJ Feeley and the Offensive line to give him that opportunity... If one of those 2 fails, it will be a mediocre to poor year.. if not, playoff contention imo.

05 will = 02 , top 5 rushing team, top 5 defensive team, BIG difference, a big gun at QB (as opposed to Jay:roflmao: ) and a GREAT Coach on the sidelines demanding excellence:fire:

Get beat by the Colts in week 2 of playoffs by a fieldgoal

Im thinking rationally. Actually thats Plan B, Plan A is go undefeated and win the Super Bowl but since thats not happening...I want a good qb next year. Leinart is the best qb since Peyton Manning and i want the fins to get him, even if it takes a 3-13 record

Back
Top Bottom